**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

18k gold custom cuff links. Bunch of other stuff I could post but it will likely russle jimmies and attract all the extra hate. Enjoy the weekend, I'm out.
Lol, for real?

You think people will be  jealous and upset if you post the rest of your pieces?  

Those 18 inch Birdman Jr chokers you have on in that pic already have me envious.....
nthat.gif

Last edited:
I am having a diamond bezel made for my Kruggerand pendant and my cuban bracelet from Rey upgraded with diamonds. I am also have a bracelet made for my girl for her Bday.  

For upgrading the cuban bracelet, he is charging me 8.50 per setting/diamond (pave and diamonds are included in price for setting).  Im doing every 3rd link and the box lock.  The diamonds are about 2mm and there will be 3 side by side on each side the link.

-The diamonds are coming out of broken bracelet that someone sold to him which is why the price is so good.  They are in the S quality range.

The bezel for the Kruggerand is going to be around 3 karats total. As I have stated I intended to do in the past, I provided him with a 1oz Kruggerand which covered both the bezel for the coin and my girls bracelet.  Both will be 10k considering I almost never take my necklace off and I want it to be super durable.  

-He is sourcing the diamonds for me and is charging $300 a karat including the labor for setting.  

Also, I was poking around in his wax mold book and thought you guys would want to see these.  The Kruggerand will be custom, my girls bracelet will be the 1st one on the second row, last picture.  Its octogon shaped.  Each side will have 3 diamonds set in it.  

It can be ignorant to you Im okay with that,  but for the past 10 years I've been in this thread the interest for the REAL JACOB MOLD has dropped tremendously to the point where no one even talks about it anymore.

in fact i remember it clearly, It was when icee fresh first updated their jesus mold to that jacob style. When he posted here  Ben Baller pointed out that no one cares who made it anymore as long as the weight and shine was on point. Then Frank Mucas was started posting his jesus from Icebox that looked like perfection and was waayyy cheaper than the Jacob jesus. People slowly stopped caring about about jacob and his outrageous prices. 
Hey but that's the crown n throne that Icebox does so great.  Jacob & Co seems to have the best kufi jesus of all times but I mean that's just really my opinion from years of looking at photographs.  Another Niketalk with previous actual experience with dejesus said that Jacob is the way to go in terms of stone quality.  Plus breh who just posted his has the XL bail on it like the first version ever that mase had way back when, that's like the best one ever.  Anyways nowadays I say that the Frank Mucus/GLC one is the best one though. 

supp yall,

im looking to buy a 2mm gold franco chain at about 20-22" length. I honestly would prefer 14k and up. Anyone know any places that could give a nice price on a small chain? also, how much am I gonna spend on something like this?

Thanks in advance

good looking on the suggestions fellas, 

question though

im noticing that the price is about 400-500 for a 1mm 22" chain. I see the same exact specs in traxnyc fir about 150-180.

whats the difference? im assuming more gold is used on from the shops mentioned above

The shops posted above have solid franco links (heavier). The cheaper ones are hollow links, they feel much lighter in your hand and the quality isnt as good.

Hollow links are more for the look since you can buy huge chains that are lighter and hence much much cheaper.

Last edited:
i'm selling a 16.1 gram pendant tomorrow

gold is going for $20.32 a gram right now and i know i'm not going to get $327.15 for it
the price of gold has dropped alot

can someone tell me what i might get for it at this time

thanks in advance

Last edited:
If it's 14k take it to a pawn shop for around $15/gram or sell it for $20 - $25/gram on craigslist. To someone who just came from a jewelry store that will seem like a great deal. Depending on what it is and the condition. 

Everyday set up.14k gold 13 ct yellow stone tennis necklace with 2.5ct 14k cross, 1ct praying hands..... Shout out to golden sun for being solid and quoting me on a similar tennis chain. I didn't buy from him due to distance but he was very helpful in me getting a good deal on the one I did buy
dats a cool setup a little short but cool

I'm not a fan of any jesus piece but that ebay one from IF & CO looks 10 times better than the Jacob white gold one buddy posted on the last page. The top row of diamonds on the Jacob are all crooked and bent and where the bail is connected looks better on the IF & CO too.

They're supposed to be kinda scattered around though, they're thorns.  Problem is when Jacob & Co designed that one they didn't include what's either hairs or part of the thorn design from the version that Tito made for a few people.  The way the bail connects to the eye (loop) isn't perfect looking, I'll agree to that.  Seems like whatever part of the bail you call that goes through the eye shoulda been moved up on the bail so you don't see the eye at all but it's not that serious.  I don't think that anyone has complained in the like 15-16 years that Jacob & Co has been doing that piece.  Really a 1 1/2 inch piece shouldn't be compared with one that's like 4 1/4 inch though (JMO).  Edit - here is a picture of a kufi jesus that IF & CO did back in the days where the eye thing is just as huge

so I Dunno really

Last edited:
Ya i know its supposed to be scattered but the IF & CO just looks cleaner like along the top. Just my opinion. I'm picky like that. 

I'm not a fan of any jesus piece but that ebay one from IF & CO looks 10 times better than the Jacob white gold one buddy posted on the last page. The top row of diamonds on the Jacob are all crooked and bent and where the bail is connected looks better on the IF & CO too.
I agree and I would only own one because I could'nt pass up the deal. I dont get trying to buy Jewelery that looks exactly like what everyone else has.  Ill tell you this, these chicks cant tell the difference tho......

I agree and I would only own one because I could'nt pass up the deal. I dont get trying to buy Jewelery that looks exactly like what everyone else has.  Ill tell you this, these chicks cant tell the difference tho......
LOL i'm saying, every girl I know thinks the jesus piece is ugly, lego man is cute

and they have no clue what the difference between the flea market special and something custom

Back
Top Bottom