**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Your a wise man, do the same whenever I see a pawn shop, sometimes you do really well, sometimes they have nothing, but worth the investment of 5-10 mins of your time if that.
Pretty much. I am going to get a cuban to complete my set up, but Im not trading in any jewelry to do so.  You get ripped off.  500 grams of of 14k is around $12000 worth of gold. 

I know that 350 grams of 22/24k gold 500 grams of 14k Gold give or take.  If I average around $1000 an ounce on the last 3 1 oz coins im buying (which I dont think I will have any problem doing), all in, I will be right at 10k spent for 12500 worth of gold 22/24k gold coins. 

I want my necklace made out of the coins I bought.  As a jeweler, you could'nt possibly say with a straight face, your going to charge me another $8-12000 in labor on top of the $12,000 in coins i am providing to make my necklace.  

I personally know someone that spent $15,000 plus his old 150 gram set up and a older model cartier santos on a 500 gram 10k cuban.......... 

Before I got my icebox Jesus I hit up David about this, long story short, nothing so I went with icebox

You get a response or nah? Wanna know what happened to that joint minus the ninja 50 year layaway plan

Got the run around so I said eff it and jumped on icebox. Plus I prefer a crown over kufi. I was hunting that kufi just off the fact it was Jacob made and history of it lmao

Pretty much. I am going to get a cuban to complete my set up, but Im not trading in any jewelry to do so.  You get ripped off.  500 grams of of 14k is around $12000 worth of gold. 

I know that 350 grams of 22/24k gold 500 grams of 14k Gold give or take.  If I average around $1000 an ounce on the last 3 1 oz coins im buying (which I dont think I will have any problem doing), all in, I will be right at 10k spent for 12500 worth of gold 22/24k gold coins. 

I want my necklace made out of the coins I bought.  As a jeweler, you could'nt possibly say with a straight face, your going to charge me another $8-12000 in labor on top of the $12,000 in coins i am providing to make my necklace.  

I personally know someone that spent $15,000 plus his old 150 gram set up and a older model cartier santos on a 500 gram 10k cuban.......... 
which 1 oz gold coins were u able to get for $1000 an ounce? thats pretty much a steal.

The kufi version looks really weird if you've seen enough pictures of the Tito version.  Like it's on some stripped down ultra modern art or something.  If it's in white gold/platinum with high quality stones it's awesome but any other version I'm not so sure of anymore, now that I've had an opportunity to see what it kinda copied (Titojesus).  The one that Mrflawless shows in instagram from time to time is good though :

This one is different from the one that was on his website though, different bail (better in my opinion) and the stones look a lot bigger.  Icebox u da man though, the one that you make looks just as good as anything I've seen from NY.  This is only based on photos, yes, but I think we've all seen enough of them over the years to say this with confidence.

Last edited:

which 1 oz gold coins were u able to get for $1000 an ounce? thats pretty much a steal.
4 1 oz eagles, 2 of which were in pendant bezels and very beat up condition.  3 kruggerands, 1 of which is currently in a pendant bezel on baht chain and. I also have a 50 Peso but im not planning to sell that one.   I also bought a diamond bezel nugget ring that that had a 1/10 oz kruggerand in it for less than the value of the 1/10th coin only. 

Pawn shops pay or loan a % of scrap. Doesnt matter what karat it is or what the item is.  If you want Numismatic value, you better stay away from the pawn shop if you are selling gold coins. I also tend to pop in to the few shops where Ive had luck towards the end of the month when bills are due .......when I know there is an interest for the pawn shop to cash out at a lower profit.  

Right now, im averaging 1020 per ounce.  

This is why I say jewelry is an investment or at least for me is.  Ill pay for craftmanship, but I refuse to pay double what something is worth because you are a social media personality.  F your personality, I want value for my money.  If I pay $14000 for something, its needs to be worth 14,000 dollars, not 8,000 really.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a nice Rolex oyster perpetual all steel I just got a quote from Bernie & Robbins for 9100 I thought entrace price for those were 5,000 can someone help me out? Where should I buy?

Similar how ? Similar as in over priced jewelry ?
Nah
laugh.gif
similar as in just mini 24k gold pharaoh and jesus pendants
 Ya 24k might be hard to come by but im sure Icebox or Goldensun can make you whatever you need. 

Nah
laugh.gif
similar as in just mini 24k gold pharaoh and jesus pendants
If your serious, Ill let this one go.  Its about 30 grams, 18k gold.  Not sure on the color of the diamonds but they are very high quality. 

Quality of some of the recent king tut mask pendants ive seen has been terrible.  

I'm looking for a nice Rolex oyster perpetual all steel I just got a quote from Bernie & Robbins for 9100 I thought entrace price for those were 5,000 can someone help me out? Where should I buy?

"Oyster perpetual" what model are you looking for ? You can find mid to late 90s model 36mm SS Date -just for around 3k give or take a few hundred.

crazy that people would sell gold coins for below market, given that there is literally a person willing to buy for the bid price...

4 1 oz eagles, 2 of which were in pendant bezels and very beat up condition.  3 kruggerands, 1 of which is currently in a pendant bezel on baht chain and. I also have a 50 Peso but im not planning to sell that one.   I also bought a diamond bezel nugget ring that that had a 1/10 oz kruggerand in it for less than the value of the 1/10th coin only. 

Pawn shops pay or loan a % of scrap. Doesnt matter what karat it is or what the item is.  If you want Numismatic value, you better stay away from the pawn shop if you are selling gold coins. I also tend to pop in to the few shops where Ive had luck towards the end of the month when bills are due .......when I know there is an interest for the pawn shop to cash out at a lower profit.  

Right now, im averaging 1020 per ounce.  

This is why I say jewelry is an investment or at least for me is.  Ill pay for craftmanship, but I refuse to pay double what something is worth because you are a social media personality.  F your personality, I want value for my money.  If I pay $14000 for something, its needs to be worth 14,000 dollars, not 8,000 really.
that's some good luck. i mean, there are people out there right now willing to pay $1178 or whatever for gold and somehow the pawn shop and then you got it for less. 

Last edited:
crazy that people would sell gold coins for below market, given that there is literally a person willing to buy for the bid price...
that's some good luck. i mean, there are people out there right now willing to pay $1178 or whatever for gold and somehow the pawn shop and then you got it for less. 
yes because someone needed money and took a pawn for half the value if that, and never came up with enough money to get said coin back... boom pawn shop owns coin at 4-500 give or take especially if coin is in a bezel then they really don't realize what they have and the savings gets passed onto a good negotiator at the right time of the month. This isn't pawn stars, many pawn shops in the hoods don't know what they have, hence why I check them all.

Back
Top Bottom