The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Didn't know if posted but Attack on Titan season 2 suppose to be coming in 2016
roll.gif
Good luck to ya'll anime watchers

Psycho Pass this week... :pimp: That ending... :pimp:

Hot damn, Terra Formars was good this week too. :pimp:

Last edited:
Kid obito is prolly one of my favorite characters, the Kakashi/obito flashback is one of my favorite parts of naruto

As a whole? or Individually you have them with the admirals?
The only one individual should be Mihawk and maybe the unrevealed 7th one. Also about them getting stronger over 2 years I don't think it happened. They're all seasoned veteran pirates who benefit from gov't status meaning half the threat to them is gone, plus the point of their reputation is to drive away other pirates so they're not battling that much.
Plus Mihawks was training Zoro for  2 year, the power gap between them is such that doing so probably would not make him stronger.
Kuma lost his conscious, the only way he gets stronger is through Vegapunk installed upgrades and I feel losing his conscious was detrimental to his overall power.

Doffy, we're seeing everything he has currently and he's been chilling on an island for the past 10 year besides minor skirmishes. Look at his crew most of them are no longer in top shape due to the lax life they lead. The most intense combat they do is coliseum fights and anything doffy does on his own.
Hancock may have improved due to the fact she regularly goes on expeditions for supplies with her crew, but she wasn't throwing down regularly.
Buggy dude is mad lazy, he could have improved tho just because his fruit has plenty of potential and there is room for improvement, but most likely he got a slight bump cause he may have run into some fights while he was treasure hunting.
Law  obviously got stronger over 2 years, the difference with him though is he's the youngest pirate out of them, with the most motivation and room for improvement. Being in the new world for him it was get stronger or die. Plus Warlord for him was just a pit stop. 

IF you include the old ones who lost their spot then you have Crocodile who was strong, but his mindset was holding him back. He could have improved as his mental scars seem to be gone and he's returned to the New World. Moriah is a bum, but it looks like he's returned to the New World, although I honestly don't think he improved much. Jinbe seems to be around his pretimeskip level still, but that was high as it was since he's the strongest fishman in the series. 

Tl:dr- The only warlord who probably improved significantly over the timeskip was Law and Kuma may have gotten upgrades from Vegapunk, everyone else is probably around the same level as before. 

Mihawk had to have been getting stronger as well while training zoro, i mean we know mihawk was that boss, but even then zorro was no slump.
I compare it to goku training gohan in the hyperbolic time chamber. gohan got the capability to turn ssj2, but goku secretly did as well while training him.

I feel like doffy in the war was no where near as good or showing off what he is doing now. I wouldn't say he is the same by any means either. After that war he knew he was going to be fighting more often. .

blackbeard is probably way more powerful now. .
hancock i'd assume shes getting stronger for your boy luffy.

i cant see anyone being any less to what the admirals are now...in the shicki

Mihawk had to have been getting stronger as well while training zoro, i mean we know mihawk was that boss, but even then zorro was no slump.
I compare it to goku training gohan in the hyperbolic time chamber. gohan got the capability to turn ssj2, but goku secretly did as well while training him.

I feel like doffy in the war was no where near as good or showing off what he is doing now. I wouldn't say he is the same by any means either. After that war he knew he was going to be fighting more often. .

blackbeard is probably way more powerful now. .
hancock i'd assume shes getting stronger for your boy luffy.

i cant see anyone being any less to what the admirals are now...in the shicki
The only Shichibukai who should be admiral level is Mihawk and Blackbeard, although blackbeard isn't one anymore. No other one is holding up.

This is a different series though. In DBZ Goku always had near limitless room to grow. Mihawk is at the top of his class, and has easily fought people stronger than Zoro. That's not to say by the end of the 2 years Zoro wasn't giving Mihawk some difficulty, but there's nothing to indicate that their power gaps were small enough to cause Mihawk to get any real power boost. I could be wrong tho and next time we see him he is stronger. Either way prior to the time skip he was admiral level anyway.

Doffy's sample size in the war is too small to base anything off of. He didn't even take it seriously once. His war feats were only cutting off Little Oars Jr.'s leg, using parasite on Atmos, one of the whitebeard commanders, and stopping Jozu's movements, another whitebeard commander. Those were good enough feats to power scale him to a high level Shichibukai, but nothing at admiral level, and it's all probably in line with what he's capable on now. Law even mentioned on Punk Hazard that Doffy has been relatively inactive during the past 2 years. Doffy definitely didn't want to fight Kuzan, but I won't hold that against him due to him needing to quickly return to Dressrosa, but he doesn't really want it with Fujitora either. Remember, we've seen that the admirals are capable of permanently changing an island's climate of they go all out and can fight for 10 days straight if necessary. Doffy isn't there or he wouldn't be so worried about Kaidou.

