The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Have you seen Fate/Zero? That is the prequel to F/SN. As for what to do after, that's up to you. You can watch the original FSN ,which isn't as good as UBW mind you but still worth a peek. You can watch the Heaven's Feel movie. You can go on to Fate/Apocrypha which just wrapped up last season and was pretty solid.

I loved Zero & UBW however, I found it a bit of a struggle to finish Apocrypha.

Just finished Basilisk, I liked it until the end. The fight scenes and story were great but the ending was really predictable.

What else could you guys recommend? I started hunter x hunter but I just can't seem to get through the first couple of episodes. Does it get better?

It gets really good. The YorkNew Arc is one of the best arcs you will watch in an anime. I also loved the Chemira Ant arc but most people found it very slow.

dbz is really popular tho

yup.

baki is one of my favs, the story is ridiculous (mostly in a good way) but the author uses tons of historic martial arts and sports references as a part of its narrative (I gotta google something after most episodes to fact check lol and the manga naturally is deeper story-wise)

it has a few spin-offs as well, the doppo orochi gaiden started off dope when they show yujiro's father but I don't think the rest is translated yet
I will check out Doppo's show as well. I hope it has subtitles by now.

But with Baki, the number of pro wrestling references in that show had me :wow: .

Finishing up Season 2; It is essentially Kumite (BloodSport).

So many life lessons when it comes to combat, discipline, determination, and having an indomitable spirit.

There have been times where I was watching and just started reflecting on life man. I took Kung-Fu, as a child, so alot of the principles promoted in that show really make me reflect.

Show is amazing

I wish I could just press a button and the screen would just zoom in to the exact box I have to read, and so on. Mangas are hard to read on the phone lol

Tried the first season of Danganronpa but I haven't felt this confused in a while :lol: I finished it before I knew about the games so I'll check those out first before I start the rest of the seasons

As someone who reads the manga...I wish I didn’t.

Anime-only folks, don’t do it

i understand, if you're an anime-only still at this point, you don't need to read the manga unless you're thirsty to understand whats happening. the series is so popular at this point we hopefully wont have to wait 4 years (i cant believe we had to wait 4 years for season 2, ugh) for a new season anymore

Anybody been keeping up with Boruto? I'm on the episode where Boruto visits the Mizukages village. Does it get better because I've taken a break from it and I wanna know if I should get back in or wait it out still?

Is that the class trip? I couldn't finish it n just watched the academy test

Just finished watching Godzilla: Monster Planet. That ending was great. Looking forward to the next one. Love me some good Kaiju movies. :lol:

<3 My Hero Academia

Finished every chapter that's out

I think My Hero Academia overtook DBZ and Godzilla as my favorite thing to come out of Japan

If I was 15 years younger I'd be putting My Hero Academia stuff on my wall and everything :lol:

Now I'm watching Attack on Titan and I'm digging that too. I'm currently on episode 5, season 1. Apparently there was a four year gap between season 1 and 2? Why was that?

Mha over dbz?
My gawd wait till you start reading more manga.
Mha is no where near my top 50....

I am really surprised by how much I like Attack on Titan.

I wasn't expecting to like it that much.

But after I watched the first episode, I needed to watch the second, and so on..

I just started watching AoT yesterday and I'm almost done with the first season.

Back
Top Bottom