**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Golden Sun.... 

I've been lurking through other watch threads getting info on affordable watches and what not. I want to buy a seiko skx007.... as I was searching these threads I started seeing MOD watches and Homage watches... what are your thought on that?  People were modifying invictas and other watches. 

These are Invicta models that they modified. They chose this particular model b/c they use the NH35 movement which is the same as seiko and other good watches. 

I know you deal with high end watches. But I wanted to pick your brain on this. 

Cheap PVD will fade off and scratch off fairly quickly. Good PVD like the kind Bamford uses lasts for a long while.
my ring is black rhodium dipped and fades every few months..... I'm at the point where i don't care anymore and it's a white ring with black stones. 

Anyone know where I can find one of these anchor style pendants for my 7mm Cuban?

Golden Sun.... 

I've been lurking through other watch threads getting info on affordable watches and what not. I want to buy a seiko skx007.... as I was searching these threads I started seeing MOD watches and Homage watches... what are your thought on that?  People were modifying invictas and other watches. 

These are Invicta models that they modified. They chose this particular model b/c they use the NH35 movement which is the same as seiko and other good watches. 

SNZF17 Is a beautiful automatic watch. Very well made aswell. 

Golden Sun.... 

Homage watches are neat if you are on a budget. However, there are plenty of better ones out there compared to modifying an Invicta. Everything about Invicta's are cheap. The case, build quality, materials used. Especially when you have companies out there that are reputable and make solid watches that pay homage to the original. i.e. Steinhart (Seriously check them out).

I have two Seiko watches and the quality is superb. Actually got them as a gift from a friend that was in Japan. A Seiko Spork and Seiko Stargate. Something I can bang around when I don't wear my other watches and want to be a little nicer than wearing one of my G-Shocks.

Last edited:

Homage watches are neat if you are on a budget. However, there are plenty of better ones out there compared to modifying an Invicta. Everything about Invicta's are cheap. The case, build quality, materials used. Especially when you have companies out there that are reputable and make solid watches that pay homage to the original. i.e. Steinhart (Seriously check them out).

I have two Seiko watches and the quality is superb. Actually got them as a gift from a friend that was in Japan. A Seiko Spork and Seiko Stargate. Something I can bang around when I don't wear my other watches and want to be a little nicer than wearing one of my G-Shocks.
I just got into the seikos and honestly, as a budget watch, it's a good time piece. very classic and tons of history behind them. 

Theres something about vintage dive watches that draw my attention. Below some screen shots in movies of celebs rocking rolex's 

Sub Homage watches..... 

Vintage Explorer 2? 

Back
Top Bottom