The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Movie might just be flashbacks of him getting washed
nerd.gif

90 minutes of Hokage Naruto telling the story of his greatest wax session
I think they recently released a glimpse of his new design for the movie. It was just a headshot so you can't see much, but he's got a necklace or 2 and a turban-esque thing going on. Maybe he got a head injury in the fight he covers up.

As much as I want to see Sasuke bodied, I'm sure that he's gonna come out of this alive. I mean if he dies, then what's the plot in The Last Naruto Movie gonna be? I mean, It's supposed to be canon (I think) and He's already been listed as a returning character in it (from what I've read), although I don't know in what form. :lol:

Movie might just be flashbacks of him getting washed :nerd:

90 minutes of Hokage Naruto telling the story of his greatest wax session

:lol:

leb13 leb13 Yup, a bunch of new designs for the movie

Last edited:
Naruto finna wax Sasuke and flourish in both Hinata and Sakuras yambs

Time is up for that boy. The manga is named NARUTO for a reason
laugh.gif

Sasuke fanboys knew this day would come. Naruto about to lay the paws of gawd on ya boy

Sasuke going to play eye tricks for a bit, but Naruto has more sheer strength than him. And can outlast him in a fight.

Sorry WaitWut.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yes can not wait.

Sage_Naruto_by_Giilshark.jpg

Wish dude would have worn this 24/7 it just looks so cool.

[COLOR=#red]Terror in Resonance[/COLOR] is over... :frown:
So many conflicting feelings for me from this last episode. I really thought one of them was gonna survive. :smh:
At least the EMP was cool. :lol:

Folks saying that OP is better than HxH :smh: :smh: :smh:

OP has amazing worldbuilding but suffers from the most generic shonen protagonist in history, the goofiest character designs, and the most god awful pacing of any manga

Folks saying that Naruto will just casually wash Sasuke like he's Iruka :smh: :smh: :smh:

The goofiest character designs is what makes one piece unique

How is luffy more generic than gon :stoneface: gon doesn't even have a personality

Last edited:
[quote name="MrWavez" url="/t/301437/the-official-anime-manga-thread-vol/15480#post_21668812]

How is luffy more generic than gon :stoneface: gon doesn't even have a personality[/quote]

Gon is literally the antithesis of every Shonen hero. Nothing about him is consistent with any established Shonen tropes.

The minute it was revealed that Gon was experienced with women because older women used to mack on him was when I realized that Togashi ain't ******* around with his deconstructionist writing style.

Another thing OP suffers from: THERE IS NO TENSION! I'm barely invested in this arc because I know exactly how it will end, just like every other one: villain is punched out by Luffy, not a single good character killed or seriously injured, all characters have a party and sail off.

Marineford was the best arc that Oda's ever written because he decided that maybe there should be some tension and a sense of danger for once.

Togashi gives no ***** about what characters you like and whether or not they're good, bad, or neutral. If they can't beat the enemy, theyre getting tossed to the wayside, ain't no inspirational speeches or last minute saves by the hero.

Gatoh son :smh:

The goofiest character designs is what makes one piece unique

How is luffy more generic than gon :stoneface: gon doesn't even have a personality
Both are great, Gon don't got a personality?? I mean tbh we still haven't seen what he's after yet either!!! He'll figure it whenever his nen comes back (might have a new hatsu also rumors saying)
Gon is that N mannnnn, OP gets a lil predictable but not as much as the other shonen series....Breh when hisoka murk'd gotoh I was :frown:

[quote name="MrWavez" url="/t/301437/the-official-anime-manga-thread-vol/15480#post_21668812]

Gon is literally the antithesis of every Shonen hero. Nothing about him is consistent with any established Shonen tropes.[/quote]

Really son?

Established Shonen Tropes that Gon falls into:
1. Disappeared parent(s)
2. Spiky hair
3. Innocent/childlike at times (The fact he happens to be experienced with women doesn't change this, just like the fact Luffy saw his older brother die in front of him doesn't change this)
4. Cheerful
5. Enjoys fighting
6. Damn near fearless
7. Child Hero
8. Keeps his promises
9. Able to attract others to him/persuade others
10. Very skilled, buy very naive
11. Avoids killing people
12. Never gives up

And we could honestly go on. Listing various tropes associated with Shonen Heroes could take up it's own thread. Luffy has a lot of them. Naruto has a lot of them. Goku has a lot of them. That's because they're all in Shonen Series. There are aspects of Gon that many other shonen heroes don't share, but the same also goes for each of the people I just mentioned, which is because despite whatever similarities they may have they're all different and will obviously not be exactly the same.

Honestly, i'd pick Edward Elric for one of the most original, though he again shares traits with every other shonen character mentioned.

Last edited:
Bruh I just seen the end credits of HxH and gotoh was alive :rofl:

Bruh y'all give HxH way too much credit. It's good and interesting but that's cuz of the action and blood and stuff not really the the plot IMO. The livest arc was the phantom troupe and that was cuz of the fighting.

Yall really acting like one person is goign to kill the other when it's clear in the last chapter, no one is goign to die. This is what's probably goign to happen, they're oign to fight they're way in to complete exhaution.
Sauske goign to lose the rinnegan, naruto going to lose the tailed beast.
Sasuske going to end the Infinite Tsy,
half the nations going to side with him, half the nations going to side with naruto.

Story will basically end with those two having separate countries to rule.
the Movie will be about another war possibly with them older, kakashi is Hokage for the time being.

Think about it, half the kages never wanted to be and still don't want to be aligned, so when we here Sasuke's reasoning everone is going to be like well that's reasonable.

Sakura still going to be a groupie, give Sasuke some more ego tistic uchicha babies.

