**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Appreciate it. Yall think 18k would be fine or too soft for everyday use?

Also looking for a solid piece not gold plated.

J chambers always said skip 18k on chains, that it's too soft, to go 14k.

I don't have any 18k stuff, so I don't know. 10k is even more durable than 14k, but you start to lose the "cheese" color of the gold and it's more alloy than gold at that point.

I'm Sure folks in here with baht and stuff will disagree--just wanna throw that out there

I wouldn't put trax and sarraf in the same boat.  I've found Sarraf to be good quality, am I wrong? 

For everyday pieces I think you can go slightly smaller than 2mm.  But its personal preference and lifestyle specific.  

Is this ratio widely accepted as the norm ?

No, I just made it up from experience and seeing the specs of good setups on here

Yeh mm width I guess can vary person to person, all I know is I ordered a 1.8mm once and I had to send it back cause it just was beyond that point of acceptable smallness. I had a 2mm box chain that was perfect though. That's how I came up with 2mm as the cutoff. Obviously depends on chain type

Hmm, okay.  So would anybody have any recommendation's for a 20 in. 2mm 18k yellow gold franco that would be better than sarraf?  Because I'm having a heck of a time finding one anywhere else.  Local is out.   I don't know if Golden Sun, Rey, etc. has smaller chains like this available?

Thanks in advance.

Any opinions/thoughts?

Been looking for an everyday piece that is not flashy or anything. A franco or anything really with a solid gold cross (micro size less than an inch) that hits right at the chest.

Kind of have no where to start, but wanted to just look online for right now.

Something like this maybe, without the diamonds. From IFandCo but we know they overpriced already.

How big you want it to look on the neck? You going for this or bigger?

All these questions but is anybody actually purchasing anything? Seems like redundant questions for window shoppers. Keep the pictures rolling

All these questions but is anybody actually purchasing anything? Seems like redundant questions for window shoppers. Keep the pictures rolling

Last I thought this was a discussion thread. Trying to get more ideas/thoughts/suggestions on what I want to get.

If you'd like just ignore the post and scroll straight through the pictures?

After market diamonds on a luxury watch and after market rims/parts on a luxury car are two things that i will never understand. How can someone mess up the design of a Rolex or a Mercedes S550 for example :smh:

Excuse my ignorance (I don't own a rolex yet :lol:) but so I'm assuming that Rolex makes watches with their own diamonds? And aftermarket would be someone buying a plain rolex and having it "modded" with aftermarket diamonds for cheaper?

If that's the case, the Jay - Z line in "imaginary Player" makes so much more sense to me..
"those aint rolex diamonds, what the **** you done to that?"

Excuse my ignorance (I don't own a rolex yet :lol:) but so I'm assuming that Rolex makes watches with their own diamonds? And aftermarket would be someone buying a plain rolex and having it "modded" with aftermarket diamonds for cheaper?

If that's the case, the Jay - Z line in "imaginary Player" makes so much more sense to me..

This is true, if u buy a rolex and itbhas diamonds thay were not added by autjorized maker the warranty is void and they wont even service it y add diamonds when it looks great plain Jane. Or save up and buy the big boy watch lol

^ All you have to do is keep the factory bezel though. Just switch back to the factory bezel when you need a service.

Just like when people keep their stock wheels and ride on the aftermarket wheels.

How much are the baby jesus pieces going for at each of the jewelers? Icebox vs Golden sun vs Diamond city.

I will be in ATL for the next few days so I plan to stop by that shop that has the IF&Co posted on Ebay to make a direct cash offer.

Are you purchasing or are you just watching the rest of us plan our set ups?

Ask golden sun, ask iceman nick, ask jimmy boi.....l could go on....

Point is I'm not down talking just wondering why the same questions keep being asked that have already been answered. But ask away

After market diamonds on a luxury watch and after market rims/parts on a luxury car are two things that i will never understand. How can someone mess up the design of a Rolex or a Mercedes S550 for example 
mean.gif
Excuse my ignorance (I don't own a rolex yet
laugh.gif
) but so I'm assuming that Rolex makes watches with their own diamonds? And aftermarket would be someone buying a plain rolex and having it "modded" with aftermarket diamonds for cheaper?

Not for cheaper just in general but you got it man. Tacky as hell.

Last edited:
Ask golden sun, ask iceman nick, ask jimmy boi.....l could go on....

Point is I'm not down talking just wondering why the same questions keep being asked that have already been answered. But ask away
I would never buy a piece of jewelry from a jeweler first hand.  Its stupid to even ask if your not planning to pay retail.  

Back
Top Bottom