The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

This OP Poster :wow: :nthat:

I liked the last episode of AgK. Kinda sad. Not many left from Night Raid to enjoy the end. Glad I wasn't spoiled like I was the episode before trying to scroll through the thread topics in General.

Caught up on Fate / stay night. zuzuki was giving everyone that work. Weird how Emiya is molding himself into archer. There's some weird connection there. Anyone else hate how overpowered the archer character was in Fate / zero? I hated that guy. He didn't have to really physically fight anyone and just kept using his special attack that was so damn cheap.

I'm going to try to get into Kill La Kill. Started the first episode before but didn't like the animation style.

Last edited:
kill la kill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> akame ga kill

just keep watching

that game up there looks dope af

HOw many seasons of Sengoku Basra are there? For some reason on Hulu it has season 1 and season 3. It might just be a mistake and season 3 should be season 2.

I had the ps3 sengoku
was awesome
the musou games get old quick. but that one and one piece kept my interest

I was looking at the popularity poll for One Piece a few things stood out.

1. Kanjuro made the cut at #86, but Kinemon and Momo didn't make the list at all. That's fitting for Momo since he's obviously a terrible character, but it's somewhat surprising for Kinemon, but maybe the 2 being associated together drove Kinemon down. Kinemon should ditch Momo or throw him overboard since Momo's obviously holding him back.

2. Penguin came in at 52, but Sachi came in at 88. Kinda weird since they're similar characters just with different hats.

3.Marco came in at 12, which seems really high for him, but he is popular and most votes come from female fans. 

4. No Magellean on the list, but Hannyabal made it.

5. I thought Rocinate would be higher, but I guess since the poll was part of volume 75 and there wasn't much time between voting and his flashback he didn't gain a lot of ground. 

6.I'm surprised Tonjit made the list, also surprised Tyrannosaurus (Iceberg's pet mouse) made the list. Also Gin is on it.

7. Urogue is the most popular supernova after Law and Kid. 

Also seeing a lot of people don't like how Baby 5 and her situation was handled this chapter or the Lao G interaction with her. I didn't mind it, I even liked it, but I can tell me interpretation of Doflamingo and his crew relationship is different than a lot of people. I also don't think Oda was making light of suicide with Baby 5 either, maybe if he hadn't added her quick flashback I would, but the flashback showed how detrimental to her development being told she was useless was and the lasting effects it had. Even with all the gags, OP has been hitting on some serious themes post timeskip.

Anyone still keeping up with SAO? I haven't seen the last 2-3 episodes. Got bored with the current storyline.

I thought the baby 5 sai scene was pretty live.
smokin.gif
People are complaining that it's weird that Baby 5 would leave Doflamingo's family so easily and that Lao G saying they only kept her around cause she was convenient wasn't in line with how doflamingo has been portrayed, but from my interpretation of Doflamingo I think it's exactly in line with his portrayal so far, and why did Sai solve have to save her, why couldn't Oda have her save her self and grow to solve her character quirk. Also they were saying that the attempted suicide made light of suicide. Like I said I liked how it turned out and thought it was handled well, based on how her character has been written so far. 

in the flashback though, it's not like he really showed loved for any of the kids. so i'm assuming baby 5 just sort of latched on to whoever and she has a convenient devil fruit, that could probably be evolved even further im assuming he used her as a pawn.

in the flashback though, it's not like he really showed loved for any of the kids. so i'm assuming baby 5 just sort of latched on to whoever and she has a convenient devil fruit, that could probably be evolved even further im assuming he used her as a pawn.
Exactly, I've always seen it as Doffy only cared about the top executives who know his true nature, and for everyone else he's playing a role of caring leader, because it makes it easier to manipulate them and because he knows he's supposed to play that role in front of everyone. We know that Doffy knows the importance of perception and is a master manipulator. His care for anyone in the crew lasts for as long as they're useful, sometimes like monet their only utility at some point may be dying for him, or once their usefulness is up he has no problem killing people off. I think Lao G was correct in that they kept Baby 5 around because she was easy to manipulate into doing anything. It's why he was recruiting kids in the first place. Baby 5 at the beginning or the arc or at the end of Punk Hazard said after the current mission she was going to leave the crew b/c Doffy kept killing her fiances, it wasn't really b/c Doffy was looking out for her, it was that she was still useful to him. When Buffalo lost Doffy didn't care, when Law took Jora hostage and she failed her mission Doffy told Law to go ahead and kill her. Even his Dad, yes he hated him, but he killed him because he thought his Dad would be more useful to him dead b/c he could take his head to the CDs to be accepted again, when it didn't work he became a pirate out of necessity not desire. 

New Naruto info confirmed by Kishi-Sama at Jump Fest 2015

* We'll soon get two extra 19-page chapters (Not aware of what the content will be)

* The Spring 2015 mini-series will focus on Bolt

* The August 2015 movie will focus on both Bolt and Sasuke

* Naruto's kids don't have Byakugan

More info soon

Last edited:
Not sure if I like Kill La Kill. I like the story so far but I like more serious animes. The sillyness and stuff popping up onscreen reminds me of Scott Pilgrim a little bit. The stripper sailor uniform Ryuko wears is not what I was expecting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom