**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Lol...not really,u have a point there..i guess it was that lil webisode he had goin on to where u actually see him in action jerkin these celebs left n right...like that story he runs about the process of the jesus pieces bein made...im sure most of us here know u only need one mold to mass produce the same piece...he makes it seem as every single piece is carved out of wax to boost his price because of all the "labor"

Anybody ever buy from Sarraf.com ? I saw something I want

Yeh real fast shipping. Got three chains there 2 yellow one white. Happy with all of them.

Jewelry circle dot com has better per gram prices, but not as much selection on certain things

Make sure you google around and use the discount code for 10% off or whatever it is off of jewelrycircle. Sarraf also has a discount code up top of the site you'll see it

Thanks niketalk for advising me not to get a 24k chain. Instead, I got the 18k and instead of getting the traditional asian boxed style which was my intention the whole time, the ladies at the shop recommended the franco which I ended up copping. Hoping to upgrade the pendant by summer

Congrats on the pick up. Looks good.

I got a friend with an 18k curb link like 30-32 inch with a catalogue Jesus. Said he got it in Colombia that most of the stuff there is 18k and significantly cheaper than the U.S. Ya know if there's any truth to that?

Last edited:
Rey doesn't make any size smaller than 5.5mm tho

I asked Rey about a 3mm cuban--he said handmade had to be at least 5.5mm. He said he could order a "concave curb" smaller than that though.

The catalog pics he showed me seemed light though. So I ordered a 26" 4mm concave curb from jewelry circle dot com. Weighs 25 grams I think.

Sarraf has miami Cubans in small mm and so does daniels. Both were heavier than my concave curb, but the prices weren't good--would have spent like $400 to get a couple extra grams for the "4mm miami cuban" compared to the weight I the 4mm concave curb.

I've wondered if I made the right call, but Rey himself steered me to concave curb for the 4mm size, so I trust that I'm not missing out on the 4mm "miami Cubans" that weigh like 5-9 grams at the same size.

Specs on that chain??

I think the ac Milan dude has a baby jesus on a 5mm concave curb--I need to search back through the thread and see if that's right

Cost of labor is probaby cheaper there.

Gold price is the same internationally, but you might benefit based on the exchange rate

Unless people there can get it straight from the ground and not pay taxes on it or something, I dont really see how you get around the gold prices set by the international markets, beyond a favorable exchange rate

To the fellas who r rockin chains, do you guys eventually get used to the weight around your neck? I just started wearing mines and my neck starts aching after like 4 hrs of having it on continuously

To the fellas who r rockin chains, do you guys eventually get used to the weight around your neck? I just started wearing mines and my neck starts aching after like 4 hrs of having it on continuously
kinda.... i kinda look forward to the  feeling of having a solid chain now

I have two chains that I rotate between a rose gold one is a hair under 100 grams, vs the yellow cuban setup is over 300, now wearing the rose gold setup feels like i' m not wearing anything at all

I've never felt like that not talkin **** but u might have a neck problem ... U operate machinery ? Like a crane or loaded ... My coworker cans even hang his safety glasses on his shirt with out his neck hurting

I paid scrap for my baht chain and  1 oz coin pendant
nthat.gif

22k/24k is the way to go. I used to get offended when people asked me was my chain and coin real and how much did it weigh.....

Even though I know all of these clowns in PHX are wearing gold plated cubans I get a kick out watching these negro's stare my chain down.

Back
Top Bottom