The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Josuke is the best Jojo hands down

Actually, Part IV is the best damn arc in the entire manga.

That's why I said so far. :lol:
Personally, I think Jolene is right up there with the rest, being the only female Jojo protagonist in the series. Plus her part had an opponent so powerful that he destroyed and remade the universe. :lol:

anyone notice the bape store :lol:

@2sappy  your post about part 6 got me interested in the manga. I should've read from the beginning, but, it'll be forever before this gets animated... if ever. 2 chapters in on stone ocean 
smokin.gif

JoJo just got railroaded 
mean.gif

lol I read Part I first, then skipped Part II, read half of Part III but then skipped to Part IV, read all of Part IV and some of Part V, thought Part V was whaaaaack so I went back to Part II, then finished Part III and forced myself to finish Part V, then Part VI.

Currently up-to-date on and enjoying Part VIII and I haven't even finished Part VII yet
laugh.gif

@2sappy
 your post about part 6 got me interested in the manga. I should've read from the beginning, but, it'll be forever before this gets animated... if ever. 2 chapters in on stone ocean :smokin
JoJo just got railroaded :smh:
Just wait till later man. It gets real.

lol I read Part I first, then skipped Part II, read half of Part III but then skipped to Part IV, read all of Part IV and some of Part V, thought Part V was whaaaaack so I went back to Part II, then finished Part III and forced myself to finish Part V, then Part VI.

Currently up-to-date on and enjoying Part VIII and I haven't even finished Part VII yet :lol:
I haven't finished Steel Ball Run (part VII) either. :lol:
I've read 1-4, most of 5, all of 6, a bit of 7, and most of 8.

I tried letting Terror in Resonance gather a few episodes before i hopped in but finally broke down and started watching.

Even with my high expectations first two episodes have already completely surpassed them. The Shinichirō Watanabe / Yoko Kano combo is GOAT.

Last edited:
I tried letting Terror in Resonance gather a few episodes before i hopped in but finally broke down and started watching.

Even with my high expectations first two episodes have already completely surpassed them. The Shinichirō Watanabe / Yoko Kano combo is GOAT.

Show is so damn :pimp:

Had no idea Shinichirō was doing Space[emoji]11088[/emoji]Dandy and Terror in Resonance at the same time :wow:

Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to go back and watch Japanese anime shows you watched young?

Tried to go back and watch Kai and these talking scenes during the middle of fights kill me so much I quit at Recoome on Namek.

I feel like I must have completely ignored all of this through my childhood for it to bother me this much when I loved it as a kid. 

Fate of the world and all your homies on the line and you pause for 15 minutes to chop it up with the enemy.. Cmon son. 

Last edited:
If you start at the top and go down, what animes are 12, 17, 18, and 19 from?

Last edited:
If you start at the top and go down, what animes are 12, 17, 18, and 19 from?
12 is Gintama, 17 is Sword of The Stranger, 18 is Ninja Scroll, and I cant remember for the life of me what 19 is, but I do know that i saw the whole series. Will update with answer. :lol:

Edit:
I Finally remembered. 19 is from K Project (K for short). That one took a while to remember. :lol:

Last edited:

If you're going to regularly drop a bunch of gifs, can you please spoiler that **** up out of consideration for mobile users?

Any recommendation out of those?
Gintama is hilarious. I'd recommend you watch it. I read it and I'm still catching up on purpose so I'll always have a new chapter of it to read.

Sword of the stranger's story wasn't too interesting to me but the fight scenes were cool as you can see from the gif
laugh.gif
and it's just a movie not an entire series so you may as well watch that too.

Ninja Scroll from what I remember wasn't bad. It's been more than a couple years since I saw it tho so take that opinion with a grain of salt.

Can't speak on K project. Never seen it.

Gintama is hilarious. I'd recommend you watch it. I read it and I'm still catching up on purpose so I'll always have a new chapter of it to read.

Sword of the stranger's story wasn't too interesting to me but the fight scenes were cool as you can see from the gif :lol: and it's just a movie not an entire series so you may as well watch that too.

Ninja Scroll from what I remember wasn't bad. It's been more than a couple years since I saw it tho so take that opinion with a grain of salt.

Can't speak on K project. Never seen it.
I 2nd on Gintama. good series.

Sword of The Stranger was a good movie. Good fight scenes, decent story.

Ninja Scroll is a "great" movie. :nerd: Dat kunoichi scene though...

Personally, I thought K Project was good. It had an interesting story along with interesting characters. The majority of the fight scenes in there were pretty well done. Check it out if you want something new to watch.

I liked K project. Found it interesting, but I think I felt a lot was missing from the story, but it's been like 3 years since I watched it. Think a movie is coming soon.

I liked K project. Found it interesting, but I think I felt a lot was missing from the story, but it's been like 3 years since I watched it. Think a movie is coming soon.
It was definitely missing some story here and there. I hope the movie isn't a retelling of the series. :lol:

Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to go back and watch Japanese anime shows you watched young?

Tried to go back and watch Kai and these talking scenes during the middle of fights kill me so much I quit at Recoome on Namek.

I feel like I must have completely ignored all of this through my childhood for it to bother me this much when I loved it as a kid. 

Fate of the world and all your homies on the line and you pause for 15 minutes to chop it up with the enemy.. Cmon son. 

For what it's worth, dbz isn't a great anime but is extremely iconic because we didn't know better as children. The animes that don't stand the test of time for me are generally the romance heavy shonens like inuyasha and sailor moon. Mostly because of pacing and filler. If I have to watch an anime now I'd rather it be a -25 episode series. I think that's why the more empty animes like ttgl and kill la kill can flourish next to a more involved anime like bakemonogatari

I thought so, I was was thinking maybe I just forgot details. I wish they had shown more of the red king and their story. I might go read it to satisfy my curiosity.

Also ready for the one piece special on the 30th.

Last edited:
sword of a stranger was pretty good, just finished watching it. that final fight 
pimp.gif

blonde hair dude was cold though

Dragon ball Kai is AWFUL they changed the music the blood all that :smh: it's trash.

I tried to get into gintama but I can't do that corny stuff 24/7.

And word I'm VERY hype to see that special on one piece

SAO 2
This episode makes me wish they covered Laughing Coffin more in part 1 

Back
Top Bottom