Naruto going to get them Hinata yambs, mix that Uzumaki blood with that Hyuuga blood make an hybrid Sharigan,hyuuga,uzmaki baby.

/end story

Really son?

1. Disappeared parent(s)
2. Spiky hair
3. Innocent/childlike at times (The fact he happens to be experienced with women doesn't change this, just like the fact Luffy saw his older brother die in front of him doesn't change this)
4. Cheerful
5. Enjoys fighting
6. Damn near fearless
7. Child Hero
8. Keeps his promises
12. Never gives up

And we could honestly go on. Listing various tropes associated with Shonen Heroes could take up it's own thread. Luffy has a lot of them. Naruto has a lot of them. Goku has a lot of them. That's because they're all in Shonen Series. There are aspects of Gon that many other shonen heroes don't share, but the same also goes for each of the people I just mentioned, which is because despite whatever similarities they may have they're all different and will obviously not be exactly the same.

Honestly, i'd pick Edward Elric for one of the most original, though he again shares traits with every other shonen character mentioned.
I'm going to ignore the physical characteristics you posted as they're irrelevant

Gon being good with woman was very much explicitly stated by Killua to be exceptional; he then goes on to note that Gon is unusually developed and mature for his age. To just dismiss that doesn't make much sense.

Like I said, Togashi deconstructs shounen so that these surface aspects of Gon's personality become twisted and distorted during crucial moments.

I'm not sure where you got that Gon is reluctant to kill, the Chimera Ant arc cemented this particular part of his development wherein he becomes practically murderous... Togashi goes out of his way to demonstrate his killer intent.

I think Togashi deliberately designed Gon as "cutsey" just to serve his deconstructionist needs.

Gon is atypical, bruh.

Even the YYH manga near the end became less of a Shonen and more of a mature Seinen. Togashi does that.

HxH>>>>>>OP, bruh.

Can't believe I wrote all that
Bruh I just seen the end credits of HxH and gotoh was alive
roll.gif

Gotoh is dead my dude. It's an impersonation
sick.gif

Besides, going off of anime canon is never a good idea
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Bruh I just seen the end credits of HxH and gotoh was alive :rofl:

Bruh y'all give HxH way too much credit. It's good and interesting but that's cuz of the action and blood and stuff not really the the plot IMO. The livest arc was the phantom troupe and that was cuz of the fighting.
My N, gotoh gone breh, the transforming animal just used his likeness when the butlers visited his grave.....you must not know about the 5 great calamities

Really son?

1. Disappeared parent(s)

2. Spiky hair

4. Cheerful

5. Enjoys fighting

6. Damn near fearless

7. Child Hero

8. Keeps his promises

12. Never gives up

I'm going to ignore the physical characteristics you posted as they're irrelevant

Gon being good with woman was very much explicitly stated by Killua to be exceptional; he then goes on to note that Gon is unusually developed and mature for his age. To just dismiss that doesn't make much sense.

Like I said, Togashi deconstructs shounen so that these surface aspects of Gon's personality become twisted and distorted during crucial moments.

I'm not sure where you got that Gon is reluctant to kill, the Chimera Ant arc cemented this particular part of his development wherein he becomes practically murderous... Togashi goes out of his way to demonstrate his killer intent.

I think Togashi deliberately designed Gon as "cutsey" just to serve his deconstructionist needs.

Gon is atypical, bruh.

Even the YYH manga near the end became less of a Shonen and more of a mature Seinen. Togashi does that.

HxH>>>>>>OP, bruh.

Can't believe I wrote all that

They really aren't, as numerous characters share similar appearances, just like they share similar personalities, so it's a justified and noticeable trend/trope. But ok.

You need to read more clearly. I wasn't dismissing Gon being good with women. It's something that's unique about him among Shonen Heroes (And I specifically pointed this out.) I said that it doesn't remove the fact that just like say Naruto or Luffy, he still has moments where he comes off as fairly innocent and naive, despite the amount of...adult/serioes crap he's seen.

During crucial moments huh? Then everyone and their grandma must do the same thing, because I can't think of a single shonen hero who won't undergo a change in personality during a serious moment or when the chips are down, as it's then time to stop playing around and being goofy. So that in itself isn't unique.

I said he avoids killing people, not that he won't kill at all. This is again the same with numerous other shonen heroes. They fight, and fight, and fight, but don't tend to go for the kill straight away. In fact, Gon loves to fight i'd say, which isn't any different than Goku or Luffy, and again numerous other shonen heroes.

He's taken a unique path as the series has gone on, that's different from other characters, which itself isn't unique, because every single one of the characters i've mentioned so far has taken a different path. They all share similarities, but they're all still different, and Gon's no different in this case.

You're acting as if I said he wasn't unique in any way, when I said the exact opposite. I just also took the time to point out numerous ways that he's similar to other heroes.

One Piece>>>>>>>>>>Hunter X Hunter dude, plain and simple. The story's not nearly as good as some of y'all seem to think it is.

hashi killed madara fam and they had the a strong relationship hashi was gonna kill himself for madara

naruto might kill sasuke

:nerd:
Sasuke and naruto kill each other. Madara becomes the only hope to end infinite tsukiomi after Sakura heals him.

Im actually hoping saskue wins he's right about destroying all the tailed beasts atleast
Probably. Their presence does more harm than good, as long as they exist someone's going to try and weaponize them.

W waitwut

But Madara is going to live :nerd:

i meant back in the day from that flash back when hashi stabbed madara from the back (pause)

Last edited:
considering sasuke is all mind and eye tricks and naruto is 100% ninjutsu and taijutsu?

he's gonna put hands on that boy.

there will be blood.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom