**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Personally, I don't care as long as the gold shade is close to the same. My coin bezel pendant is a different story because the coin is 22kt with a mix of copper alloy so it has a rose sheen to it.

Mentioning my coin bezel pendant reminds me, I got a quote from a local jeweler to put an opening bail so I can wear it on the cuban and take it off easily. Will also preserve the slim look without making the bail massive (think George Gets it Done jesus piece). I hope to drop it off this week, jeweler said he would reinforce the loop and install the bail for $250.

if they close in color dont matter imo if i had the pendant and copped a new chain or vice versa, but if i was buying fresh id do the same
Already got a pendant, its 14. Gonna shop around and see the diff. Still havent settled on what mm cuban i want.

I wear this pretty much everyday 65g 24k

I need to get a matching chain!
64AAB887-4223-480A-A158-E6C5A7F4EE15.jpeg

I think 10k-18k there is not much difference in gold color from my experience and not really noticeable.
I think the biggest factor is the fabricator and location.
I seen these Far Eastgold and it does have that deep gold color.
I got 4 different Miami’s n there really is no difference between 10k n 14k.
I also have 18k made in Dubai that doesn’t have that cheese color. But I got a 18k from Bahrain that is blatantly cheesy in color. I can’t really speak on 22k and up.

I think 10k-18k there is not much difference in gold color from my experience and not really noticeable.
I think the biggest factor is the fabricator and location.
I seen these Far Eastgold and it does have that deep gold color.
I got 4 different Miami’s n there really is no difference between 10k n 14k.
I also have 18k made in Dubai that doesn’t have that cheese color. But I got a 18k from Bahrain that is blatantly cheesy in color. I can’t really speak on 22k and up.
Yea I wonder what makes the difference.. maybe what other metals they mix in with the gold?
When I was looking for my bracelet reys told me their 18k is more “dark and red” compared to other places that are more bright yellow. That made me go back to Daniels, theirs is bright yellow, cheesy af which is what I wanted

this is the first day I got it. More dull now but still bright and cheesy
BF0E72DA-CDAB-4B68-A326-D4135505A0EC.jpeg
717D3091-A841-40F4-BED0-5AD336C1C575.jpeg

bonus pic lol
D4C3AAF5-A482-464C-BA60-A14457BD18D0.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably depends on how much copper or silver or whatever alloys they use for the 25% that isnt gold. Id guess more reddish color, theres more copper in the 25%

Got it out of storage. About 2inches, including the bale.

20201103_165203.jpg
20201103_165151.jpg

Thinking 26in? Not sure about thickness. Any inputs?
Stones look huge! How many carats?
The bale looks on point to. I would go 7mm for a Miami or 5-6mm on rope.
26 inches is perfect.

If I was to buy my own melee diamonds what is the average size diamond used to make a piece paved. Not big rocks but normal common size

So after this election turn out you guys still buying hand made “miami Cuban” links? :rofl:
might as well get Italian made at this point.
Its quiet, unless i can find a jeweler in the actual island of cuba lol

Back
Top Bottom