**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

i got a white semi hollow franco for my pendant ......it doesnt break easy.....it can bend tho a weird bend i cant explain or show except for in person ....like one tiny "franco" link will smash in one spot like a car dent....but its official lol all gold 

Last edited:

banks had some cool stuff back in the days but man you can really tell this picture is from 2004-2007.  statue of liberty and the plate with the blue stones were especially cool IMO.  have always thought that big plates were cool, pee had some cool stuff for a short time

if anyone has better pictures of these , post em.  I think maybe the HNIC album book had some better ones actually but I DOn't feel like digging it up. 
always loved those pieces . this is when p was thee guy 

again , before the talk about peoples money and who should be buying what , anybody got specs on this ?

mm and length ?

Long time lurker , figured Id throw up a couple shots of my current setup

- 30" 6mm Cuban by Rey in 18K , 100 Grams

- Ring is 10K , 6 Grams

Rey is the ******* man. Had it shipped all the way up here to Edmonton for 100 bones insured, whole process was extremely smooth

Ring was crafted by a little old Chinese lady who runs a small shop in the city. Diamond cuts really go off in the light

As Im only 18 right now , goal is to stack enough disposable income for a Daydate in my mid 20s

Thanks Everyone , One Love

Nice pick up, I had a similar set up at 18 my Cuban was about 150 grams and 8mm, I sold it before the Cuban link mania insued when gold was almost at 2k an Oz and made triple what I paid for it in 98

Grand Seiko 44GS. :smokin

Nice, do you own one of those?I wouldn't label them smoking though, and can't believe people pay for those hi end sieko's, steel was 5700 retail and the gold versions were like 20k. So many other brands with similar models.

Last edited:
The Grand Seiko's are awesome watches
Didn't say it isn't a quality timepiece, just that there are many other choices in that style of watch at that price. If I walked into your store with that sieko in SS for trade towards jewelry, what would you give me?

Of course I do lol, I could troll the Internet all day looking for pics to post in here, but I prefer to post stuff that's in my hands that I own wether it's premanant in my collection or up for sale/trade. It's just my opinion that a Seiko isn't someone's first choice when looking for a 6k watch, most people don't even know sieko has a watch over a few hundo.

Of course I do lol, I could troll the Internet all day looking for pics to post in here, but I prefer to post stuff that's in my hands that I own wether it's premanant in my collection or up for sale/trade. It's just my opinion that a Seiko isn't someone's first choice when looking for a 6k watch, most people don't even know sieko has a watch over a few hundo.
Why can't you believe people buy them? 

I believe people buy them, most people familiar with sieko bought theirs at macy's next to fossil,nautica,and guess watches for under 200$, I can't think of a decent manufacture that has a 100$ watch that also makes a watch for 20k. Sieko has 3.4% of all watch sales globally.

Imagine how you would feel owning a gold presidential and Rolex puts out an entry level watch that looks the same just plated brass instead of solid gold with a cheaper movement for 500.00. It makes everything else appear not worth it and that's why it won't happen

I would say that the Grand Seiko's are more popular in China, Japan, Korea. Are there better choices out there for the same price range? Of course. However, watch collecting isn't about what's the most popular or the coolest or how much you'll get on trade. It's about buying something that you like and can wear with pride.

Last edited:
Ya well there are some people who don't care about the brand as long as the quality is great. Not everyone buys watches for bragging rights.
And your Definitly not one of them, who's bragging? I want value and quality, not to mention some sort of resale value so I can actually trade for something else in the same price range

That's just the general jo-schmo. If you're a watch collector you probably know that they do. Watches are an accessory, just like shoes, hats, chains. Taste, style, price are all subjective to the person wearing/buying it.

Ya well there are some people who don't care about the brand as long as the quality is great. Not everyone buys watches for bragging rights.
And your Definitly not one of them, who's bragging? I want value and quality, not to mention some sort of resale value so I can actually trade for something else in the same price range
I'm not saying you're bragging i mean some people in general. To each their own.

Back
Top Bottom