The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Didn't all the TBs have blue on the pull tab? I always thought it was strange the tab color didn't change with the strap colors. What you say makes since about KG leaving and that would explain why all the pull tabs were blue on those. I forgot these we're suppose to be his.
As far as I can remember, the pull tabs were the same as the c/w. For example, the blk/blk FP3 had a black and white or silver pull tab on the heel. If it was blue, it would have stood out to me because that shoe was plain as hell and I didn't cop, despite everyone liking that cw more at the time. That blue would have given it a nice pop

As far as I can remember, the pull tabs were the same as the c/w. For example, the blk/blk FP3 had a black and white or silver pull tab on the heel. If it was blue, it would have stood out to me because that shoe was plain as hell and I didn't cop, despite everyone liking that cw more at the time. That blue would have given it a nice pop
I meant the team colors that were sold through Eastbay. They had about 6 or 8 CWs. All were white but the straps were pine green, red, navy ect. In the pics all the tabs were blue. I never got a pair of those so idk if it was the pics or they really came like that.

Last edited:

I meant the team colors that were sold through Eastbay. They had about 6 or 8 CWs. All where white but the straps were pine green, red, navy ect. In the pics all the tabs were blue. I never got a pair of those so idk if it was the pics or they really came like that.
Yeah TB colors were sold through Eastbay mostly. Footlocker had some CW in store though. I think they had Blk/Red ( the ones Jason Terry wore for the Hawks), White/Grey. I got the White/Blue (my wannabe Allan Houstons 
laugh.gif
) from Eastbay. I think I paid either $70 or $80 for them. That cw was actually moving once they were put on sale. They sold moderately though.

View media item 720016 These are the ones I was talking about. I can't tell if the tab is blue but you can see its not red either. Which makes sense with your point about KG.

Last edited:
These are the ones I was talking about. I can't tell if the tab is blue but you can see its not red either. Which makes sense with your point about KG.
Those could be a sample or just an anomoly with that pair. I recall tabs being white mostly. I zoomed in and that tab certainly looks blue. But then again there were various samples floating around so I wouldn't doubt that the tab is blue. To give you an example, at work at NTNY, I ran across two pairs of Cherrywood AJ XVI's that had the outsole of the white and navy pair of XVI's. One was a 10.5, the other was an 11. Another regret I have 
laugh.gif

Damn really? I will say this, idk if everywhere but the black and red 16 in my area was a day 1 sell out. It was kinda crazy for them thinking back. Knew a guy that robbed for his later that night.

Damn really? I will say this, idk if everywhere but the black and red 16 in my area was a day 1 sell out. It was kinda crazy for them thinking back. Knew a guy that robbed for his later that night.
There were some available here too, but not many. They went fast though.

I also had the fp3 wht/blk tbs and the heel tab was black. Copped from eastbay

Copped my fp1 wht/blk/red TBs from shoetrends.
Also Copped the carbon fibers and the white/obsidian fp1 ndc exclusives too but unfortunately sold them

Those good old days are long gone.

Last edited:
Shoetrends was the best. ALWAYS new releases and tbs for under retail. I used to get FP2 TBs off of there for steals. Wish i still had them.

More importantly, I hope nike does these carbon fibers right.

I meant the team colors that were sold through Eastbay. They had about 6 or 8 CWs. All were white but the straps were pine green, red, navy ect. In the pics all the tabs were blue. I never got a pair of those so idk if it was the pics or they really came like that.
View media item 721661View media item 721662The heel tab is blue on my white/red TBs from eastbay. I beat these to death back in the day but still have them lol

Hmmmm, I must not have been paying attention to the rest of the cw. Honestly, the two colorways I had matched the blue anyway. So I wouldn't have known. 

Shoetrends was the best. ALWAYS new releases and tbs for under retail. I used to get FP2 TBs off of there for steals. Wish i still had them.

More importantly, I hope nike does these carbon fibers right.

Ron scammed me.

He admitted that he had sold out a pair of shoes I ordered and paid for and refused to issue me a refund.

