****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

the stupid clouds blocked up the sun. i hate the rain. but this is the results i got before the clouds blocked the sun for the day. not much difference but i can tell a little

before seaglow

about 15 mins in the sun. damn weather.

OAKLAND ATHLETICS!!!!​

game recognize game​

Okay I need somebody's help here. I just received my DS SJ XI's, that I paid $380 for. With the original pics in the auction, the soles didn't look horrible, but on one of the shoes it is pretty bad.

My question is, for $380 I want the clearest soles, so should I use SG even though the Jams are ds? Would this bring down the value of the shoe since it may not be considered ds? (Although I would consider them deadstock since I am not going to wear them or anything.) Would they still be classified as ds and should I do it since they are ds. Thanks.

I think you should try the product. for 380 you might as well try to get them to be clear as possible.
They call me hadoken because i'm down right, fierce

where can you buy barkeepers friend at? im located in northern california. i cant find it anywhere.

You don't wont to get crazy with this stuff, just dab a little at a time. I bought these little half dollar size sponges in the shoe dept. at K-mart I've been using on my V's netting. It's helped but not all the way back to being clear. Used the stuff on My Carolina low XI sole's yesterday and it brought back the blue tint around the side's. I'm pretty pleased. Just be careful not to get the stuff everywere. Luckily it came off but if you get it on the white midsole of the XI's they'll turn a shade yellow.

how many ounces of sea glow do you use for each pair of shoes per application?

stealth 8.5 for sale
b/cement 3s sz9 for sale
midnight navy 6s sz9.5

Question-- Besides the online listings on the first page. Are there any local retail stores where Sea Glow can be found???

:smh:
nono.gif
Not stickied yet??? Bump!

Quote:
how many ounces of sea glow do you use for each pair of shoes per application?

enough to cover the yellowed part of the sole, then scrub with a rough edge (tooth brush)

Quote:
yo ii have a question i live in a apt so could i put it at the window ?

as long as it's sunny outside, you should be good to go!!!

Quote:
Question-- Besides the online listings on the first page. Are there any local retail stores where Sea Glow can be found???

Look for a store that sells boating products, thats what sea glow was originally for.

Kicks

Ok, I bought the product some months ago... and have been doing off and on testing since then. Unfortunatly here in Fairfield, CA the wheather is way too random to get the best results.

I used my sister's Columbia XIs for the test. Since my clear soled shoes aren't yellowed... and I'd rather try it on beaters first.

t7ek4z.jpg

Heres the shoes before treatment.

t7emc3.jpg

1st application of Sea glow. (right side) I didn't have too much daylight during the first application. So it was left in the sunlight for about 45 minutes or so. Decent results so far.

t7en2s.jpg

2nd application. From here on out, I would apply the sea glow to the whole area of the clear rubber. And set it outside before I go to work (7 am), and won't check back on it till 5 pm. (When it started to get dark)

t7epew.jpg

3rd application, the right pair is getting lighter, with the outer edges following along. This is about the time the wheather got bad. So I had to conclude the experiment.

But here are some pictures that show the results a little better.
t7eq3b.jpg

t7esjm.jpg

When I get the time, I'll be trying this out on yellowed/fogged up air bubbles.
-Dominic

SEEMS LIKE SOME PEOPEL HAVE BETTER RESULTS THAN OTHERS...I REALLY WANT TO USE THIS BUT AFTER SOMEONE MADE A POST ABOUT THIS STUFF MELTING OFF HIS SOLES...IM VERY SKEPTICAL.

The soles DID NOT MELT it was the glue. For the 30 millionth time keep sea glow away from glue seams and you won't have any problems.

OKAY...BUT THEN HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KEEP THEM FROM YELLOWING..LIKE THE CLEAR SOLE OF THE VI'S NEXT TO THE AIR BUBBLE..OR THE CLEAR PART OF THE XI'S THAT RISES ON THE MIDSOLE....I GUESS SEAGLOW MUST STAY AWAY FROM THAT AREA BUT CLEAR UP THE MIDDLE OF THE SOLE....THATS KINDA WACK....BUT ALL IN ALL IM JUST ASKING TO MAKE SURE. THANX FOR ALL CLARIFICATION.

backyardrsx- I found Bar Keepers Friend at a store called Hiller's. It was only a buck. I haven't seen it at Kroger, Meijer, and Wall Mart. Even though I was told Wall Mart carries it. So just look around. I'm sure you can find it.

can i use a black light to substitute for normal sunlight? the weather here been random
OAKLAND ATHLETICS!!!!​

game recognize game​

Quote:
can i use a black light to substitute for normal sunlight? the weather here been random

Quote:
7. Use of a tanning bed or is useful to more clearly see the fluorescence as it penetrates into the rubber. However, sunlight is far more powerful than a tanning bed light. For instance, here in Hawaii, at noon time one could be badly burned by the UV by sunbathing at miday. No tanning bed company would dare have that much UV and there are also different wavelenghts of UV and that of natural sunlight is far more powerful in activating the fluorescing conditioner in the Sea Glow.

-Dominic

JUST A REMINDER - ADVICE ON PROPER USE OF SEA GLOW FOR SHOES

1. CAUTION WITH GLUED SEAMS: As we have stated previously, do NOT let Sea Glow soak into the seams. If any Sea Glow comes into contact with the seams, immediately wipe the area with water which will neutralize the action of the product.

There are two possible reasons for glued seams giving out. First, the glue used by the manufacturers is only a single-part glue that can be redissolved by many solvents. A true two-part glue (comes with catalyst) is resistant to even years of soaking in Sea Glow See online movie:
homepage.mac.com/seebiski...ter19.html

Second, some vinyl can "sweat" plasticizer that gets up under the glue and weakens its bonding. This could be a contributing factor if the shoes are OLD. The older the shoes, the greater amount of care one needs to take when applying the Sea Glow.

2. FIXING GLUED SEAMS: You can do this yourself if you are careful, using the same type of two-part glue that they use to make and repair inflatable boats. This can be bought online from companies like West Marine. Follow the directions on the product label. We are not responsible for using any glue product incorrectly or carelessly.

3. PATENT LEATHER: Our own tests in Hawaii have shown no harm with short term exposure on black patent leather. The blue staining effect will probably disapear when the shoes are exposed to sunlight since the blue dye will eventually fade.

4. DILUTION OF Sea Glow: The product will likely be ineffective if diluted with water since water deactivates the product and will not penetrate as well as the undiluted product. Now that the weather in Hawaii is finally sunny, we are able to get back to our testing and further refine the uses of Sea Glow.

5. LONG TERM EFFECTS: There should be only "GOOD" long term effects of Sea Glow if the product is as directed on our website
www.islandgirlproducts.com/shoes.html

Thanks for the feedback. I am really impressed with the curiosity and honesty of Niketalkers.

Anthony Willis, Ph.D.
IGP, President

Back
Top Bottom