The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

The world wasn't nearly fleshed out enough.
Please explain.
i think it's pretty straightforward. Imagine if Game of Thrones only took place in Kings landing. While it would be a good story, the world as a whole is ripe for story telling.

Naruto also falls into this by solely focusing on Konoha. Granted that's kind of the standard way a lot of these are written but imo it feels like a waste. Which is why I prefer that if your going to create a world, don't limit it.

prepare for feels

Why? :smh:

Too soon :smh:

:frown:

What is that pic in reference to? Which anime?

What is that pic in reference to? Which anime?

Full Metal Alchemist series.

Think: Chimera.

Honestly, I always thought it was ****** up, but it never really hit me that hard. I even kind of laughed at this picture :lol:

My heart is frozen, pa.

Last edited:
Full Metal Alchemist series.

Think: Chimera.

Honestly, I always thought it was ****** up, but it never really hit me that hard. I even kind of laughed at this picture :lol:

My heart is frozen, pa.
Then I take it hughes made you laugh out loud, and his daughter had you rollin on the floor, and mustangs rainy forcast was the icing on the cake huh? :lol:
:smh:

Fma has really good dub, I like it over the sub version.

Watching Naruto eps from the beginning, I'm at sasuke rescue arc. I might catch up before the show ends. Read the manga to finish it or watch the show? I think watching it is better but it could take a while for the anime to end

I'm gonna have to read through AOT again, since you guys are saying it's so great. Once I got used to the flash at the beginning and got used to what to expect, the deeper aspects of the story didn't impress me all that much or feel that well executed. Maybe I'm missing something, so I'll reread it from the beginning. I never really got immersed or anything, which is odd since I like dark stories. 

I like FMAB and think it's very solid, but I agree with Blake about it not being expansive enough, and being somewhat overrated and overhyped. Maybe I'll rewatch it this summer and see if my opinion changes

Then I take it hughes made you laugh out loud, and his daughter had you rollin on the floor, and mustangs rainy forcast was the icing on the cake huh? :lol:
:smh:

:rofl: :rofl:

I wouldn't go that far. Got FMA sounding like it's Silver Spoon :lol:

I only laughed at the picture because of the fact that the person put a wig on their dog and took a picture from the most depressing angle possible.

I would put a "third" on those comments about it being overrated, but I'm not really a fan of the concept of things being over/underrated. I will agree that I clearly didn't enjoy it as much as some others do, though.

Last edited:
Fma has really good dub, I like it over the sub version.

Watching Naruto eps from the beginning, I'm at sasuke rescue arc. I might catch up before the show ends. Read the manga to finish it or watch the show? I think watching it is better but it could take a while for the anime to end

If you watch the anime you'll have to slog through quite a few fillers, the majority of which are complete crap. Good music though and it's a completley different experience to watch the fights in an animated fashion. I don't know how many episodes you watch a day, but in cases like this i'll usually watch the anime until it catches up to the manga and then continue reading from there.

Fairy tail
Another 2 chapters dropped today. Is he rushing to end the series or something? The pace of these chapters again was very rushed and every single damn opponent is getting 1 shotted now.

Fairy tail
Another 2 chapters dropped today. Is he rushing to end the series or something? The pace of these chapters again was very rushed and every single damn opponent is getting 1 shotted now.
yea i noticed that as well. i dont like when authors do that. main character goes away as chibi goku, comes back as a super saiyan god mode after training for one year? the strongest enemies in the world getting one shotted left and right. either theyre about to reveal an enemy that was 50 times more powerful than them before.... and is now only twice as powerful... or they're ending the series quickly.

yea i noticed that as well. i dont like when authors do that. main character goes away as chibi goku, comes back as a super saiyan god mode after training for one year? the strongest enemies in the world getting one shotted left and right. either theyre about to reveal an enemy that was 50 times more powerful than them before.... and is now only twice as powerful... or they're ending the series quickly.
It says there's a big announcement next week and he's letting his assistants write spinoffs, so I think they're just gonna cut to Zeref and Acnolgia fights then end it soon and maybe announce either a new series by Mashima or a movie. I think he released a new one shot a little while ago. 

Im kinda late but F digimin tri. 6 ova's with the first in s theater and not until November. Probably won't come out here till mid late 2016.

They probably had no idea what they wanted to do when they announced it a year ago

I understand what you mean by FMAB maybe not being as expansive as let's say One piece or AOT. It could have been more expansive which is true, but the only other thing it could've done we ddidnt need (which is the case with all expansive mangas) One piece always gives us where Luffy is, yet we know about a whole bunch of characters from a lot of different worlds and backgrounds.
That's what makes OP great

we just didn't need that in FMAB, it would've been cool to know about other alchemy's orgin, or why there is only one fire , or ice or whatever, but at the same time it wasn't necessary.

We stil;l got plenty of lovable characters whether good or Evil. awesome fights, hecka feels.

Listen I hated FMA when it was on cartoon net work years and years ago....despised it.

but after watching FMAB it will forever be in that top 5 great stories of all time in my book.

I watched AOT and I get it. hell GOT is my fav book series. but AOT relied way to heavily on those deaths to make it great...i don't read the manga of it, but from what a lot of you say (i read your spoilers) I feel I wouldn't enjoy it. and if season 2 of the Anime sways away from the manga at all there will be a lot of disappointment from the manga readers I feel. ,

I'm going strictly off the anime.