I had ordered a pair of 49ers Speed Turfs and they didn't ship for a while. But that was par for the course with ST - great prices, slow shipping - that was the standard with them. So, I waited a while before contacting them, as I had always had communication and speed issues with them, but the shoes had always showed up. So, it was probably 2 and a half, or maybe even 3 weeks before I contacted them. I heard back in a few days and Ron said he would pocess a refund. He didn't do it and I got back in touch and he said he would - blah, blah. Eventually, I turned to file a paypal claim, but by that time it was like 30 days from the original transaction and I couldn't. They never refunded me. ...I was extra patient in waiting for the item and in my communication and request for the refund precisely because of their rep and the fact that I had bought tons of shoes from the over the years.

Wow @BIP Roberts  I do remember reading reviews here and there about their services. That sucks yo. The only stuff I ever wanted from them were XI's but I held out and was able to find what I wanted for much cheaper.

Wow @BIP Roberts
 I do remember reading reviews here and there about their services. That sucks yo. The only stuff I ever wanted from them were XI's but I held out and was able to find what I wanted for much cheaper.

The thing that was the most frustrating was that they got over because I was extra considerate.

I hate the breed of collector who gets all antsy and annoying if something doesn't arrive in 2 days. Dismissive tone to ignorant noobs aside, I try to be really personable and kind in this hobby, and when your kindness gets exploited as a weakness, it sucks because it challenges your instincts to be patient and understanding.

Whatever though, it was like $90 or $100 of something - no big deal. Frankly, it was their loss. I'd spent thousands on that site over the years and would have continued doing so. Classic penny-wise, pound-foolish move.

Sorry to derail the thread.

That sucks for sure. No need to apologize for derailing the thread. It's basically become a thread of OGs recounting better times and past experiences. Let those interested in the so called CFs come and reclaim the thread from us. Lol

Ron scammed me.

He admitted that he had sold out a pair of shoes I ordered and paid for and refused to issue me a refund.

I had ordered a pair of 49ers Speed Turfs and they didn't ship for a while. But that was par for the course with ST - great prices, slow shipping - that was the standard with them. So, I waited a while before contacting them, as I had always had communication and speed issues with them, but the shoes had always showed up. So, it was probably 2 and a half, or maybe even 3 weeks before I contacted them. I heard back in a few days and Ron said he would pocess a refund. He didn't do it and I got back in touch and he said he would - blah, blah. Eventually, I turned to file a paypal claim, but by that time it was like 30 days from the original transaction and I couldn't. They never refunded me. ...I was extra patient in waiting for the item and in my communication and request for the refund precisely because of their rep and the fact that I had bought tons of shoes from the over the years.

Wow, I never heard of Shoetrends ever doing that. I was talking about the olddddd Shoetrends, not the one that they revamped. Anyways, that sucks. Back to reminiscing about that old days haha.

Wow, I never heard of Shoetrends ever doing that. I was talking about the olddddd Shoetrends, not the one that they revamped. Anyways, that sucks. Back to reminiscing about that old days haha.

Yeah - I was surprised as anybody.

And, yeah they were around for a while and were great. Then, they like disappeared and then came back in like '08 or something like that. Then they turned into deadstockkicks or something like that.

Wow @BIP Roberts
 I do remember reading reviews here and there about their services. That sucks yo. The only stuff I ever wanted from them were XI's but I held out and was able to find what I wanted for much cheaper.
The thing that was the most frustrating was that they got over because I was extra considerate.

I hate the breed of collector who gets all antsy and annoying if something doesn't arrive in 2 days. Dismissive tone to ignorant noobs aside, I try to be really personable and kind in this hobby, and when your kindness gets exploited as a weakness, it sucks because it challenges your instincts to be patient and understanding.

Whatever though, it was like $90 or $100 of something - no big deal. Frankly, it was their loss. I'd spent thousands on that site over the years and would have continued doing so. Classic penny-wise, pound-foolish move.

Sorry to derail the thread.
Yeah, that was messed up. Especially since you were a long time customer. I miss having places like that to go to though. Everything is so overexposed.

Yeah - I was surprised as anybody.

And, yeah they were around for a while and were great. Then, they like disappeared and then came back in like '08 or something like that. Then they turned into deadstockkicks or something like that.
I hate that deadstockicks site. As soon as I saw that, I never came back

Back
Top Bottom