**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I would take that Grand Seiko in stainless steel over that Breitling Cockpit Windrider
How come? I haven't seen you post one Seiko out of all your beautiful pictures? Maybe I'm wrong. Saw a few breitling's though. I know from the collectors forums that some Seiko's are collected for their movements/complications but they are by no means anyone's Grail. It is all taste of the individual I agree. Sell them what they want.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you're bragging i mean some people in general. To each their own.
Cool,and I dig the watch, but to me brand does matter to a degree and I'll be the first to admit that, but I also factor in resale/trade value as well because I like to try and trade my way up for my personal stuff with smart buys.

Last edited:
How come? I haven't seen you post one Seiko out of all your beautiful pictures? Maybe I'm wrong. Saw a few breitling's though. I know from the collectors forums that some Seiko's are collected for their movements/complications but they are by no means anyone's Grail. It is all taste of the individual I agree. Sell them what they want.
Because I don't post pictures of watches from my personal collection :tongue:

Same reason you don't see Omega's, Panerai's. JLC, Patek, etc... the people that generally follow me don't care and to be honest, most of them just want to see Rolex's.

I bet we would love to see your personal stuff as much as the stuff that's for customers, your like one of us. I know Rolex is whats hot right now like breitling was on fire 3-5 yrs ago but we like to see different stuff to that's why I post my corum,oris and under talked about stuff like that. I can't wait to get to my saftey box to show a few more pieces. Are you kidding me i would love to see your JLC's and Panerai's, they are two of my favorite makers.

There has been a price increase in Rolexes overseas, they are expecting a price increase over here.

They may have priced me out of getting one. That would be like retail price of over $10k for a stainless sport watch and over $15k for two tone precious metal watches.

There has been a price increase in Rolexes overseas, they are expecting a price increase over here.

They may have priced me out of getting one. That would be like retail price of over $10k for a stainless sport watch and over $15k for two tone precious metal watches.

Rolex has been steadily increasing their prices over the last few years. Nothing new

I bet we would love to see your personal stuff as much as the stuff that's for customers, your like one of us. I know Rolex is whats hot right now like breitling was on fire 3-5 yrs ago but we like to see different stuff to that's why I post my corum,oris and under talked about stuff like that. I can't wait to get to my saftey box to show a few more pieces. Are you kidding me i would love to see your JLC's and Panerai's, they are two of my favorite makers.

From Seiko's are not pic worthy to asking for pictures of another man's watch collection....

Where are you going with this one bruh?

It's so funny. I literally JUST bought one last week. A day just.
The whole debate on Quartz is silly. Seiko and the Japanese boom of the late 70's is what led rolex to jump in and talk about rare or value...
Only 25,000 TOTAL oyster Quartz were released ever and the last sold in 2001.
You can find them as low as $2,500 and as high as $10K+ for ones like above.
That's less than 4,000 a year when mechanical rolex's top 800K a year.

I own a few watches and the oyster Quartz has a better feeling bracelet then a sub or an SD.

Only thing I like more is my AP

Last edited:
From Seiko's are not pic worthy to asking for pictures of another man's watch collection....

Where are you going with this one bruh?

Nowhere it's the truth id rather see his personal stuff it shows his taste and personality, not just the hypebeast stuff he thinks people want to see. I didn't feel like going back and fourth. I know he wouldn't strait trade that Seiko for my breitling in his store because I wouldn't do it, and I know what I would offer someone if they brought it to me if taking it at all.

the oyster quartz is really cool.  much tougher and sleeker looking watch than the other day dates.  the other quartz watch that rolex did is cool too and wow it sweeps

Last edited:
the oyster quartz is really cool.  much tougher and sleeker looking watch than the other day dates.  the other quartz watch that rolex did is cool too and wow it sweeps

Yea the series is really classy, has a very good appeal for those wanting something non sporty like the sub or daytona.

I was intrigued rolex dared to make it. When I researched it it seemed like a good model for daily wear. Found the one above for a song and had to jump on it.

I will say that the 5035 and 17000 models that "tick" do get annoying if you're used to the rolex sweep.
But it's all good.
An awesome fact is rolex agreed to replace the batteries for life on these models and users on the Rolex forum claim it still holds true. Batteries last around 3-5 years

Here is the definitive guide to the model and has a ton of information.

http://www.oysterquartz.net

Last couple months inventory is starting to run dry and if you want an original untouched oyster Quartz this would be the time in my opinion.
Definitely a collectors watch. Not good for a first rolex.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience buying Gold in Tanzania? I'm assuming that gold would be less expensive down there because it's so plentiful. Can a ***** just take a quick trip to the motherland and come back to the states with a few bars?

Back
Top Bottom