**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Looks good! I've been looking for something just like this, but pricing is all over the place for something like this.
mean.gif
Yea me too, I did a lot of shopping around.  I ended up buying from some guy in the district who pulled me off the street (pause) while I was on my way to see another jeweler about a similar cross.  I think I got a great deal on it. 1850 + tax I didn't have cash only card :frown: .  On something like this thats just diamonds just low ball the **** out of them.  I was ready to spend $2500 on something similar.  But the guy was like what would it take for you not to meet your guy.  

For the other guy asking, the chain is 24 inches.  I might be a bit short.  Im thinking of buying a longer one, or trading in the one i bought. Kind of got got on the chain though, but not terriblely.  I was too excited about the cross I wanted to wear it right alway, i didn't even haggle lol.

Heres a pic of me wearing it. I'm 6'1 220.  Might get a 28 or 30 inch chain.  What do you think.  The GF likes it as is :tongue:

Looks good! I've been looking for something just like this, but pricing is all over the place for something like this.
mean.gif
Yea me too, I did a lot of shopping around.  I ended up buying from some guy in the district who pulled me off the street (pause) while I was on my way to see another jeweler about a similar cross.  I think I got a great deal on it. 1850 + tax I didn't have cash only card :frown: .  On something like this thats just diamonds just low ball the **** out of them.  I was ready to spend $2500 on something similar.  But the guy was like what would it take for you not to meet your guy.  

For the other guy asking, the chain is 24 inches.  I might be a bit short.  Im thinking of buying a longer one, or trading in the one i bought. Kind of got got on the chain though, but not terriblely.  I was too excited about the cross I wanted to wear it right alway, i didn't even haggle lol.

Heres a pic of me wearing it. I'm 6'1 220.  Might get a 28 or 30 inch chain.  What do you think.  The GF likes it as is :tongue:
That length looks perfect. The longer the chain the smaller the cross will look. Diamonds set in yellow gold looks 
smokin.gif

if you remember the store please let me know.  I live in NYC
My fault, it was in the LA jewelry district. Also, try a 26" chain for your cross. I'm 6'2" and the bottom of the pendant I posted above sits at the middle of my sternum. The chain length is 26" and the piece is about 1.5" to give you an idea.

Any of you got a 20-22" 2mm rose gold rope chain you want to get rid of? Checked Ebay but all the chains that looked about right are from China and weigh around 4-5g which seems a bit light. Sarraf has one around 8g and I'd be OK with that but figured I'd ask here before buying elsewhere.
yo brah dats mad light 4-5 grams is gon break on anything especially for Rope chains dat dem ish break apart so easily da hollow ones you should at least get a 24" which is still short but not as short as no 20 or 22 but if you want it 22" make it at least 22 grams i think i still got one my old ropes somewhere around

For some reason the details in the one fatballer posted look cleaner compared to the sarraf one or the catalogue.

They will always look better in person compared to a catalog. Catalogs aren't 3D and the catalog pics are done kinda sh***y. 

Looks good! I've been looking for something just like this, but pricing is all over the place for something like this. :smh:

Looks Good Man!!! :smokin

I appreciate you sharing the pricing details because it at least lets me know the "real" price range. I think the chain length looks fine, but it is all your preference.

Looks good, whats the height of your cross?

Looks Good Man!!!
smokin.gif

I appreciate you sharing the pricing details because it at least lets me know the "real" price range. I think the chain length looks fine, but it is all your preference.
ive gotten quotes from 4k to what i paid for it. Just be aggressive n your negotiating and have a firm price in mind.  Diamond quality will affect the price too.  Hard to tell when your getting a good deal.  But the profit margin on jewelry is so high, the seller will usually budge a lot.

Pendent is just under 1.5 inches with bale

Nice man, what is that charm like 6.5 grams ?
Thanks man. No clue on the weight of it though.
That's clean,love the details and craftsmanship . Info please.
Thanks. I picked it up in the LA jewelry district.
For some reason the details in the one fatballer posted look cleaner compared to the sarraf one or the catalogue.
It is, my jeweler also had one similar to the sarraf one. I chose the one I got since it had more details and the face looks more normal on it.

I have them in my 10k & 14k catalogs but i think they are semi hollow. They are nice though.
Cool, if you don't mind my asking, how did you come across this?  The catalog I mean. 
This wholesaler in LA sent them too me. I was buying and selling a few things here in Canada. He charged me $26 for 10k and $34 for 14k. Jewelry stores here charge $60 - $120 
mean.gif

Would a 8mm Cuban be too big for a 2.5" Jesus piece? Don't wanna cop a 5mm and it looks too small.

Would a 8mm Cuban be too big for a 2.5" Jesus piece? Don't wanna cop a 5mm and it looks too small.
Go with 5.5mm or 6mm. 8mm will look too big plus it's too heavy for a baby jesus. Light pendants on heavy chains feel/look odd. You want the pendant to be pulling down on the chain (if that makes any sense).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom