*****The Official "Anything About Money" Thread***

Thanks, Oh yeah one more question. So how do they pay you? They just send a check to your submitted address? I saw your facebook cashcrate link and I seen a couple people getting paid my paypal. But, I prefer the check.

I've had a real esate deal that would have went well for me if I was wise but I was young and dumb... basically the money was delayed and I messed up my credit reall really bad and before that I had outstanding credit which allowed me to get the loan for the deal. Does anyone know of the best way about going to repair my credit? I have 1 account left that I need to settle all my other debts have been cleared... can anyone give me an opinion...

My email youngbruce@tmail.com
Or just PM me
20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE @ KARMALOOP.COM USE THIS LINK OR CODEwww.karmaloop.com/index.asp?rcode=LN7997 20% OFF CODE=LN7997

Quote:
On that note, if you don't provide your real information does the offer not work? None of my offers have been confirmed/moved to the completed offers list.

i'm no expert, but i noticed that in his tutorial it said that you have to clear your cookies in between offers or it will not work

Quote:
Yeah, I happened to have a old one laying around that I never really used.

On the survey's though, do you actually have to put in your real information? As far as the name, address and email you used to register for cashcrate...I don't want to provide any of my real info for fear of massive spam.

On that note, if you don't provide your real information does the offer not work? None of my offers have been confirmed/moved to the completed offers list.
:smile:
smile.gif
www.freewebs.com/ezcake/tutorial.htmGo here 2 make an easy $500 each month while onlineCheck out my online money tutorialLowest rates on travel guaranteed here

How to Guard Against Identity Theft

Quote:
Despite your best efforts to manage the flow of your personal information or to keep it to yourself, skilled identity thieves may use a variety of methods to gain access to your data.

How identity thieves get your personal information:

* They get information from businesses or other institutions by:
o stealing records or information while they're on the job
o bribing an employee who has access to these records
o hacking these records
o conning information out of employees
* They may steal your mail, including bank and credit card statements, credit card offers, new checks, and tax information.
* They may rummage through your trash, the trash of businesses, or public trash dumps in a practice known as "dumpster diving."
* They may get your credit reports by abusing their employer's authorized access to them, or by posing as a landlord, employer, or someone else who may have a legal right to access your report.
* They may steal your credit or debit card numbers by capturing the information in a data storage device in a practice known as "skimming." They may swipe your card for an actual purchase, or attach the device to an ATM machine where you may enter or swipe your card.
* They may steal your wallet or purse.
* They may complete a "change of address form" to divert your mail to another location.
* They may steal personal information they find in your home.
* They may steal personal information from you through email or phone by posing as legitimate companies and claiming that you have a problem with your account. This practice is known as "phishing" online, or pretexting by phone.

How identity thieves use your personal information:

* They may call your credit card issuer to change the billing address on your credit card account. The imposter then runs up charges on your account. Because your bills are being sent to a different address, it may be some time before you realize there's a problem.
* They may open new credit card accounts in your name. When they use the credit cards and don't pay the bills, the delinquent accounts are reported on your credit report.
* They may establish phone or wireless service in your name.
* They may open a bank account in your name and write bad checks on that account.
* They may counterfeit checks or credit or debit cards, or authorize electronic transfers in your name, and drain your bank account.
* They may file for bankruptcy under your name to avoid paying debts they've incurred under your name, or to avoid eviction.
* They may buy a car by taking out an auto loan in your name.
* They may get identification such as a driver's license issued with their picture, in your name.
* They may get a job or file fraudulent tax returns in your name.
* They may give your name to the police during an arrest. If they don't show up for their court date, a warrant for arrest is issued in your name.

Avoiding Credit/Charge Card/Identity Fraud

From the FTC (Federal Trade Commission)

Credit and charge card fraud costs cardholders and issuers hundreds of millions of dollars each year. While theft is the most obvious form of fraud, it can occur in other ways. For example, someone may use your card number without your knowledge.

It's not always possible to prevent credit or charge card fraud from happening. But there are a few steps you can take to make it more difficult for a crook to capture your card or card numbers and minimize the possibility.

Guarding Against Fraud
Here are some tips to help protect yourself from credit and charge card fraud.

Do:

* Sign your cards as soon as they arrive.
* Carry your cards separately from your wallet, in a zippered compartment, a business card holder, or another small pouch.
* Keep a record of your account numbers, their expiration dates, and the phone number and address of each company in a secure place.
* Keep an eye on your card during the transaction, and get it back as quickly as possible.
* Void incorrect receipts.
* Destroy carbons.
* Save receipts to compare with billing statements.
* Open bills promptly and reconcile accounts monthly, just as you would your checking account.
* Report any questionable charges promptly and in writing to the card issuer.
* Notify card companies in advance of a change in address.
* Work with companies that you know and trust. If you have any questions, check out unfamiliar companies by calling your state or local consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau before you disclose your credit card number or other personal information.

* Report suspicious telemarketing calls to the National Fraud Information Center Hotline (800-976-7060) or to the Federal Trade Commission (877-FTC-HELP/877-382-4357). You can also report suspected fraud to Consumer Sentinel (www.consumer.gov/sentinel), a website run by the Federal Trade Commission that allows consumers to alert law enforcement officials worldwide about Internet and telemarketing fraud.

* Memorize your PIN number (Personal Identification Number) and keep printed copies of the numbers in a confidential place.

* Sign all your payment cards as soon as you get them. This way when salespeople check the signature on the back of your card against the signature on the sales receipt, you will be protecting yourself if your card is lost or stolen.

* Check your cards periodically to make sure none are missing.

* Destroy and dispose of copies of receipts, airline tickets, travel itineraries and anything else that displays your card numbers.

Don't:

* Lend your card(s) to anyone.
* Leave cards or receipts lying around.
* Sign a blank receipt. When you sign a receipt, draw a line through any blank spaces above the total.
* Write your account number on a postcard or the outside of an envelope.
* Give out your account number over the phone unless you're making the call to a company you know is reputable. If you have questions about a company, check it out with your local consumer protection office or Better Business Bureau.

Reporting Losses and Fraud
If you lose your credit or charge cards or if you realize they've been lost or stolen, immediately call the issuer(s). Many companies have toll-free numbers and 24-hour service to deal with such emergencies. By law, once you report the loss or theft, you have no further responsibility for unauthorized charges. In any event, your maximum liability under federal law is $50 per card.

If you suspect fraud, you may be asked to sign a statement under oath that you did not make the purchase(s) in question.
Go here 2 make an easy $500 each month while onlineCheck out my online money tutorialLowest rates on travel guaranteed here

Great post guys, I def appreciate all the good info on here.

Hey Decptive was just wondering I will be going to my human resources office Monday. Was wondering, I want to invest and have it deducted from my paycheck.

I'm starting late, so do I want to go Aggresive Fund or could I get away with Growth? Not looking to retire early, am looking to retire comfy. Say 15-20 years.

Any info is aprreciated. Keep it going guys, I think everyone benefits here.

POST OF THE YEAR... :pimp:
pimp.gif

im 20 yrs old with quite possibly a negative credit score and maybe 50 dollars in the bank... with the help of this thread I plan on turning all that around tho

yo deceptive why is cashcrate better than treasure trooper a cpl of my boys were tellin me about tt back in the day and i ended up making an account which i may of completed 1 or 2 surveys... to this day i still get approx 10 spam emails a day...

how much money could one realistically make spending lets say 2-3 hours a day

Im a sponge ppl... keep dropping that knowledge

this post is def. appreciated! lots of good info all around, gives me motivation to start investing early

For the last 2 months I've been saving $200 a week but it's just sitting in my checking account. I have around $2,000 saved up now and I don't know what to do with it. Any tips on where I should put it or what to invest in?

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
"Insert custom quote here."Myspace

Aite fellas...I've been in love with money since the first dollar my mom gave me.

I have bout 1k to invest, I'm thinking about putting it in a savings account. I have WAMU account both checkings and savings. Should I just put that 1k into the savings account? I don't know what the APR percent is for it either (gonna have to look that up) or go with this ING savings account with the 4.5% which sounds good to me. If I want my 1k back is it easy to get? What's the min. amount of time does it have to sit there for? I'm really just trying to save to buy a car. Sorry in advance bout the noob questions. Just trying to gain some knowledge and make some extra cash.
1986.​

OK OK OK OK

I'm back in this.

I can get a group of investors into a hedge fund but the good ones are invitation only no matter how much $ you're working with. You need at least 50-100k to get into an ok one.

The next guaranteed 30 point guaranteed banger is the VISA IPO. Mastercard did crazy #s and its much smaller. The investment banks are pricing it accordingly though, otherwise you'd double your money the first day.

Everyone who contacted me about the 20% I'm offering you've been replied to if I was able to find a deal to fit your needs. If you didn't get a response, I'm sorry theres nothing I can do for you. I didn't feel like writing the same PM to 20 people though.

Oh and peep the sig
I like you. You remind me of myself when I was young and stupid.
Want a guaranteed 20% on your money? PM me -1k minimum-
Money is like a second language to me​

so im 18 atm and i have about $2,000 saved up. I've looked into an online savings account and CD's with Gmac or ING. Which option would be more beneficial for me?
AIM-illmatickalvin Email- illmatickal@gmail.com

what's the difference between a CD account and a savings account? I looked up the CD stuff on ING and it looks like it's timed or something but i dunno what any of that stuff means

we are all witnesses......to a conspiracyGOLAKERS!GONETS!
TEAMCHENI

Quote:
I can get a group of investors into a hedge fund but the good ones are invitation only no matter how much $ you're working with.
...TEAM RAPTORS !
Dread the RED!!!

Back
Top Bottom