The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Did I just read a great chapter in Fairy Tail ???

what's so great about it?

Wendy cutting off her hair saying she won't be weak and no more crying. Unnecessary flash back by Minerva in which her father tells her that crying = weakness. Erza saying her fists are crying. Then Minerva crying in the end. :rolleyes

Favorite thing from Thriller Bark?

this episode of JoJo was pretty good. season has been great so far 
smokin.gif

I think its pretty cool/wild how oda utilized ace. He was the older stronger brother had cool powers had 2 great fights. Lone wolf character. Then he snatched him away from us. Not only now do we an objective of getting one piece but we have
I thought we got Robins history in the water 7 enies lobby arc....?

the Usopp Lufy merry situation can be summed up to this... hey both love the ship but Luffy wants to move on ... and usopp wants to keep it.

we did get a lot of the crew history, but if he read up to alabasta he should be fine honestly.. what's before enies lobbies..?? was it Thriller bark?
(I personally liked thriller bark) but he doesn't need to read thriller bark unless he wants the LOLZ
We got her flashback then, but if you skip the lead up arcs you wouldn't know if she was really untrustworthy or not on W7. Before W7 and Enies Lobby is Skypeia and the Davy Back fight. The Davy Back fight can be skipped except for the last 2 or 3 chapters. Thriller Bark was after Enies lobby. I didn't care for it that much. The Ussop Luffy fight is triggered by the ship yeah, and you get the Klaubatermann reference in Skypeia, but the fight is about Ussop's insecurities, and he feels if they get rid of the ship he's unnecessary because he felt that's all he brought to the table since Kaya gave them the ship. If you skip every arc before that you don't get to see Ussop's personality and interactions to lead up to the event. I, personally, am not a big Ussop fan. I think he has his moments, but usually get annoyed by him.

Like I said you can read the wiki summaries and in terms of main topics and major events you'd be fine since the One Piece wikia is really well maintained, but just doing that instead of completely reading the arcs leading up to it you miss out on levels of depth. You would miss Ace's first appearance, Whitebeard, Blackbeard's first appearance and him talking about how men's dreams never die, bellamy, the noland backstory that's now playing a part on dressrosa, stuff like that. Man Jinbe was mentioned all the way back in Arlong Park. There's so many little details packed in. People hate Jaya and Skypeia, which is why most people say after alabasta just skip to Water 7, but they were very creative arcs, they were also arcs built around the pure adventure of piracy, and they seem to be playing an important role in the story now. One Piece's biggest strengths other than a well crafted story are creativity and how well done the characters are. In that respect summaries don't do it justice. 

I thought skypeia was dope. Enel got one of the best DF powers, shame luffy was a natural enemy to him 
laugh.gif

I still don't know what "Davy back" is :lol: I skipped the **** outta that. It must have been so bad I thought it was filler

I still don't know what "Davy back" is
laugh.gif
I skipped the **** outta that. It must have been so bad I thought it was filler
It more or less was. It was just a comedy arc after the length of skypeia and to lighten the mood before water 7. The only important chapters were the last 2 or 3 when Aokiji makes his first appearance. 

I thought skypeia was dope. Enel got one of the best DF powers, shame luffy was a natural enemy to him 
laugh.gif
Enel was a wild character. That DF took his personality to new heights, it's a shame his basic combat skills were awful too. Had a great DF, with no other real skills. Wonder if he'll ever come back from the moon.

Last edited:
this episode of JoJo was pretty good. season has been great so far :smokin
I'm just happy that they haven't cut anything out from the manga (yet). The old OVA's had quite a few stand users cut out due to time constraints. Hopefully that doesn't happen this time around.

this episode of JoJo was pretty good. season has been great so far :smokin
I'm just happy that they haven't cut anything out from the manga (yet). The old OVA's had quite a few stand users cut out due to time constraints. Hopefully that doesn't happen this time around.
Did centerfold get hung up on the fence? Kinda hard to tell how he was shadowed..

On another note season 2 of GITS is a bit more tactical instead of investigative so far. Just finished episode 4 and things looking to pick up now

Did centerfold get hung up on the fence? Kinda hard to tell how he was shadowed..

On another note season 2 of GITS is a bit more tactical instead of investigative so far. Just finished episode 4 and things looking to pick up now
Yup. He became the Hanged Man. :lol:

what's so great about it?

Wendy cutting off her hair saying she won't be weak and no more crying. Unnecessary flash back by Minerva in which her father tells her that crying = weakness. Erza saying her fists are crying. Then Minerva crying in the end. :rolleyes

compared to Lucy saving the day and getting magical zodiac powers after just killing off her strongest and funniest zodiac key.
yes.

plus Erza fights (regardless of how they end.)are always great in my opinion.
So most chapters where she is fighting are good chapters for FT in my eyes.

TB was full of good stuff.. the LOLZ the fights weren't bad. Nightmare luffy
and my man Sanji showin off the SKILLZ

tdogg2k tdogg2k
I tried again this week to start OP over again but it just doesn't grip me...
Lol..
I only did it because it's literally the only manga my wife reads, but I just don't feel it.
No knock to anyone in here, we all have our favorites but if I'm not intrigued within the first ten chapters, I just say **** it and leave it behind. Plus with the resurgence of TMNT, I have basically put all my focus into reading the older comics through graphic novels and the only anime/manga I am really feeling right now is Attack on Titan because the characters and plot-kai are so trill to me and I connect with the characters on a human level. Even though Bleach is all over the place(lol), the main reason I connected to it was the Humanity part of Ichigo because I can relate to his struggles of friendship and protection. Just like I connected with Mugen in Champloo.
Can't really explain it but if a protagonist doesn't speak to me on a real life level, I just can't get into it. I know that sounds hella weird but that's just my make up as a person and reader..
Lol...

Oh i'm starting to like this season of fairy tail.  There's actually blood showing!  It's still minor but wooo uncensored! 

Finished up Log Horizon, was great but last 2 or 3 episodes were buns.

Starting Black Bullet. Joint is :pimp: so far.

Finished up Log Horizon, was great but last 2 or 3 episodes were buns.

Starting Black Bullet. Joint is :pimp: so far.

yeah. There isn't a ton of conflict/drama in the show, but its still one of my favorite new shows. Pumped about season 2 in october

Yo, this week's episode of One Piece was too legit. :lol: :pimp:
The fight is finally over for C block. That means Sabo is about to make his debut soon. :pimp:

Yo, this week's episode of One Piece was too legit.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The fight is finally over for C block. That means Sabo is about to make his debut soon.
pimp.gif
That was 11 chapters later. That's a lot of anime episodes.  I thought the episode tonight was good. Only thing I thought they'd do in the anime was add more to Garp vs Chinjao, but they stuck closely to the manga which is nice and they finished the block. 

Yo, this week's episode of One Piece was too legit.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The fight is finally over for C block. That means Sabo is about to make his debut soon.
pimp.gif
naw i thought it was boring lol, they've carried on this fight way too long

Back
Top Bottom