The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

So which version of shoetrends did you get scammed from the old school OG one or the one that came back under new management for a little then changed to deadstock shoes?

I originally found NT from shoetrends they used to have a link at the bottom of the page saying to check our friends out I believe in the early 2000's.

It was after they resurfaced, but before they changed their name.

Funny about how you mention discovering NT/shoetrends together and stuff.

I didn't even realize that I "collected" until I found NT. A couple of friends of mine who were into kicks briefly in the early late 90s/early 2000s showed me the site. And, I lurked for years before even making an account.

Back then, I played the background because even though I had lived through all of this, I had more to learn than to teach. ...I didn't realize how deep some of these people were into this. I was just a dude who liked sneakers and as I started getting money, I bought a lot of them. Even when I went into mom and pops and asked to look through their dead stock, I didn't think of myself as collecting, but rather just pursuing something I liked and going the extra mile to sport something that most dudes couldn't pull out of their closets. ...It was just about staying dipped in Lo, Faces, Nikes, Timbos, Vasques, etc.

Seeing others even further geeked out on this stuff than I was got me open and took my interest in this to the next level. NT really had a culture all to itself back then. I joined when I sensed it really starting to go downhill, in the hopes that more sensible, experienced voices could help turn the tide. No dice. It's a shame - the inmates run the asylum here now and the buffoonery that is the hobby in general reflects that.

^ last paragraph is arrogant.
How so?  I agree with that POV, it has progressively gotten worse. More of an observation.

@BowB4Me  you got me stumped on that shoe man 
laugh.gif

How so?  I agree with that POV, it has progressively gotten worse. More of an observation.

laugh.gif
bip could say the sky is green and you would agree lol.

dont get me wrong hes a smart guy but the last paragraph comes off as if hes the only smart sensible guy on this site which is insulting to me at the very least.

laugh.gif
bip could say the sky is green and you would agree lol.

dont get me wrong hes a smart guy but the last paragraph comes off as if hes the only smart sensible guy on this site which is insulting to me at the very least.
On this topic, I do agree. Overall it has gotten worse on all sides though. From the quality of product, to the sensibility of consumers, to hype. I don't fault anyone who is into it now, some just weren't old enough to remember what it was like before. To people like me, it makes no sense, but to a 15 year old kid who had no original point of reference of the shoe, it's fine. He isn't aware of how the shoe was before and how it compares now. Especially in price. He also doesn't know his lack of knowledge is used as a tool to send him into a hype frenzy. Newcomers fall for anything because there's no point of reference. In this area, yes, experience does count. For some who have had these shoes at least once before, no, you won't be duped into overspending for a lesser "copy" of what was before. It's not arrogant, it was stating how things have changed over time. I was agreeing because I come from the same POV as him, not just simply agreeing for the sake of it.

On this topic, I do agree. Overall it has gotten worse on all sides though. From the quality of product, to the sensibility of consumers, to hype. I don't fault anyone who is into it now, some just weren't old enough to remember what it was like before. To people like me, it makes no sense, but to a 15 year old kid who had no original point of reference of the shoe, it's fine. He isn't aware of how the shoe was before and how it compares now. Especially in price. He also doesn't know his lack of knowledge is used as a tool to send him into a hype frenzy. Newcomers fall for anything because there's no point of reference. In this area, yes, experience does count. For some who have had these shoes at least once before, no, you won't be duped into overspending for a lesser "copy" of what was before. It's not arrogant, it was stating how things have changed over time. I was agreeing because I come from the same POV as him, not just simply agreeing for the sake of it.
i think your going too deep into what he said.he was referring to joining the site as if to almost save it with his words of wisdom but he was the only one lol so its still amateur hour.

i think there are plenty of smart people on this site not everybody uses spell check and some people make better points than others but overall were fine.

^ last paragraph is arrogant.

i think your going too deep into what he said.he was referring to joining the site as if to almost save it with his words of wisdom but he was the only one lol so its still amateur hour.

i think there are plenty of smart people on this site not everybody uses spell check and some people make better points than others but overall were fine.

In a way it is, and in a way it isn't.

More importantly, though - it's true.

I could think you are smartest, purest, more benevolent sneaker lover on god's green earth; that wouldn't change the fact that the inmates run the asylum here and this place has devolved as rapidly and pervasively as the hobby itself. ...How couldn't it? It's a mirror. We're peeing in the ocean, dude.

My point was that at one point it seemed like everybody here had deep knowledge and appreciation of the history of the brand and stuff. Like everybody had at least read Swoosh and things of that nature. And, most of those who joined wanted to learn and share. I didn't even bother talking, because, as I said, I had more to learn than to teach. As I saw that vibe eroding, I didn't want to just complain from the sidelines. I wanted to re-pay those who schooled me (even unknowingly) and be available to try to offer a new (old) perspective on this hobby that was in shorter supply, so I felt compelled to join and strengthen that voice, even if by just one. By no means was/am I the only one, and never did I intend to imply that I was/am. There are still lots of people around here who know more than I do. And, I learn from others daily.

One of the most frustrating things about the new breed is that they think they are too cool for school. You try to give them knowledge and they spit at you.

Mostly though, I laugh, almost all this stuff is completely out of context anyway. ...If you weren't rocking when it meant something, then it damn sure doesn't mean anything to rock now. ...Just my perspective though.

Last edited:
In a way it is, and in a way it isn't.

More importantly, though - it's true.

I could think you are smartest, purest, more benevolent sneaker lover on god's green earth; that wouldn't change the fact that the inmates run the asylum here and this place has devolved as rapidly and pervasively as the hobby itself. ...How couldn't it? It's a mirror. We're peeing in the ocean, dude.

My point was that at one point it seemed like everybody here had deep knowledge and appreciation of the history of the brand and stuff. Like everybody had at least read Swoosh and things of that nature. And, most of those who joined wanted to learn and share. I didn't even bother talking, because, as I said, I had more to learn than to teach. As I saw that vibe eroding, I didn't want to just complain from the sidelines. I wanted to re-pay those who schooled me (even unknowingly) and be available to try to offer a new (old) perspective on this hobby that was in shorter supply, so I felt compelled to join and strengthen that voice, even if by just one. By no means was/am I the only one, and never did I intend to imply that I was/am. There are still lots of people around here who know more than I do. And, I learn from others daily.

One of the most frustrating things about the new breed is that they think they are too cool for school. You try to give them knowledge and they spit at you.

Mostly though, I laugh, almost all this stuff is completely out of context anyway. ...If you weren't rocking when it meant something, then it damn sure doesn't mean anything to rock now. ...Just my perspective though.
Love reading your posts bro. I've been lurking/using different user names since the days of nikepark so I've also witnessed the decline in knowledge and overall devolution of the culture as you've stated. Hopefully enough people like you are still around when all the clowns/beasts move on to the next fad.

at bip

yea but nt has always been know to be a rude tho?i remember friends talkin like 7 or 8 years back about how they didnt have enough "heat" to join and they didnt feel like getting clowned just to talk about kicks.

if you knew if was a rude place to begin with ,did you really think 1 voice was gonna change that? and can you really blame others?i have seen you crack jokes in threads too.this place would be boring just talking about kicks with no gifs and clever remarks along the way.even people on this site that i dont like or find annoying are knowledgeable.i guess a perfect combo of banter and knowledge would be ideal but i dont know if that will ever happen.

i think if you wanted a more serious lowkey convo about sneakers SC would of been a better site to join.

Last edited:
at bip
yea but nt has always been know to be a rude tho?i remember friends talkin like 7 or 8 years back about how they didnt have enough "heat" to join and they didnt feel like getting clowned just to talk about kicks.

if you knew if was a rude place to begin with ,did you really think 1 voice was gonna change that? and can you really blame others?i have seen you crack jokes in threads too.this place would be boring just talking about kicks with no gifs and clever remarks along the way.even people on this site that i dont like or find annoying are knowledgeable.i guess a perfect combo of banter and knowledge would be ideal but i dont know if that will ever happen.

i think if you wanted a more serious lowkey convo about sneakers SC would of been a better site to join.

Honestly, I've never spent more than 2 or 3 hours in my collective life on "the other site", so I wouldn't know. But, you may be right. Who knows.

Don't get me wrong, people still cracked jokes. And, I'm known to clown dudes too; it's like shooting fish in a barrel nowadays. But, that's partially because I feel like my good will has been eroded by a whole bunch of "tetas on a hog"

You could always get roasted on NT. But, if you can humble and conducted yourself like an adult, people were cool. Even the "shoeperstar" class of dudes from the old days, Jay, Phase, Retrokid, etc. All those dudes are cool, down to earth people who love kicks.

Nowadays, kids basically have "sneaker idols" and half these dudes are straight fraudulent themselves. ...Rich kids nobody ever heard of before social media who perpetrate fake contests, wannabe websites, and pay retail or more for everything and post slick to give their Stans the impression that they get hooked up.

You could always get snapped on, but it wasn't always this abjectly perverse.

Last edited:
"i think if you wanted a more serious lowkey convo about sneakers SC would of been a better site to join."
[/quote]

Hey burklinsfienest don't know when your original join date is or if you've had multiple screen names but why on earth would you suggest someone leave NT and go to one of the other forums to discuss kicks?

Last edited:
"i think if you wanted a more serious lowkey convo about sneakers SC would of been a better site to join."

Hey burklinsfienest don't know when your original join date is or if you've had multiple screen names but why on earth would you suggest someone leave NT and go to one of the other forums to discuss kicks?[/quote]
you caught me......

Oh lawd no. Not these again. In the name of all that is good in this world don't subject us to this horror again Nike. These before a FP3 retro is criminal. Who is running this freak show at Nike HQ!? Who thought this would be a good idea!? WHO IN THE HELL ASKED FOR THIS!?

Last edited:
I might be the only one excited for a clogposite retro lol

Can't wait to cop extremely discounted and slip them on after a 12 hour shift in steel toe boots.

How much were these originally? I'm afraid to see what the price will be now. If they make a special, limited CW of these and they sellout.....I'm done. It'll become the classic case of something that's become so popular it's no longer cool. We're almost their now but I'm tryna wait out the fad.

Last edited:
How much were these originally? I'm afraid to see what the price will be now. If they make a special, limited CW of these and they sellout.....I'm done. It'll become the classic case of something that's become so popular it's no longer cool. We're almost their now but I'm tryna wait out the fad.
Trust me, I'm still racking my brain too looking for that shoe 
laugh.gif
. IIRC, the clogposite retailed at $70

The only positive about the Clogs retro is that it confirms nothing is out of the realm of being a retro. I no longer want to hear a FP3 or Ultraposite won't retro because it didn't sell well back in the day. I would have to be given these in order to have them. I can think of better things to spend even 5$ on. Seriously

Back
Top Bottom