Fmab is dope but AOT is a game changer...people who don't even like anime are messing with AOT heavy...I agree the manga is meh cuz we gotta wait a month for each chapter and it's confusing af but the anime is top notch. And I'm not one to live dark animes like that

I'm going strictly off the anime.

Fmab is dope but AOT is a game changer...people who don't even like anime are messing with AOT heavy...I agree the manga is meh cuz we gotta wait a month for each chapter and it's confusing af but the anime is top notch. And I'm not one to live dark animes like that
What's a game changer about it exactly, the animation, the tone, or the story? Once you get past the early episodes? And how do you dismiss the manga when that's what the later episodes are going to be based on, unless they decide to diverge? I'm just trying to get some insight cause when I watched and read it I was like, "Okay this is a great start, but once I accepted the early stuff and it got used to the series as it went on I was like it's good, but not as great as everyone would have you believe."

I agree with Leb,
After about that 5th,6th episode I was just like. ok well this is just a reg anime to me now. That inital wow factor I got was gone. Wasn't surprised anymore. and quite bored with the characters. Mikasa was cool but didnt get a lot of talking shine (which is her character I know) Eren is a borin gmain character. his side kick was cool

FMAB kept me on my toes. Never knew what to really expect. All the characters were very colorful in their on regards no one particularly out shined any one else. it isn't like Naruto or Fairy Tail where Naruto or Natsu just come out and start one shotting everyone.

it's more the OP esque where we know Luffy is powerful, but we don't know how close zoro or sanji are to him, they could be equals are very very close. but everyone gets that shine

Fairy Tail btw, WTF..... just straight up getting tired of what's going on this arc , the real enemy better be a beast or may as well get straight to zeref at this point

Mainly the story, just very unique. The most similar things I've seen to AOT was claymore and Tokyo ghoul(1st season) and those were great as well

And I'm saying the manga doesn't hit you like the anime does. When they make the second season I know it's gonna be fire. Just reading that type of stuff doesn't give you the excitement and chills that watching it does

Mainly the story, just very unique. The most similar things I've seen to AOT was claymore and Tokyo ghoul(1st season) and those were great as well

And I'm saying the manga doesn't hit you like the anime does. When they make the second season I know it's gonna be fire. Just reading that type of stuff doesn't give you the excitement and chills that watching it does

aka they're going to have to cut out most of that boring/ confusing stuff yall reading in order to make it live.....

If that's what they gotta do so be it...

Edit: it's not really boring just confusing...it's a pretty interesting story tbh

Last edited:

What's a game changer about it exactly, the animation, the tone, or the story? Once you get past the early episodes? And how do you dismiss the manga when that's what the later episodes are going to be based on, unless they decide to diverge? I'm just trying to get some insight cause when I watched and read it I was like, "Okay this is a great start, but once I accepted the early stuff and it got used to the series as it went on I was like it's good, but not as great as everyone would have you believe."
that animation outside of a movie is rare bruh. this is big budget looking animation. they really went for it. sound is amazing. story is great and definitely not what ur used to. the protagonist spends the entire first season getting his a** whooped. that ALONE is way left of anything people are used to seeing. hell, we're like 20 entries into the manga and the protagonist STILL has nothing but L's. Like they said, this anime/manga conveys a hopelessness better than anything I've ever seen. You keep rooting for them to win, and even when they get small victories...it gets eradicated. 

Now, i will give u that the manga is very confusing at times. But clearly in the anime itll be better displayed so you understand. There wont be questions of "when are we right now?" in the anime. They just do things different. Like
How they revealed who the colossal titan was. Dude said it nonchalant like it was some everyday regular s***. They weren't even focused on him when he said it. GOLD bruh
Nobody is doing little things like that. the show is excellent. and yes...it has put a good bit of my friends who aren't into anime... onto anime. Including my wife now being intrigued.

Im kinda late but F digimin tri. 6 ova's with the first in s theater and not until November. Probably won't come out here till mid late 2016.

They probably had no idea what they wanted to do when they announced it a year ago

It's annoying, as we can get far more out of a series than we can 6 movies/ovas. However I think the quality of the animation tends to be better in such ovas, because there are so few of them.

Also because i'm watching it right now to finish SAO 2:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Forgot just how awesome this part was.

Last edited:

that animation outside of a movie is rare bruh. this is big budget looking animation. they really went for it. sound is amazing. story is great and definitely not what ur used to. the protagonist spends the entire first season getting his a** whooped. that ALONE is way left of anything people are used to seeing. hell, we're like 20 entries into the manga and the protagonist STILL has nothing but L's. Like they said, this anime/manga conveys a hopelessness better than anything I've ever seen. You keep rooting for them to win, and even when they get small victories...it gets eradicated. 

Now, i will give u that the manga is very confusing at times. But clearly in the anime itll be better displayed so you understand. There wont be questions of "when are we right now?" in the anime. They just do things different. Like
How they revealed who the colossal titan was. Dude said it nonchalant like it was some everyday regular s***. They weren't even focused on him when he said it. GOLD bruh
Nobody is doing little things like that. the show is excellent. and yes...it has put a good bit of my friends who aren't into anime... onto anime. Including my wife now being intrigued.
I'll reread or rewatch it to see if I'm missing something. I don't like the idea that the manga being confusing can be brushed off. It's one thing if it's confusing due to blurry panels or mistranslations, it's another if it's due to poor writing. 

Back
Top Bottom