The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

bleach pisses me off because they let no other characters but mains get shine. what's the point of even showing us supplemental characters preparing to fight anymore

Naruto
Gai's father's spin of optimism on EVERYTHING though. :rofl: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR APPLAUSE!

Not impressed with OP this week at all, super predictable stuff that shouldn't have even happened to be honest

The end lil backstory was dope though

AND another break :smh:

Last edited:
bleach pisses me off because they let no other characters but mains get shine. what's the point of even showing us supplemental characters preparing to fight anymore
It's all about the set up breh...
It's always a reason when a writer does this...
At first I was like this:
giphy.gif

Then I was like this:
kidseyes.gif

After all these re-introductions, I feel the "Real" war will start in Bleach...

Last edited:
GAI SENSEI! :pimp:

This was just too dope to see man

I have always liked Rock Lee and his Taijutsu. But Gai has definitely earned my respect and has quite possibly become my favorite character behind Itachi and Kakashi :nerd:

He's just so unique to the series, as well as Rock Lee. Sad to see him open that 8th gate, cause we all know what happens after that. But man oh man that page was just too dope.

I hope he whoops on Madara before he clocks out. I understand he's in SO6P mode, but **** that ****. Let my boy go out swangin' :lol: :pimp:

"A real victory is not when you win against someone strong. It's when you're able to protect someone you really care for!"

That is how you do a proper flashback, and give a great character a fitting sendoff. Despite all the crazy power-ups and new abilities that other characters have been gaining, Gai and Lee are the only 2 that have been consistent throughout this story, from beginning to end, and never once relied on anything except hard work and determination. Nothing but respect.

Konoha's Green Beast has become Red; Madara's not ready!

"A real victory is not when you win against someone strong. It's when you're able to protect someone you really care for!"

Gai is about to go out like a true hero. I can't hate on the man for doing that. That quote is the truth too. :pimp:
I also liked his dad Dai. Get it, Might Dai? Clever Kishi is Clever. :lol:

Bleach
Kenny!! About damn time he shows up. :pimp:
Now to see his shikai/bankai... :nerd:

One Piece

I knew Usopp was gonna come back. He's still a fool though.
Also, a little back-story on Kyros is appreciated.

One Piece
Same **** as always with Usopp. He came back, but still ain't ****. It had to come out he was on the strawhat crew so all the toys from Dressrosa and other countries could turn into Strawhat allies following the arc. Only surprising thing is Ussop going after Trebol instead of Sugar. If Ussop can beat Trebol tho then either he's way lower than diamante and pica, or diamante and pica aren't that tough, or Doflamingo is way stronger than them. If Ussop can take Trebol, Luffy should be able to handle Doffy alone, based on the standard power scale. A lot of people think Luffy needs help for DD, but it was foreshadowed by DCJ that Luffy needs to defeat the big names with conquer's haki to become PK.
Flashback was decent. Got to see what Kyros was about, but I feel like hyping him up is a roundabout way of hyping Luffy up, so when he confronts DD and gets beat and Luffy steps in and wins they don't have to show a bunch of rounds. I wonder if the flashback continues next chapter with King Riku inviting Kyros to his home and him meeting Scarlett and we see more stuff we could have already inferred, but is put there so people don't scream plot hole b/c there weren't shown explicitly?

I guess Jump is having Oda do 4 chapters then a break now instead of 3 and a break to maintain his health. Hope the next chapter comes back strong with the battles actually starting for real instead of a flashback. With so much stuff going on and so many characters having decent sized roles, it's taking way longer to get to the climax. Arc is gonna be like 60 to 70 chapters instead of the standard 50-60. One Piece arcs are good weekly, but way better when you can read the whole arc at once. Like Fishman Island, when you go read it all at once it's good, but I can see why people didn't like it when it came out weekly.
Naruto
Chapter was good this week. The only problem is why does it seem like Gai is the only one who understands that this is all or nothing at this point?

Last edited:

That is how you do a proper flashback, and give a great character a fitting sendoff. Despite all the crazy power-ups and new abilities that other characters have been gaining, Gai and Lee are the only 2 that have been consistent throughout this story, from beginning to end, and never once relied on anything except hard work and determination. Nothing but respect.

