The Official Air Max Sweep Thru (Amar'e Stoudemire) Thread

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

Originally Posted by btlgrnd

I like them in general, however, my brother picked up the blue pair and the leather is like cardboard. Other than that, love the Knicks cw.

yikes!
mad.gif
Haha, you'll know soon enough! They're kinda like Starburys, haha. Just kidding.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by swingshot

Given his size, i'd expect him to go through phylon forefoot cushioning pretty quick.....or Duralon, or Hyperlon, or whatever other name Nike have come up with
to distract us from their money grubbing.

Either he's changing shoes every other game, or what Nike are selling isn't actually what he's wearing.

Pity his sig series didn't take off. The STAT one is a great shoe.

I agree.  They had some of the Barkley shoes DNA, and plus they were somethin' you could wear off court.  I don't fault Amare, I fault Nike for not doin' commercial, ads to advertise his kicks.

I agree with this as well he has to have something that is not in the version that we buy.  I also feel the same way about Durant's shoes as well.  I had the KD 2's and played in them twice and said there is no way he can play 82 games in these no cushion forefoot and cushlon heel shoes and gave them away at the gym.

It isnt a surprise that it looks like the KD2..Amare loved the home version of Durants shoe..he wore them like every home game in Phoenix and when he was traded to the Knicks. He is a heavy dude..so its not a shock that the focus is on the heel and not the forefoot..although it should be both in my opinion. But Adidas dont use air at all and the Adidas Beast holds up for Howard. Most shoes from non-Nike companies use just phylon. Most NBA players switch up shoes every game anyway..to prevent injuries..in fact..alot of colleges dont let the players wear the same shoe all season long..We switched up shoes once a month..and my team i played for over here in Finland did as well. The sweep through will be picked up just to chill in..most of my money is going to them KD4´s..and of course them playoff XII´s.

i hate to say it but yea the knick colorways of this shoe take a crap all over the lebron 9 and kobe 7

funny how the low end sigs look much better than the overpriced sigs

Yeah,  visually I love the Knicks cw.  Just appeals to me, the other ones do look blah or generic but I'm very happy with my pair.  They got dropped off yesterday, wore them around the house and they will def need some breaking in.  I'm going to shoot around in them tonight and see how they feel on the court.  Absolutely love how they look though.
Thanks again Vinsanity!

20111026085411.jpg

Crazy how the orange side of the strap looks with flash on. 
laugh.gif

20111026085345.jpg

The NBA Store had them online, I was lucky enough to snag the last sz 15.

Originally Posted by ehh

Yeah,  visually I love the Knicks cw.  Just appeals to me, the other ones do look blah or generic but I'm very happy with my pair.  They got dropped off yesterday, wore them around the house and they will def need some breaking in.  I'm going to shoot around in them tonight and see how they feel on the court.  Absolutely love how they look though.
Thanks again Vinsanity!

20111026085411.jpg

Crazy how the orange side of the strap looks with flash on. 
laugh.gif

20111026085345.jpg
no problem!!!..... glad 2 see u got ur pair in that tough 2 find size 15
laugh.gif
.....enjoy em!!!!

Balled in mine tonight, no complaints.  Good traction, comfortable and my feet didn't hurt afterwards. 
It's not going to be an A+ performance sneaker but it's not going to be one to avoid IMO.  So far, so good.

yo the black/blue cw is mad nice. what is the material looks like suede to me but in the description it says leather.

Do I have this right.

KD II, dual zoom
KD III, forefoot zoom only
KD IV, forefoot zoom only
Zoom huarache tr, heel zoom only
And now, max air heel only?

Sounds like a regression. I bet he goes through pairs quicker than a cheap pair of socks.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

anybody balled in these?

They feel kinda heavy...so im on the fence.

On-court Review?
nerd.gif
Balled tonight in them, 2-hours on a wood court.  Decent comp, a few former college players.  The traction was okay but that was more the court being dusty/dirty.
Outside of an occasional pinch in the pinky toe I thought they were fine.  I think once they're broken in that will go away.  The didn't feel heavy to me at all, actually the opposite.  I'm 6'8 230 by the way, so about STAT's size.  My feet aren't sore right now at all.  

Back
Top Bottom