The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

For the ones saying Naruto vs. pain, are yall talking the animated version
or the manga version
because i feel like the manga version was a bit lack luster compared to other fights
Anime. My imagination can't compare to the fights drawn out usually.

or the manga version
because i feel like the manga version was a bit lack luster compared to other fights

yeah, the manga fight was pretty boring. Naruto comes with frogs, does a few rasengans, before getting smacked up by God Pain, then he goes berserk. it wasn't an interesting fight at all really

yeah, the manga fight was pretty boring. Naruto comes with frogs, does a few rasengans, before getting smacked up by God Pain, then he goes berserk. it wasn't an interesting fight at all really

I might have to go watch the fight in the anime then because I keep seeing it on people's lists and can't help but recall not being impressed when I read through it.

Last edited:
Y'all don't **** with OG naruto vs sasuke fight?
I forgot it. Weird considering I just watched it the other day when it came up in this thread.

I wonder why people loved the animation from that but hated the future Shippuuden animation.

or the manga version

Both, as my opinion of one is always the same opinion I form of the other when I watch it. Only thing the anime really adds is epic music.

Last edited:

or the manga version
Both, as my opinion of one is always the same opinion I form of the other when I watch it. Only thing the anime really adds is epic music.
Man Naruto vs. Pain was my first spring out of college when I rolled up to campus with my team to win back an old flame from this frat douche.

She saw this was my phone wallpaper (to keep me focused on the task at hand) and didn't even judge me

Naruto-sage-mode-images-and-fan-arts-1.jpg

That fight will always have a special place in my heart
smokin.gif

EDIT

So hard to believe that was 5 1/2 years ago now. Wow.

Last edited:
I just loved how the animation was much more fluid for fights back in part 1

Like thats awesome. Plus while they were strong, they weren't like ridiculously strong as now

Didn't mention any of his fights, because he deserves a post to himself:

Man may very well be the GOAT character in Naruto once all's said and done. His fight's when you read or watch them, are so short, but so damn good. Him giving Madara the hands will go down in history as one of the greatest moments in all anime and manga. :pimp: Son was breaking the speed barrier to the point Madara couldn't even react, was distorting space itself with his final attack, and was acknowledged to be the greatest Taijutsu user Madara ever fought, beyond even Hashirama. After his final fight, I didn't even care about what anyone else was doing, I just wanted to see more of Gai.

Last edited:
Nanatsu no Taizai seems like it'll be a decent anime, which will hopefully light the fire under me to pick the manga back up because I always seem to start and stop for some reason.

Fall is here young gods :pimp:

I might have to go watch the fight in the anime then because I keep seeing it on people's lists and can't help but recall not being impressed when I read through it.

thats pretty much why i asked, cuz im recalling fights and im thinkin to myself, that was pretty weak, maybe i'll find a youtube or something and watch it.
i stopped watching the anime after Asuma died

thats pretty much why i asked, cuz im recalling fights and im thinkin to myself, that was pretty weak, maybe i'll find a youtube or something and watch it.
i stopped watching the anime after Asuma died

I felt the exact same way. It was just like "Okay, well that's over now. What's next?"

YouTubing it is a great idea, because I definitely don't feel like figuring out what episodes it spanned.

I don't think I've seen more than 20 episodes of Shippudden :lol: I was pretty much strictly reading manga at that point.

Last edited:
Anyone else watching the new season of Yowamushi pedal? I just finished season 1 and the 1st episode of season 2 came out the other day. Idk if I really like sports anime or sports animes are just well done, but Idc about cycling as a sport at all and I still rock with Yowapedal.

Its also got a pretty good antagonist with midosuji 

• naruto's 1st fight where he does his shadow clones, then his teacher is like my man.
  • jiraiya vs pain
  • killer bee vs sasuke
  • the 3rd hokage's son vs the immortal religious akatski guy
  • ichiraku vs naruto

Last edited:
Anyone else watching the new season of Yowamushi pedal? I just finished season 1 and the 1st episode of season 2 came out the other day. Idk if I really like sports anime or sports animes are just well done, but Idc about cycling as a sport at all and I still rock with Yowapedal.

Its also got a pretty good antagonist with midosuji 

been watching it since day one, i ride my bike a lot so i guess that's why i'm interested in this. a LOT of things about certain circumstances really make me laugh out loud tho :lol:
just read that Naruto is in it's final 5 :frown:

Sasuke vs Orochimaru (chuunin exam)
Gaara vs Lee
3rd Hokage vs Orochimaru
Sasuke vs Naruto (end of first arc)
Gaara vs Deidara
Jiraiya vs Pain

Off the top those were sick in animation. A lot of the big battles in shippuden were a let down.

Naruto

:smh: Kishi has 5 chapters left and he starts out with flashbacks from the jump, most of them not even completely new material. He's literally wasting time rehashing over old ground now. A chapter with nothing but fighting, and no speaking at all would've been much better, since he doesn't have a lot of time to make this fight good, and to still give the series some type of conclusion (Because really he can't spend all five chapters with them fighting and talking)

Back
Top Bottom