Blackbeard I didn't include previously, just because it was obvious he got stronger. He had 2 devil fruits to master over the timeskip and was constantly fighting as a yonkou. His situation was a different plus he was like a shichibukai for like a month.

I said Hancock may have improved and you're right she would have been motivated to improve, if she thought she needed to, so I can't say for sure on her. I've always thought highly of Hancock, but I don't think she's admiral level. Although her sample size for rating is small as well.

The shichibukai are strong, but for the most part they're not messing with admirals in an all out fight. I find it more interesting that there are admiral level people in One Piece who aren't marines or pirates, like Fujitora for example. He was a regular guy, who got drafted after the war and instated as an admiral. Anyway the problem with power ranking in One Piece is that there isn't a really effective power ranking system, probably because there are more variables in the fights with all the different powers and mindset is such a key issue in One Piece. It's the reason guys like Enel get overhyped so much.

Also, the levels vary widely, like it's hard to classify what Vice Admiral level is because their strength always fluctuates so much and they end up just being used as hype tools. There's too much power disparity to make Vice admiral a real ranking level, then the level between vice admiral and admiral is huge. The war isn't a full indication of what admirals can do either, it was more of just a taste of their abilities, mainly because they had to hold back as to not kill the weaker marines and to not destroy marineford. Whitebeard couldn't go all out either until Ace was free and by that time he was already heavily injured and still almost sunk marineford in his bloodlusted state, when he got the sneak attack in on Akainu. The aftermath of an admiral going all out is punk hazard and it's probably the full capabilities of an admiral we'll see for a while. I mean we've seen Fujitora casually pulling meteors out of space while eating ramen and making a battleship float and he casually leveled a town with his gravity. Sabo even admitted he was having a hard time making Fuji get serious, although Sabo had to deal with using a new devil fruit he's still really strong. 

For the most part everything doffy has shown in Dressrosa he's shown before in War of Best and in flash backs. The most powerful thing he's shown in Bird Cage and he used that in flashbacks already.

For the most part everything doffy has shown in Dressrosa he's shown before in War of Best and in flash backs. The most powerful thing he's shown in Bird Cage and he used that in flashbacks already.
Yeah that's true. The most impressive thing right now is being able to handle the clone, birdcage, and parasite, all at the same time while fighting Law. 

He recovered after it nicely, but he was still coughing up blood during the hit. It would have been sad if a red hawk was all it took to put him down.

Finally started Magi, and let me say it's one of the freshest anime i've watched in a while. Good story, animation, music, and characters that draw you in.

is there a more terrible feeling than marathoning a 12 episode anime only to find out that it aired in 2012 and there won't be a second season and it ends with no real conclusion

Just marathoned Akame Ga Kill (the manga) and I have to say this **** is comparable to AoT in quality despite the sometimes terrible character designs

But the anime. Wtf. They caught up to the manga within 20 episodes and now they're diverfing heavily

Just marathoned Akame Ga Kill (the manga) and I have to say this **** is comparable to AoT in quality despite the sometimes terrible character designs

But the anime. Wtf. They caught up to the manga within 20 episodes and now they're diverfing heavily

ehh, AoT started out great but the manga has lost most of what made it interesting at first. Now its just a political story, and not very good at all.

And Akame is just rushing through the story now and it doesn't quite feel right. Usually Im not a fan of filler, but Akame ga kill is the type of story that would benefit from those extra filler episodes to develop the characters even more

Last edited:
AOT slander will not be tolerated..
tumblr_mipn0unOIt1s4r51mo1_500.gif

[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]
I hated it at first but where the story is going now and today's social climate( corruption, mutinies, revolts), only thing that really keeps me into mangas, because this Bleach **** is looking very bleek and all over the place.
Definately will use this holiday weekend to check out some of the animes you guys list/talk about, have me feeling all types of awkward coming into this thread.
larry-david-o.gif

[emoji]128516[/emoji]

is there a more terrible feeling than marathoning a 12 episode anime only to find out that it aired in 2012 and there won't be a second season and it ends with no real conclusion
Happened to me with Deadman Wonderland and Zetman, so I picked up the mangas.

I remember someone saying that these short animes are made specifically to increase manga sales.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom