The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I don't watch the Akame anime, it has FMA or Ruroni Kenshin syndrome where it's caught up the manga already and wildly diverging.

I watched episode 20 and was like WTF is going on?

If ya'll want to enjoy Akame, read the manga. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Can't do it, I enjoyed the episode just was a real twist and was kinda weak at the ending, but if I read that manga I know I won't care about the anime at all.,same with attack on Titan, it will ruin the experience of watching it...only animes I could ever read the manga to and STILL watch the anime was naruto and (now) one piece. Everything else it kills the interest level when you know what's going to happen.

Luckily hunter x hunter manga was drawn so terribly that I really didn't even understand it when I read it :lol:

And even to some degree I wish I could watch one piece episodes without knowing what's going to happen, though sometimes I genuinely forget.

Last edited:
Can't do it, I enjoyed the episode just was a real twist and was kinda weak at the ending, but if I read that manga I know I won't care about the anime at all.,same with attack on Titan, it will ruin the experience of watching it...only animes I could ever read the manga to and STILL watch the anime was naruto and (now) one piece. Everything else it kills the interest level when you know what's going to happen.

Bruh this anime ain't even canon right now. An entirely different set of events are occurring in the manga
laugh.gif

Luckily hunter x hunter manga was drawn so terribly that I really didn't even understand it when I read it :lol:

And even to some degree I wish I could watch one piece episodes without knowing what's going to happen, though sometimes I genuinely forget.
lol yeah. hunter hunter is so bad art wise its like the author should've just had an experienced artist do it instead and he just writes

but akame just left a weird feeling with me. like I don't like the rushed nature of it. if people die they die but don't forve a death every ep

Just finished Blood + and started Accel World. Seems promising
Uverworld -Revolve is Blood + OP song i think greatest anime song! how is the anime though???

Just marathoned Akame Ga Kill (the manga) and I have to say this **** is comparable to AoT in quality despite the sometimes terrible character designs

But the anime. Wtf. They caught up to the manga within 20 episodes and now they're diverfing heavily

BRUH'S I TOLD Y'ALL like a month ago I posted akame ga kill is better than AOT.

I had to to throw my flame suit on ...

but now yall see the light

I told yall just believe me.

MUGEN HOP ON THE ONE PIECE WAGON!

lol yeah. hunter hunter is so bad art wise its like the author should've just had an experienced artist do it instead and he just writes

Bruh.

Yoshihiro Togashi IS an experienced artist.
sick.gif

The reason HxH got bad during the Chimera Arc was due to his illness/laziness.

Either way I will not allow Togashi slander in this thread.

Last edited:
to me AOT is great don't get me wrong. but after the initial shock of titans just eating who they want and everyone dying and blah blah. It just got a bit stale.

His mom getting eaten in like the first ep was/is the main thing that jumps out to me other than that I've kinda forgotten the rest.

to me AOT is great don't get me wrong. but after the initial shock of titans just eating who they want and everyone dying and blah blah. It just got a bit stale.

His mom getting eaten in like the first ep was/is the main thing that jumps out to me other than that I've kinda forgotten the rest.
the series lost something when every other character was secretly a Titan in disguise. when it was just eren, it was interesting. now he gets owned by every other Titan person hybrid. I just think the author didn't plan the long game out after the initial 2 invasions( battle of trost) and finding Annie.

annie and ymir were the only 2 new titan hybrids tho

the other two guys were the titans from the beginning

now if the captain or the soldier are too then 
laugh.gif

Bruh y'all never heard of a spoiler :smh:

I was just sitting there reading that like.." What ? Only one person was secretly a Titan"

:smh: :smh: :smh:

And there are definitely more "secret" Titans than that
laugh.gif

Ya'll need to read the manga. Get fly or get flown over with these spoilers
laugh.gif

Manga>>>>Anime

Last edited:
7 or 8 months agoI think I was telling people to read AGK, I like AGK, and it has a lot of appeal, but it's not amazing or anything, mainly because it never grew. AGK suffers from a lack of character development in my opinion and overall just has a really rushed feel even in the manga. I know killing characters is the in thing now and it keeps tension high, and the series is centered around killing, but honestly it doesn't do death that well going more for flashy deaths with shock factor, not developing characters enough before killing them, overusing death in a way that it feels repetitive rather than impactful. I don't mind if a series has a lot of death, or if it kills off minor or side characters in bulk, but make the major deaths impactful not as a gimmick or for shock value. It's overexposure at this point for me at least. The romance subplot is not interesting or that well done either. The antagonist for the most part are too irredeemable, so there's no moral ambiguity to whether or not the protagonist made the right, choice. The series talks about political corruption, but shows no real in world politics, just quick scenes of the minister. It could benefit from delving into that more. Overall AGK is enjoyable if you just want action and don't want to dive too deep into all the aspects of the series and honestly it has a lot of potential it could tap into still. Also it handles the fights really well and puts in strategy that is missing for a lot of series, which I appreciate. 

Comparing it to AOT, AOT is more impactful. It could be due to AOT hitting the scene harder with its anime or the more "realistic" art style. I'm not a huge AOT fan, I do like it tho. I fell off of it a bit, so I probably need to go back and reread some chapters closer, but I think after you get past the initial "shock value" both series offer AOT is the better executed, more dynamic, and definitely more memorable series out of the two. 

Last edited:
Uverworld -Revolve is Blood + OP song i think greatest anime song! how is the anime though???
I think it was well done , although sometimes you might be wondering wth is going on . The last episodes leading up to the last battle felt like filler , and the last battle could've had more action

I really need to check this Akame joint out.
My homie and I were discussing anime/mangas and he put me on to this Terra Formars.
**** is gory but comical.[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]
Kinda hooked but it's some undertones to this ish I don't like[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]
Big Bro Tdogg, One Piece is never going to happen for me[emoji]128516[/emoji]
If my own lady can't get me to read it, then nobody in this universe can.
I tried, I really did but it's just not for me.

Last edited:
I really need to check this Akame joint out.
My homie and I were discussing anime/mangas and he put me on to this Terra Formars.
**** is gory but comical.[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]
Kinda hooked but it's some undertones to this ish I don't like[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]
Big Bro Tdogg, One Piece is never going to happen for me[emoji]128516[/emoji]
If my own lady can't get me to read it, then nobody in this universe can.
I tried, I really did but it's just not for me.
How far did you get in OP? It has political plot lines. Although if I'm remembering correctly I think you said something about not liking the jumping around of character situations OP does?

You might like Vagabond if you're looking for something more mature, but with action, although the maturity comes from the philosophical nature. Pluto is also good, its a mature astro boy spin off. It's pretty short, but very interesting. 

How far did you get in OP? It has political plot lines. Although if I'm remembering correctly I think you said something about not liking the jumping around of character situations OP does?

You might like Vagabond if you're looking for something more mature, but with action, although the maturity comes from the philosophical nature. Pluto is also good, its a mature astro boy spin off. It's pretty short, but very interesting. 
Yeah I just can't get with the 5011 characters at one time[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]...
All honesty I can't even remember where I stopped reading. But I will definately check those two you recommended when I get down time this week. Finally can relax and check some of these out since AOT only comes out once a month and like I said being a longtime Bleach supporter, it has me feeling some type of way, so I need some new ones to get into.

Yeah I just can't get with the 5011 characters at one time[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]...
All honesty I can't even remember where I stopped reading. But I will definately check those two you recommended when I get down time this week. Finally can relax and check some of these out since AOT only comes out once a month and like I said being a longtime Bleach supporter, it has me feeling some type of way, so I need some new ones to get into.
Yeah I'll think of some more tomorrow. Vagabond is my go to recommendation, but it is currently on hiatus until Inoue decides to start writing again, but it'll be in its final arc when does start again and already has 322 chapters out. 

Yeah I'll think of some more tomorrow. Vagabond is my go to recommendation, but it is currently on hiatus until Inoue decides to start writing again, but it'll be in its final arc when does start again and already has 322 chapters out. 
Bet..
Any recommendations are appreciated.

I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned Kingdom.

It's about 400 chapters in and based on Chinese history. Many people say it's better than One Piece
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom