The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I was browsing netflix and started Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. I like it so far. Might check out "K" also since the premise sounds cool.
I like K but the story from what I remember was disjointed or it felt like a lot of information was missing or unexplained. It's an interesting show though.

Romcom Snafu
Poor Yuki, sad because she could have been president. :frown:
Also, those dudes from the other school are so incompetent that it hurts to watch. Even the SC from Hikki's school know it and are tired of doing everything for them. :lol:
All these girls catching feels for Hikki are gonna cause problems later. :lol:
this show sort of had a western style of humor to it, which is something you don't see a lot in anime. Hikki is still that dude though. The hand movements had me dying

I was browsing netflix and started Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. I like it so far. Might check out "K" also since the premise sounds cool.
Same. I just started watching Gargantia( I've already seen K).

Gargantia started off good so far but it's lost a little steam. I'm on ep 6

I like K but the story from what I remember was disjointed or it felt like a lot of information was missing or unexplained. It's an interesting show though.
There's supposed to be another season of K coming. I think Fall 15. So that may fill in some of the gaps

Last edited:
prepare for feels

Why? :smh:

Too soon :smh:

:frown:

Need a new anime to watch. I'm torn about which of these 3 I should watch first: Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter, or FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Suggestions?

Full metal alchmeist brotherhood should be a stable in your anime choices.

watch it you won't be disappointed

Watch hunter x hunter first. Then full metal then. Attack on Titan

Basically worst to best

But they are all great anime

Need a new anime to watch. I'm torn about which of these 3 I should watch first: Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter, or FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Suggestions?
My fav. show since 2004 has been Fullmetal Alchemist, then 2009 it switched to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Go with FMA, B

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

It's a complete show.
 Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
this show has:great characters, great story, action, great soundtrack

This is the best show that I've watched

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1355642/?ref_=sr_2

Also get the blurays or watch or watch it in HD.

Makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
While I don't think AoT is better than FMA, I do think FMA is a little overrated. The show loses its steam halfway through and the final encounter was very meh, it's still a solid show

Last edited:

Go with Brotherhood. One of the best anime out there.

i love fmab... but its kinda unfair to compare them like u guys are. its complete and over. AoT has potential through the roof if they go all out with the story. the manga gets kinda eghhhh at times. Wait till AoT is over, whenever that is then compare.

Watch hunter x hunter first. Then full metal then. Attack on Titan

Basically worst to best

But they are all great anime
X2

I AGREE WITH THE ORDER OF WORST TO BEST. ATTACK ON TITAN IS LEAPS AND BOUNDS BETTER THAN FULL METAL ALCHEMIST BUT YOU WILL PROB WANT TO WATCH IN REVERSE ORDER BECAUSE HUNTER X HUNTER IS LONG AS F*CK. IT WILL TAKE YOU A YEAR+ TO FINISH THAT :lol:

While I don't think AoT is better than FMA, I do think FMA is a little overrated. The show loses its steam halfway through and the final encounter was very meh, it's still a solid show
I can't believe you just typed overrated with fma in the same sentence.

*deletes memory.
ATTACK ON TITAN IS LEAPS AND BOUNDS BETTER THAN FULL METAL ALCHEMIST
How?

Both shows are great, but AOT ain't no FMA...B.

FMAB is as perfect of a show/anime as we've seen.

002a2121590488a3800d5e843b9905e8.jpg

AOT is a darker show, which IMO gives FMAB the edge.

FMAB had more ranges of emotions to get from their viewers while AOT relies on death.

There was rarely any comedy in AOT(reasonably so), whereas FMAB there were constant jokes.

Then we have that chimera...
frown.gif

Picked up the AOT manga...

tumblr_inline_njjm4jzgse1rf99ua.gif

SERIOUSLY?

Last edited:

Picked up the AOT manga...

tumblr_inline_njjm4jzgse1rf99ua.gif

SERIOUSLY?
just read the most recent chapter of AoT. Im with you. half the time i dont know when  or where  we are. it jumps around without letting you know when it jumped. by the end of the chapter i usually understand 65% of what happened.

just read the most recent chapter of AoT. Im with you. half the time i dont know when  or where  we are. it jumps around without letting you know when it jumped. by the end of the chapter i usually understand 65% of what happened.
So many questions, no answers. Doubt we'll get any at this rate. I'm at the part where The colossal titan's identity is revealed. The fact that anyone can be a titan has me like...wut? The dude who was saving Armin/comrades turned out the be the armored titan...
shaq-laughing-gif.gif

The difference between the two is that AoT takes forever to try to build up some ancient conspiracy, and arguably doesn't even do that good a job of it, feeling very disjointed in the way it jumps around and presents information. FMA Brotherhood, which is directly adapted from the manga, is the complete opposite, with the entire story connecting and actually feeling as if it was planned out from the very start. I'll say that AoT uses a larger cast for the main group of characters, but this only decreases the amount of development each one gets individually, making it not that different from Naruto in that quite a few characters end up feeling as if they weren't developed at all. For FMA you can look at Ed and Al, Ling, Roy, Hoenheim, Father, and numerous other characters who are presented and fairly developed, and this work specifically because they exist only as side characters who may or may not be around the main characters most of the time. The greatest thing AoT has going for it is the fact that it's very open about the "anyone can die" rule and realy doesn't attempt to negate it at all. Its a very dark and bleak world, being as I described to a friend once one of the most hopeless stories i've ever read. FMA is then more typical in which the heroes are outnumbered and outgunned on every front, basically playing catch-up against a group that's existed for centuries, but with proper planning and teamwork manages to overcome the odds. So the two have similar beats, but at the end are still telling different types of stories. I think FMA allows viewers to cover a wider range of emotions overall, with fairly little effort. While AoT, to me, feels like its trying really hard to be deep and mystifying.

At the end of the day I think both are good, but that Brotherhood is just all around better.

I just think for me, FMA wasn't ambitious enough. That's not to say that shows/manga that don't take any risks aren't good, but it felt by the numbers after a certain point. The world wasn't nearly fleshed out enough. Here you have this interesting device( alchemy) and the story felt very limited.

So while AoT is a confusing mess, I respect that the author decided to take a chance and not have it be a generic shounen type work. Same goes for HunterXHunter and One piece. Those are grand stories that have interesting lore and shows that a ton of work was put into making the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom