*****The Official "Anything About Money" Thread***

not sure as of yet....there's basically 3 main categories of finance

personal finance
corporate finance
investment finance
retirement and estate finance (sorta like personal finance)

i hate personal finance....either corporate or investment finance

but who knows, timing and meeting the right person might land me a job somewhere i didn't plan on...so i'm takin it all in stride
...TEAM RAPTORS !
Dread the RED!!!

I got a question. Im 20 and i want to start investing. I have about 10K to start investing. what are the options and what is the best thing to do.

Beware of predatory lending. If theres a lending company willing to give you a loan without looking at your credit score than more than likely you will receive a high interest fee.

Now that I've said that I'm in a dilemma. I'm going to college this fall and deciding whether to get a credit card or debit card. With a debit card a pro is that I don't have to face monthly charges and interests, since it's directly withdrawn from my bank account . But I can get a credit card and build up credit history to my advantage if I play my cards right by not making purchases that I can't pay at a future time.
TeAm AiM cHaT
> Jay Still Dream <
Hello ladies....​

Quote:
Kobe Back
a IGN,Charles Schwab, HSBC, or whomever savings account.

Whatever remains I'd sit on in case something comes up or an opportunity arises where you need it.

With $10k I'd also seriously consider a mutual fund. I think at charles schwab its $10 or 12k min though.

Edit -
Quote:
Da Infamous Jay

Quote:
But I can get a credit card and build up credit history to my advantage if I play my cards right by not making purchases that I can't pay at a future time.
ICE Blue X's on ebay RIGHT now!

Deceptive- Yo, what should I do about the things that you have to be 18 to sign up for on cashcrate? Also it for some reason won't let me post in the cashcrate forums...

Personally, I'm almost 16 and spread out between CD's, bank account, and stocks I have 10K give or take a grand.
Anyone that says money didn't change them, just hasn't made enough.
Team AM FAM
www.jumpmansneakers.com

Also another thing I've learned from some people is you gotta make money and investing fun to you. If it's the most boring thing in your life and you just want to get it over with chances are you're not gonna get much out of it. What you put in 99.9% of the time directly coorelates with what you take out of it. I look at stocks and money like sports statistics. It's just a way of keeping myself intrigued and wanting to learn more.
Anyone that says money didn't change them, just hasn't made enough.
Team AM FAM
www.jumpmansneakers.com

Quote:
NYK orange and blue
:pimp:
pimp.gif
Alan Greenspan​
For President in 2008​
Because he's getting pretty old and can go any minute...​

this is what niketalk is all about, helping people and sharing information, great post!
UConn class of 2010

Team DC/MD/VA​

Do you feel me? I thought you would.
O.G. Member #41​

alright, i'm a lot different from everyone else in this thread. i know you need to have money to make money, but i am almost 16 and broke as hell, i have MAYBE $200 to my name.

because of that i cant really benefit from the stocks/CD's etc like the rest, so can anyone tell me what are some options for me to expand my cash flow and make something off the little money that i have? and it isn't possible for me to get a job right now. i would if i could, but i have dont have the time or means to work formally right now.

Yeah, tell the world take six, Young dictionary make words make sense
Then I make cents make dollars, Make the skinny girls holla,
Make the fat girls hungry, Make the ugly girls want me,
Put the Pretty girls on me, Make the shy girls horny,
Make the fly girls corny

Quote:
because of that i cant really benefit from the stocks/CD's etc like the rest, so can anyone tell me what are some options for me to expand my cash flow and make something off the little money that i have? and it isn't possible for me to get a job right now. i would if i could, but i have dont have the time or means to work formally right now.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Quote:
alright, i'm a lot different from everyone else in this thread. i know you need to have money to make money, but i am almost 16 and broke as hell, i have MAYBE $200 to my name.

Go here 2 make an easy $500 each month while onlineCheck out my online money tutorialLowest rates on travel guaranteed here

Quote:
Youre a young dude, i wouldnt stress it too much. Part of being young is being broke. Dont stress. Just concentrate on school (or other) and keep youre head up. You got plenty of years in front of you.

My best advice is, dont press too hard to try and find a hustle. Keep doing what youre doing so that you will eventually put youself in a position to get the job/career that you want. I know you said youre not working right now and cant really get a job. I hope thats because you are concentrating on more important things like school or learning a trade.

saving now and see what it will do in the next 5 years. When I was your age saving was nowhere near my mind. Wish I had started then but I was busy trying to look fly and pull girls at school.
Go here 2 make an easy $500 each month while online

Check out my online money tutorial

Lowest rates on travel guaranteed here

Another question on cashcrate, when you do an offer and you sign up for a trial...how long do you wait before canceling?
Team Economics​
From Sowell to Greenspan, we know what's up.​
AIM: vkhoj

Deceptive 5: A couple cashcrate questions. When you say purchase Visa Gift Card, does cashcrate offer this? Or do I have to purchase this somewhere else? Also as far as canceling offers, does this only refer to the offers that require credit card/visa gift card? thanks

Back
Top Bottom