THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Yes, my kicks made the cut on @rawdawg34 post! That's it, what else is there to live for.

Can you give examples of undesirable toe box shape?

I don't think there is.

Hey, I'm New to the am1 id thing too og. Just trying to make a positive contribution to the thread. :smile:

Last edited:
I don't think there is.

Hey, in New to the am1 id thing too.
no i meant in general, not pendleton ID.  i think we need an example of what everyone doest like.  i get the banana shape to the shoe, but the boxy vs other is a bit vague.  you mean non desirable ones have a pointy shape? 

side note: i got kind of sad today realizing all the kicks i'll never be able to locate.  not even talking about being able to afford.  at least if theyre available, its fun to dream about owning pattas, but some releases i cant even locate with a price tag.  just remnant traces of where these kicks once were.   sorry, had to express my frustration. 

Last edited:

side note: i got kind of sad today realizing all the kicks i'll never be able to locate.  not even talking about being able to afford.  at least if theyre available, its fun to dream about owning pattas, but some releases i cant even locate with a price tag.  just remnant traces of where these kicks once were.   sorry, had to express my frustration. 
how long you have been into the AM collecting game ??

how long you have been into the AM collecting game ??
not long with 1s.  and only 5-7 years with the rest.  i was very big into retro bball (non jordan) when i was heaviest into it.  but i will say my first pair of kicks were ogs when i was in highschool.  if that counts for anything.  
happy.gif

Last edited:

not long with 1s.  and only 5-7 years with the rest.  i was very big into retro bball (non jordan) when i was heaviest into it.  
thats means its just way after the glory years from the AM1

i got into collecting AM1 & 95s around 2002 and start to collecting 90s in 2003

its better for you to just accept that you will never own some of the older cws

especially the very highly sought after hyperstrikes what cost a arm and a leg

Last edited:

thats means its just way after the glory years from the AM1

i got into collecting AM1 & 95s around 2002 and start to collecting 90s in 2003

its better for you to just accept that you will never own some older cws

especially the very highly sought after hyperstrikes what cost a arm and a leg
yeah i feel you.  but there has to be a way.  i mean searching via online means cant be the end.  for example, and this is just an example:

ive been looking for a pair of am1 picnics.  there are some floating on ebay, but lowest size is a 10.5.  thats a full size larger than mine.  that has to mean that whatever is out there in a 9.5 is either worn, or being held onto.  and thats not even a sought after am1.  i guess this is more about obscure ones rather than sought after.  if i want patta greens, i'll pay 1500 for them, but something like picnics or grunge?  cant even find them. 

side note:  thought i had og chilis back in highschool, but chilis were released in 2003.  i had graduated college by then.  wondering what they were that i had.  it looked just like chilis.  and had the same colorway but in green too.  sorry, just talking aloud. 

side note:  thought i had og chilis back in highschool, but chilis were released in 2003.  i had graduated college by then.  wondering what they were that i had.  it looked just like chilis.  and had the same colorway but in green too.  sorry, just talking aloud. 
probably these i think

yeah i feel you.  but there has to be a way.  i mean searching via online means cant be the end.  for example, and this is just an example:

ive been looking for a pair of am1 picnics.  there are some floating on ebay, but lowest size is a 10.5.  thats a full size larger than mine.  that has to mean that whatever is out there in a 9.5 is either worn, or being held onto.  and thats not even a sought after am1.  i guess this is more about obscure ones rather than sought after.  if i want patta greens, i'll pay 1500 for them, but something like picnics or grunge?  cant even find them. 

I do like my picnics [emoji]128540[/emoji] They are a little obscure and I haven't seen anybody else with them so that's a plus!

no i meant in general, not pendleton ID.  i think we need an example of what everyone doest like.  i get the banana shape to the shoe, but the boxy vs other is a bit vague.  you mean non desirable ones have a pointy shape? 

i think the following 2 pics are a good example of a preferred toebox shape vs. a bad toebox shape. the purists in here can def elaborate more than i can. but just from being in this thread and learning...i think this is a good example of bad vs. better. there are many other older colorways that are spot on with shape. just wanted to use this example because its the same shoe with a re-worked toebox.

yes i see now.  thanks @rawdawg34    

while i have you here.  how long did it take for the kumquats to ship?  i think i might pull the trigger today and copp.  told myself i wouldnt buy anything until persians but...  i dont want to miss out on kumquats.  and i have a feeling i'll kick myself if i do. 

Back
Top Bottom