Konoha's Green Beast has become Red; Madara's not ready!
Kishi...
What if...Rock Lee opens it too?
eek.gif
smokin.gif
I'll be pissed

Last edited:
It's all about the set up breh...
It's always a reason when a writer does this...
At first I was like this:
giphy.gif

Then I was like this:
kidseyes.gif

After all these re-introductions, I feel the "Real" war will start in Bleach...

I know i know, but damn it just like when i complained about Rukia, like what's the point of having her shine with a really cool ability for like 2 chaps all just for her to get dominated and someone come save the day.
theres more than enough bad guys for them to shine just a little bit.

One piece. Usopp still a punk.

Naruto. does anyone remember the huge spoiler story from like 2004/5 that spoiled pretty much all of shippudden. and one of the spoilers i think was kakashi or gai dies by sacrificing his life for gair or kakashi. I think a good majority of those spoilers happened.
coincidence or the story is just that predictable?

NARTUO: Great chapter, that's how you send a character of Kishi, not how he did Neji :smh: Gai's dad was a great guy, so optimistic :lol: Got the bushy stache and beard combo :lol: Was also great to see how the inner gates came about and why its only used to protect something and where his springtime of youth comes from. Only thing I dont like is how Pops sacrifices himself to the 7 swordsmen, you think Gai would've wanted revenge on them during the war

OP: Already knew it was gonna happen, but still, I like how Usopp admits that he's been lying this whole time and owned up to it. PIGYAH! :rofl: So I take it Trebol's a logia since he got sliced in half just now. Appreciate the backstory on Kyros, he was a beast at such a young age, still see him getting worked by Doffy if he does become human again. A warmup for the real match :pimp: Pretty slow chapter but it should pick up from here, after the break that is :smh:

^^^ if I'm not mistaking they never said how the other 7 swordsman died, I'm pretty sure after gai's dad open that gate he took a few with him :smokin .....

This is how you send a good character off tho hated how kishi did Neji ..

I know i know, but damn it just like when i complained about Rukia, like what's the point of having her shine with a really cool ability for like 2 chaps all just for her to get dominated and someone come save the day.
theres more than enough bad guys for them to shine just a little bit.

I think these are just "teasers" of their powers(shikai/bankai), I think(hope) Kubo will expound and let them have their shine with formidable opponents...
I have come to stop taking everything for face value with Bleach and kinda started seeing the method to Kubos' madness...
Now Kill La Kill , I needs my fix....

Last edited:
Ansatsu Kyou****su
:rofl: poor *****-sensei, she just wanted "meow-meow" time :lol:

oh snap! didn't know the title of this manga had THAT word in it :lol:

Last edited:
^^^ if I'm not mistaking they never said how the other 7 swordsman died, I'm pretty sure after gai's dad open that gate he took a few with him :smokin .....

This is how you send a good character off tho hated how kishi did Neji ..

It would be cool if he did or if he at least took out Mangetsu

What if...Rock Lee opens it too? :wow: :smokin

Kishi would have no choice but to end the series if that happened.

If Gai + Rock Lee opened the Gates, even the SOT6P would get clapped.

word. naruto brought some feels this week. i expect gai to put in work. but i wouldn't be surprised if madara just

LRZwzN5.gif

and proceed to dead gai's bowl haircut *** quick. he is the SO6P. thats like...ninja gawd.

bleach.

>D

really? imagination? some quincy kid is gonna body people with imagination n ****? what is this some public television sat morning special?

and....then the dude we've been waiting for to show up for like...a year finally shows up all random n ****? no epic entrance?

Chris-Tucker.gif

this formula is getting tired. oda needs to step it up. get creative. won't see ichigo fight till winter 2014 at this rate.

OP

:smh: i hope robin brings out da hands and slaps some courage into dude after this is all over. he's resourceful, but goddamn his ***** level is over 9000 and its annoying. how u gonna ditch everyone like that, only to come back after catching feels?

dat backstory tho :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom