**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Random pic.
smokin.gif

is it easy to get a cuban bracelet resized? like from a 8 " to a 8.5", or do they have to remake the whole thing?

Found this in a pawn shop Tampa this afternoon. Not sure what the stone is made out of but pictures don't do it justice.

the way the stones are set in the beard on that one doesn't look so great.  maybe it just shows more on those pictures in the auction cause the area I'm tombout looks OK here:

not me, picture of the same piece from this thread though.  at first I didn't like the white stones in the head but then I realized it's the same as the Kanye version, white stones for thorns with yellow stones for blonde hair.  I still say that this christ looks best in all white or all yellow.  however I repost this picture to make the point that if you encountered this piece in person it prolly shines pretty tough. (edit/grammar)

Last edited:
I have very little knowledge when it comes to jewelry, I know the price of gold fluctuates. I was wondering if the prices on sarraf are the norm? example this one http://www.sarraf.com/products/18k-Gold-Franco-Chain-2mm-28-Inches.html

Appreciate the help.
For Sarraf it depends on the piece. That chain is 59/gram for 18k with the 10% off discount. I would call and tell them you won't pay more than 55/gram. Those chains are machine made and very common so if you shop around you can probably find it for 55/g. Call up Daniels or GoldnDiamonds Tampa. They might have one at a good price. I'm thinking of paying 52/g for a 14k medal from Sarraf because they are Italian made and very very hard to find and i know he pays a bit more for them. 

anyone ever changed yellow gold to white?  with rhodium I mean?  it seems that I get mixed reviews about this, that it's something you don't ever wanna do or that it works out OK. 

anyone ever changed yellow gold to white?  with rhodium I mean?  it seems that I get mixed reviews about this, that it's something you don't ever wanna do or that it works out OK. 
do what you want ...........idk why you would make white gold yellow gold though........ive made some white pieces yellow though 

do what you want ...........idk why you would make white gold yellow gold though........ive made some white pieces yellow though 

This seems like it would be harder than the reverse. How did you do it? Yellow can be turned to white easily, the key is that you need a thick coat of rhodium. I remember Icee Fresh and other jewelers plating stainless Super Avengers gold back in the day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom