The official Detroit Lions 0 for 2009 post, vol 1 more game to go

Is this finally going to be it? After all the S&T threads over the years asking if the Raiders can pull it off or the Dolphins can pull it off or theLions can pull it off...................is this finally the year?

Week 16 - vs. New Orleans Saints - L
Week 17 - @ Green Bay Packers

This could be a bigger deal than last year's Patriots going 16-0
pimp.gif

Let's not forget this team has also lost 22 of their last 23 overall
sick.gif
ohwell.gif

They could get the Saints. NO better play like it's the super bowl.

I don't see them beating the pack in GB though.

But, Lions could win 10 games next year and be in the thick of the playoff race. It happens.
pimp.gif

I really hope they win their next two games, no team should have to go winless.
ohwell.gif
I'll be rooting for them one way or another.

On the bright side, they'll most likely get Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford out of all this.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

ohwell.gif

On the bright side, they'll most likely get Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford out of all this.
I really hate this argument.

If you're a terrible team with terrible players and a terrible front office...YES! You do deserve to go 0-16. These aren't little kids we'retalking about here, these are grown men that are getting paid lots of money and they're doing a terrible job.

Yes, they do deserve to go 0-16.

And that would only make matters worse...

If they've got the 1st pick and don't take Andre Smith, whoever is running things now should follow Matt Millen right out the door...

Originally Posted by JPZx

ohwell.gif

I really hate this argument.

If you're a terrible team with terrible players and a terrible front office...YES! You do deserve to go 0-16. These aren't little kids we're talking about here, these are grown men that are getting paid lots of money and they're doing a terrible job.

Yes, they do deserve to go 0-16.

Yeah, if you are a professional team and you are giving 16 chances to win just 1 game and you cant then you deserve it.

I think they have a good chance against both teams...I get the feeling they'll win against the Saints, but they are the lions.

I can easily see them beating GB. GB is beyond pathetic and has gotten worse as the season has gone on. I really hope Detriot wins that game. They get a win,and the Packer boo birds can give the Pack the sendoff they deserve.

PLEASE LOSE

No reason to win 1-2 games, might as well make history. The Ravens blew it with Miami last year, NO or GB better not blow it this year. Let us see history!LOSE LIONS LOSE!

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If they've got the 1st pick and don't take Andre Smith, whoever is running things now should follow Matt Millen right out the door...
You don't like Bradford in the pros? I think he'd be a good pick for a team in shambles like Detroit.

Absolutely baffles me how you can play 16 games and not win even one. I mean you would think you would at least get lucky in one of those games but no. I hopeit happens though, they need a complete makeover.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

You don't like Bradford in the pros? I think he'd be a good pick for a team in shambles like Detroit.

I think he'll be a fine pro... But drafting a QB isn't the answer to their problems... Their offensive line has been miserable... Theyneed a franchise LT more than anything else...

i hope they get a W, it has been sad living here in Michigan. i think im going to go to the game sunday

i just hope this guy can some how get out of that hell hole! would hate to see such a talent waste a career with detroit.
calvin-johnson-end-around.jpg

Yup - they better draft a linemen or things will never get better... although there are a couple of good looking linemen on the market this offseason if theywanted to go that route too... either way, they need to make some moves. This is just sad... still funny for now, but getting less funny more sad by the week.

I agree about drafting Andre Smith. I feel that a franchise LT is what we (Lions fan) need. QB would be a bad choice. it would be like taking Jamarcus....oops. Building from the inside out is the best way. draft Smith and move Backus to LG draft B. Spikes to shore up the Swiss cheese run D.

Three players to IR this week:
[h2] [/h2]
LIONS PUT THREE ON IR

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 16, 2008, 7:44 p.m.

If the Detroit Lions manage to win one of their final two games and avoid finishing to 0-16, three players won't be there to celebrate.

The Lions have placed wide receiver Shaun McDonald, safety Dwight Smith and cornerback Keith Smith on injured reserve, ending their seasons.

McDonald and Dwight Smith suffered ankle injuries. Keith Smith suffered a groin injury.

To fill the open spots on their 53-man roster, the Lions signed two players from their practice squad, safety LaMarcus Hicks and cornerback Chris Roberson, and signed one free agent, wide receiver Travis Taylor.

Also:

Risk-taking Dan Orlovsky will start vs. Saints

A lot of people were asking Dan Orlovsky why he wanted to play -- and not just reporters, mind you. Family. Friends. Advisers.

The Lions were winless and playing at Indianapolis, an elite team on a six-game winning streak. Orlovsky, in a contract year, was coming off two fractures and a torn ligament in his right thumb. At least one doctor had recommended surgery.

What was the point? Why take the risk?

But Orlovsky had been dreaming of being a starting quarterback in the NFL since he was a kid. He had been preparing for his chance for years. He was confident, and now that he had another shot he wasn't going to let it pass by.

And Orlovsky played well enough in Sunday's 31-21 loss to earn another start and validate his decision.

"That wasn't the reason I played, but yeah," Orlovsky said. "The reason I played was I felt I could, and I felt I could play well, and there wasn't any reason for me not to.

"I wasn't going to ride it out and say, 'Oh, well, I could probably ride this out for the next three weeks' because I did have two fractures in it and the ligament whatever. I honestly in my heart felt, when I'm healthy enough, I'm going to do whatever I can to play and leave the decision up to them."

Coach Rod Marinelli said Monday that Orlovsky will start Sunday against New Orleans, as the Lions try to avoid becoming the first NFL team to start 0-15.

Marinelli said he wasn't sure Daunte Culpepper could practice this week because of a shoulder injury.

"He's questionable and probably not in the mix right now," he said.

Marinelli declined to speculate whether he would have a decision to make if Culpepper were healthy.

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

I neva liked Aaron Rogers, So I hope they get there first victory off Green Bay!!!
This dude
smh.gif

He has said this in every Packer related thread this season...
roll.gif

I think he's the same dude who "picked" a winner from a game when said team was winning 31-10 in the third quarter.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Yup - they better draft a linemen or things will never get better... although there are a couple of good looking linemen on the market this offseason if they wanted to go that route too... either way, they need to make some moves. This is just sad... still funny for now, but getting less funny more sad by the week.

Yup, they need something like a keystone nose tackle to build their franchise around...

With Orlovsky starting they're already playing at a 2 point handicap so I guess their chances are slim... But hey, at least it gives the Packers somethingto play for week 17. If we lose that game... damn
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom