**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Niketalk wasnt lying when they said Rey's >>> Daniels

I bought a 5mm Cuban from Daniels around 2 years ago when everyone was saying Daniels was the place for Cubans, recently I've been playing around with the idea of upgrading to a 6mm - 7mm Cuban. I figured since I bought the chain from Daniels I figured they'd prolly hook it up because 1. It was a chain I bought from them and they made, 2. Because I was gonna spend more money at there store but heres how it's broke down.

They wanted to give me around $1400 for my 52 gram 14k Cuban when they sell the exact chain for around $2300. The 7mm I wanted was about $3300 so Daniels told me with the trade in of my chain it would be $1900. Just looks like a deal not worth it on my end. I'd rather buy a 7mm than trade in my 5mm for scrap/ melt value. Maybe I was wrong to assume he would give me a better price I was assuming I could prolly pay off the difference with all the things considered.

I think you may be missing how business works (You sound like you went to the Ninjahood School of Business and majored in Gold Fungibility) . Daniels is giving you more than spot price at $27/gram. Spot price is about $24/gram right now. So he's already knocking $150 off at 52 grams for the old chain at a $3 per gram loss. So adjusting for the $150 loss Daniel's takes on the trade + 100 grams x $24 spot price = $2550.

Daniels is only making $750 on the deal without including his costs of doing business. He gotta make the chain, pay rent, taxes, equipment costs, etc, etc.

Last edited:
has any famous people ever rocked the Icebox or IF & CO XL crownNthorn jesus?  I think I'd like to get an idea how how brolic these ones appear on the neck

Last edited:
My humble setup; Cuban is 28" 6mm from
Daniels, baby curb link is about 3.5mm 24". I wear some YG/Canary kite earrings to go with the set. Looking to pick up a matching bracelet soon too
smokin.gif
Nice Clean Setup what Karat and weight? I'm guessing 14k gold all you need is to match dat up with a nice Miami cuban bracelet and nice watch!

Thank you, the Nato is very comfortable and stops the rolex glide lock bracelet getting scuffed up and I can change the color when I get bored, I highly recommend the nato strap on the rolex submariner for a every day casual watch, nice subtle
smokin.gif
Nice! I rock the Nato straps on my Seamaster as it takes me like 8 hours to refinish the factory bracelet.... sooooo that usually just stays wrapped up in my safe.

I'm thinking of getting a Miami Cuban chain but I don't know whats a good miller meter and length to buy and where can i get a good buy at?

:smokin Nice Clean Setup what Karat and weight? I'm guessing 14k gold all you need is to match dat up with a nice Miami cuban bracelet and nice watch!

Cuban is about 80 grams, st Lazarus pendant is 11 grams, baby setup is about 11 grams combined, all 14k. My next pick up will be a bracelet, probably 7-8mm.
What's yall thoughts on having a thicker bracelet than chain?

smokin.gif
Nice Clean Setup what Karat and weight? I'm guessing 14k gold all you need is to match dat up with a nice Miami cuban bracelet and nice watch!
Cuban is about 80 grams, st Lazarus pendant is 11 grams, baby setup is about 11 grams combined, all 14k. My next pick up will be a bracelet, probably 7-8mm.
Bracelets should always be thicker than a chain.

depends how thick the chain is

sometimes its nice to have a bracelet the same thickness if you want to add length to the chain

My 10mm 14k bracelet from Reys, also got a 6mm 14k 26inch chain from him a few months ago. Had to come back and get a bracelet.
Reys always on point, paid him on a Tuesday and got my bracelet on a Saturday. I live in LA.
Had him throw my initials on the clasp.
I actually wear the bracelet on my right hand away from my watch. Looks too busy when on the same wrist as my watch.

Last edited:
Got my gold tested this week at last. The bracelet that was passed on to me is 35 grams of solid 18k gold

Roughly 100 years old as well.

Last edited:
Post on my earring broke off. Trying to find a jeweler to repair them. Before I start searching, anyone knows how much i'd expect to pay to repair it?

Got my gold tested this week at last. The bracelet that was passed on to me is 35 grams of solid 18k gold

Roughly 100 years old as well.
pimp.gif
18K nice dats some nice gold vintage so u know its good GOLD u should hook dat bracelet up with a nice 18k ring/ chain combo

Back
Top Bottom