**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

My other 18k Pharaoh piece. Details on this one is ridiculous. Its slightly larger than micro if that makes sense and  SOLID.  Weighs almost 25 grams. Rope chain is 18k SOLID and weighs 21 grams.  I  cant remember what the chick said the shawl was made out of when i bought it but its not enamel.  

I wear both pharoahs, the kruggerand and the cuban on holiday weekends just to be obnoxious. 

the connect, i was inspired by your posts and went to 3 more pawn shops today (in the dc area). 1 didn't have any merchandise out at all for whatever reason and told me to come back tomorrow. i was curious what they would pay for a gold coin. they don't buy them or sell them. if someone came in with 33 grams of 22k they would offer them $850. 1 was more of a money changing place and they would convert currency and bullion. they sell bullion for gold value +5% fee and buy for gold price - 5% fee. last place was a more upscale pawn shop with white people working behind the counter. they had some decent stuff, didn't get to ask what they would sell/ buy for since they were about to close.
Show them cash and ask to borrow their calculator. Pawn shops are famous for saying we pay 40-60% of melt value and we don't acknowledge diamonds....lol

Show them cash and ask to borrow their calculator. Pawn shops are famous for saying we pay 40-60% of melt value and we don't acknowledge diamonds....lol
LMAO the infamous, "by gold weight only, the diamonds don't really count". Always say that on pave'd and small prong set stuff.

Last edited:
pac had the Rolex piece in the 90s

tried that today. wouldn't go lower than 40/gram on anything. started off at 60 / gram lmao. 

Damn that mayweather, I'm sure his jewelers love him, but he gonna hate them if he ever has to sell that stuff. Diamond charms hanging from a diamond bracelet looks a little feminina.

Last edited:
i imagine you can trip and stab yourself with one of those. Are those knockoff Juste Un Clou bracelets?

Damn that mayweather, I'm sure his jewelers love him, but he gonna hate them if he ever has to sell that stuff. Diamond charms hanging from a diamond bracelet looks a little feminina.
yea woulda been harder without the extra diamond dangling

I spy our bracelets :wink:

Who do you think did both of those? :wink:
I would love to see a video of you guys setting these stones and how it's done. I've said it time and time, GoldenSun has the best stone setting in the game, everything he makes, weather it's ugly or nice, the stones are set perfect. Even those big rolex's with the big diamond bezels i love to HATE lol. There's really no flaw in the craftsmanship. 

Also, when it comes to diamond work, do you use certified diamonds? or source them from the same place? Do you have a standard to the stones you use?

Question:

Had a custom necklace made for my gf for a little over $600. The jewelry store I went to also wrote me a very detailed appraisal and valued the necklace at $950.

What do I do with this appraisal to get the necklace insured? And how does jewelry insurance work? I'm totally clueless on this topic. Should I get the necklace insured myself since I bought it? Or would she get it insured as the wearer?

Question:

Had a custom necklace made for my gf for a little over $600. The jewelry store I went to also wrote me a very detailed appraisal and valued the necklace at $950.

What do I do with this appraisal to get the necklace insured? And how does jewelry insurance work? I'm totally clueless on this topic. Should I get the necklace insured myself since I bought it? Or would she get it insured as the wearer?
Generally you can put it under your home owners or renters insurance.

I would love to see a video of you guys setting these stones and how it's done. I've said it time and time, GoldenSun has the best stone setting in the game, everything he makes, weather it's ugly or nice, the stones are set perfect. Even those big rolex's with the big diamond bezels i love to HATE lol. There's really no flaw in the craftsmanship. 

Also, when it comes to diamond work, do you use certified diamonds? or source them from the same place? Do you have a standard to the stones you use?
Thanks! Unfortunately the diamond setters are quite quiet guys that are all generational setters. Most setters are pretty secretive about their technique and don't like to show how they do it.

Question:

either one of you can get it insured, depending on who wants to pay for the insurance... Like goldensun said, your homeowners will cover up to a certain amount, which you should be covered. Your other option is getting a personal articles insurance policy

Last edited:
I don't even think it is worth insuring jewelry under $1k.

If you need to make a claim, you are going to have to pay a deductible. So maybe you get $2-500 back from the claim.

Last edited:
Besides the deductible if the insurer can find the same piece for cheaper than the appraisal value they're going to pay out based on the best price they can obtain it for anyway.

there's some good videos on youtube.

e.g. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu0BK-6SqdhmQVGVRFM02XQ/videos

Back
Top Bottom