THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

purple suedes are the only worth the robo-cop in my opinion.. I thought Id be all over the blues, but for some reason they look mad boring to me. . Could be because I havent seen any decent pics in the sun-light..

my cement ID's are at UPS waiting for me. Ill post up a pic when I grab them.. Really stoked about them. 

^^^ agreed... blue suedes seem mediocre to me. Not interested anymore. Hopefully the purples dont disappoint but we all know nike's marketing pics always make things look better than they really are

Thanks for the info but Nike needs to realize that NOBODY WANTS THAT PREMIUM TAPE/HYPERFUSE CRAP. If ur gonna drop OGs, and CALL them OGs, they need to be OG materials. Nothing is better than the OG materials and build. Yes I know they dropped all three already in their original form recently which in my eyes, makes this premium tape thing useless. Don't use the word OG if they aren't really OG.... Nike. They need to stop milking these also.
Agreed 100%

Before anyone passes judgement on the Air Max 1 Tape Red/White, I was fortunate enough to have them in hand today, let me just say they are outstanding, Im a purest, but these are a modern twist on an old school sneaker, pics tommorow, quality outstanding, the red on these is amazing

I noticed that the midsole of AM1s Tape has a strange (bad) shape, especially around the air bubble.
I don't know whether they are supposed to be different from regular AM1s though.

I can't stand the Tapes.
To me it's not a modern twist on a classic.
It's a way to use cheaper materials...
Full mesh upper (except the mudguard, which will be plastic too sometime) with some plastic bonded onto it so the shoe will keep some shape and not fall apart.
Give me the regular old AM1 anyday.

Last edited:
^ agreed. hyperfuse, i like; but the tape packs that are coming out, i'm not feeling them at all

how does the suede compare to other materials regarding stretch / fit? i have a pair of leather toebox am1's which are a bit tight (in 13)

are these maybe gonna stretch a bit?if so i'd try to cop the uk 12 blue suede...

oh and first post. hi :smile: 

Last edited:
how does the suede compare to other materials regarding stretch / fit? i have a pair of leather toebox am1's which are a bit tight (in 13)

are these maybe gonna stretch a bit?if so i'd try to cop the uk 12 blue suede...

oh and first post. hi :smile: 
good user name

My first pair of iDs finally arrived.  Very impressed on the OG '88 version, but my version of the AM97 OG seems off.  I'm just glad Nike accept returns on iDs even though the heel wordings were customized.  I just did 2 to get the free shipping.  From my observation, what I did on the computer looks different when you see it in person.  The customized writings on the heel was way smaller on the computer but in person, they are large fonts in which anyone can read it from afar.  I also noticed the word on one of the heels is not level.  

That bottom pair is dope. That shape may make me do an ID too.

Last edited:
I can't stand the Tapes.
To me it's not a modern twist on a classic.
It's a way to use cheaper materials...
Full mesh upper (except the mudguard, which will be plastic too sometime) with some plastic bonded onto it so the shoe will keep some shape and not fall apart.
Give me the regular old AM1 anyday.

They are giving you the regular AM1 but Nike is also trying to be innovative and change things up a bit, I have regular AM1, I have Hyperfuse, Ive bought the Tape InfraRed 90's, I like to mix it up if it's done right and looks right, it doesnt always work, and obviously its not to everyones liking, but its not like their still not giving you what you want, well to a degree, there just offering another style

got these yesterday...

excuse the phone pics- I'll post better ones later, if anyone is interested...
welcome AMJ nice to see you here, i didnt expected that you would return back to the A I R M A X game lol

i thought that u was retired or something, since i saw that u got a huge sale out from your kickz a couple years ago

but either way its good to have you here cuz sadly enough the RT section in SC is slowly dying day by day,

all the regular members are vanished there on that board
sick.gif

welcome AMJ nice to see you here, i didnt expected that you would return back to the A I R M A X game lol

i thought that u was retired or something, since i saw that u got a huge sale out from your kickz a couple years ago

but either way its good to have you here cuz sadly enough the RT section in SC is slowly dying day by day,

all the regular members are vanished there on that board
sick.gif
good to see you too, man... I'm not retired, more like 'in remission", haha... I sold off a chunk of stuff a while back, but still have a lot left actually- and I haven't been buying like I used to, but AM1s are still a weakness.. . . just had to jump on a few pairs of iDs with these options- I have 2 more pairs not pictured, and 1 more on the way.. so yeah- still a junkee... 

I've noticed the emptiness over on SC... shame. that's part of the reason I signed up here today.. 

Back
Top Bottom