**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Had a question can a cuban link be handmade is any size? Like 3mm,4mm,5mm or when its that small does it need to be machine made?
can it be handmade in any size? pretty much. im sure it gets tricky once you go under 3mm.
does it make sense too? not always, machine will turn out quicker and more consistent quality so you wont find many jewlers willing to put the labor into a small cuban.
(hand made = more labor=higher cost)

Had a question can a cuban link be handmade is any size? Like 3mm,4mm,5mm or when its that small does it need to be machine made?

from my understanding when i was doing research i saw that anything under 5 or 5.5 mm is machined, i could be wrong tho

Screenshot_20201109-143523_Samsung Internet.jpg

can it be handmade in any size? pretty much. im sure it gets tricky once you go under 3mm.
does it make sense too? not always, machine will turn out quicker and more consistent quality so you wont find many jewlers willing to put the labor into a small cuban.
(hand made = more labor=higher cost)

from my understanding when i was doing research i saw that anything under 5 or 5.5 mm is machined, i could be wrong tho

Thanks

ok cool because was looking at a 5mm Cuban and they are saying it is handmade but I was worried it was a lie because did not know that people handmade them at 5mm. Also, why don't I ever see handmade curb and Figaro chains?

Thanks

ok cool because was looking at a 5mm Cuban and they are saying it is handmade but I was worried it was a lie because did not know that people handmade them at 5mm. Also, why don't I ever see handmade curb and Figaro chains?
5mm is still a decent size, i wouldnt be too worried as long as you trust the jewelers craftmanship.
curbs got over shadowed by miami cubans.
figs are just out of fashion which isnt a bad thing. less people gunning for them so youll prob find a better deal on them. (less of a premium)

Reactions: g14

anything is possible when you consider the crazy pave work that is done & all the watch servicing that is done, I mean they do take it all apart/put it back together again but it's prolly easier to just have a machine churn them out, costs way less in labour too I would imagine.

have we been keeping an eye on akons jewels?!
havent been on NT in like a year.

seen him on tysons show and vlads sporting some serious diamond links.
pendents are weird in style but chunky. You can tell his well tapped in africa.
(speaks about being in the diamond business and blood diamonds and etc)
he has a nice eye of horus/ra piece though.

which also leads me to a davido interview where he says they out there cracking you over the head with high prices and sub par work ( he was icebox) for pieces.

akon-2020-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

it’s cuz these idiots out here in the US and other places keep paying OD Crazy Mark ups on “diamonds” which are readily available for everyone and should be dirt cheap or at least reasonable. It’s not even like they are rare which always makes me laugh. You already know the marketing and branding of diamonds started from way back and all the De Beers stuff.

DavidO and Akon are right though and a bunch of other guys out that way are basically paying close to nothing or stupid cheap.

anything is possible when you consider the crazy pave work that is done & all the watch servicing that is done, I mean they do take it all apart/put it back together again but it's prolly easier to just have a machine churn them out, costs way less in labour too I would imagine.

daniels service boy was trying to tell me
4-5mm was handmade but clearly wasn’t. Chico was just trying to secure a sale & get my chain off my neck as a trade in. glad i didnt because soon as the hang straight test failed would’ve been up in that place heated...danni boy if u reading this..tell your workers dont lie to them folks thats a robbery just as bad as that movie you posted 😂

thats why i mess with reys she keep it funky & told me go 5.5-6 if you want handmade

these are called LeVian? their parrot watch looks interesting. they can't get a crystal that's less reflective tho? I like Cartier's big cat watches but man they're expensive.

Diplomats pendant on fleabay for just about 24k (24 thou that is):
s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

129 grams of 10 karat gold, approximately 12 carats diamonds

these are called LeVian? their parrot watch looks interesting. they can't get a crystal that's less reflective tho? I like Cartier's big cat watches but man they're expensive.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

It’s not even one of the original pieces 👎

Reactions: g14

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg

this Cams? Or Dukes

24k for the dipset chain? lolololol

i had that same pendant don omar had! which is crazy, mines was a white/yellow gold pieta Michelangelo piece that i picked up on vacation in FL my cuban was a bit longer than that though roughly same MM though. been looking for that ever since i sold mines..

That dip set piece looks like the trash joint King Johnny/Jimmy Boi made for Juelz a few years back. Funny bc Cam had Avianne make him an eagle shortly after that smokes that joint.

That dip set piece looks like the trash joint King Johnny/Jimmy Boi made for Juelz a few years back. Funny bc Cam had Avianne make him an eagle shortly after that smokes that joint.
yeah Cam's recent piece was emoji_fire when I sawr it on instagram, pretty sure that av just posted it or maybe that's another piece. looks bright like the piece I am remembering. that fleabay piece does look like 1 that Juelz Santana had but who knows.

24k for the dipset chain? lolololol

i had that same pendant don omar had! which is crazy, mines was a white/yellow gold pieta Michelangelo piece that i picked up on vacation in FL my cuban was a bit longer than that though roughly same MM though. been looking for that ever since i sold mines..
these cats in the BX that an NTer posted may have had it, maybe not the exact piece but they had the pieta. they appeared to be the type of jewelers who have a bunch of those hallow/thin 10 karat gold CZ Jesus pieces but they had many other pendants.

Back
Top Bottom