The OFFICIAL CADILLAC THREAD

Im not really a fan of huge rim cars but the paint x interior on this Eldo is :pimp:

"Oh no.... Another Eldorado! "

Last edited:
Can anyone with first hand experience tell me about the 2008-2013 Cadillac CTS reliability? I've heard nothing but horror stories regarding the DTS and am slightly considering a used late model CTS if the price is right. If the reliability is shaky, I'm gonna stay far, far away though.

^^ That deville is sick 
nerd.gif

Tomorrow I'm dropping off my Deville to get the heating element in the drivers seat replaced. I figured it will help me save some gas in the winter and not run my heat so much. I just hope it doesnt cost an arm and a leg :rolleyes

Tomorrow I'm dropping off my Deville to get the heating element in the drivers seat replaced. I figured it will help me save some gas in the winter and not run my heat so much. I just hope it doesnt cost an arm and a leg :rolleyes

FYI heat isnt belt driven so it hardly uses any gas at all. Not running your heat all winter will just make you very cold... you wont see any change in mpg.

Running A/C on the other hand will reduce mileage by about 5mpg.

FYI heat isnt belt driven so it hardly uses any gas at all. Not running your heat all winter will just make you very cold... you wont see any change in mpg.

Running A/C on the other hand will reduce mileage by about 5mpg.

are you sure? (not doubting your expertise), but when I run my heat, my MPG "range" display definitely decreases as long as its on.

for some reason my MPG on my car has been getting gradually worse over the past couple weeks. It dropped from 14.5 mpg to 12.9 :x

wheres Dankenstein when you need him :\

>D Is your SES light on ? It could be your o2 sensors. I had issues with excessive fuel consumption when I first got one of my Eldos because the o2 sensors were bad. When a car gets false reads from the sensor it re-adjusts the fuel/air mix usually making the car run run extra "rich" (meaning its mixing too much fuel and not enough air).

Also... Is the car just parked while running/idling alot ? Remember when the car is at a standstill at 0mph the car is getting 0mpg and the computer averages this into its overall reading. If recently due to the winter weather youve been letting the car sit for 15 min while it warms up every day this could easily explain the drop in the reading

how do you all clean your vouges? there has to be a better way. i get mine looking good with my brush and soap but i cant clean the fine points of the white well. :smh:

how do you all clean your vouges? there has to be a better way. i get mine looking good with my brush and soap but i cant clean the fine points of the white well. :smh:

This stuff works great for white sidewalls

This stuff wont actually get rims clean but if you apply it after cleaning it does a decent job of preventing brake dust buildup

Last edited:
This stuff works great for white sidewalls

This stuff wont actually get rims clean but if you apply it after cleaning it does a decent job of preventing brake dust buildup

apprectiate the heads up. i have heard mixed review about westley's but i need to do something, got to ride clean.

My heat just died. the heat nor the A/C blow at all, I'm assuming its the blower. These Pittsburgh winters with no heat suck

Back
Top Bottom