**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

ding ding ding hit the nail in the head everyone said reys reys reys started doing my own research to see which jeweler would respect my dollar the most and reys was hitting me with rape prices smh so i bailed out from him and continued to look around and couldnt be more satisfied with the route i took and if i had to do it all over ill stick with the jeweler i went with!!
You Being super dramatic, “respect my dollar” like you some Boss and “rape” prices because it’s a few dollars more per gram, you should respect his craftsmanship.

Especially Rey being a 1 man show I’m surprised they haven’t been taxing more from jump.
He don’t understand that. The more workers making chains means you can sell more chains faster and probably get a little better price on wholesale and making it easier to cover all your costs. A one man show means selling less and more time consuming so less money is made overall.

What’s the going rate for 14k now?

Also I can agree with the comments about Leon, idk if they don’t dip their Cubans but at least in pics they look dull. Could also be that most of the stuff they take pics of is 10k.

Good question. I see gold is down again. I got my chain for $41/gram and then the weight it went over they gave to me at $36. Guessing, depending on who you call its still gonna be somewhere between $40-$50 at the main spots

Yeah pics are gonna be all over the place because these jewelers are most likely using different cameras in different lighting, even on their own social media.
Here is a quick pic of two chains on Reys IG.
Left is 10k, right is 14k
To me, the left looks like it would be more pure than the right, but its prob more just a difference in lighting thing
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 8.30.50 AM.png

All Im saying is if judging solely by pics, you might not be getting an accurate representation of what its gonna look like in person

Good question. I see gold is down again. I got my chain for $41/gram and then the weight it went over they gave to me at $36. Guessing, depending on who you call its still gonna be somewhere between $40-$50 at the main spots

Yeah pics are gonna be all over the place because these jewelers are most likely using different cameras in different lighting, even on their own social media.
Here is a quick pic of two chains on Reys IG.
Left is 10k, right is 14k
To me, the left looks like it would be more pure than the right, but its prob more just a difference in lighting thing
Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 8.30.50 AM.png

All Im saying is if judging solely by pics, you might not be getting an accurate representation of what its gonna look like in person
Depending on the spot, not all 14k has the same shade of “yellow”.

How do you all decide you want a chain that has to be a certain amount of grams?

The more you look at them the more you get familiar with what you want. Also trying on different chains helps to decide what's best for you. I copped my chain with no real research back in 2015 a 14k 26" 6.5mm 96.8 grams with a sub-par Jesus Piece and ended up spending more on the piece than the actual chain. Looking back I should of just got a chunky chain with no piece.

You Being super dramatic, “respect my dollar” like you some Boss and “rape” prices because it’s a few dollars more per gram, you should respect his craftsmanship.
When it comes to someones money they can do whatever they want with it,, who said i dont respect his craftmanship? His product aint my cup of tea if its your cup of tea more power to you,, 👍

He don’t understand that. The more workers making chains means you can sell more chains faster and probably get a little better price on wholesale and making it easier to cover all your costs. A one man show means selling less and more time consuming so less money is made overall.
Ok you got it reys is the best and people should only go to reys and not explore other options.. im gonna be a sheep and follow what you say on niketalk i apologize

Ok you got it reys is the best and people should only go to reys and not explore other options.. im gonna be a sheep and follow what you say on niketalk i apologize

Nothing wrong with shopping around with the other reputable shops. I would appreciate a cheaper price per gram when purchasing something heavier like your 400+ gram Cuban. In the end your chain came out looking nice and they gave you a better deal. Win-win situation.

Also stumbled upon this on Limaxi’s IG. Looks like it might be porosity.
20DF861F-B259-46D6-B88D-E170B7DCB870.jpeg

Last edited:
Can i see your reys setup!!!!! Since hes the only cuban maker in the whole wide world ,, i got another 20k and i want to give him my money
Didn’t say he was but you came off crazy feeling yourself because you got your chain and was sounding disrespectful. It’s not always about money but you seem to have that upper echelon attitude since you have a little cheese to spend.

Nothing wrong with shopping around with the other reputable shops. I would appreciate a cheaper price per gram when purchasing something heavier like your 400+ gram Cuban. In the end your chain came out looking nice and they gave you a better deal. Win-win situation.

Also stumbled upon this on Limaxi’s IG;
20DF861F-B259-46D6-B88D-E170B7DCB870.jpeg
Made perf sense what u saying im not here to argue with anyone but just enjoy jewelry like everyone else... wherever anyone takes their money i respect it 100%

Didn’t say he was but you came off crazy feeling yourself because you got your chain and was sounding disrespectful. It’s not always about money but you seem to have that upper echelon attitude since you have a little cheese to spend.
disrespectful?? U must have me confused fam anyone who knows me personally knows im far from that... i could care less that i bought a chain that doesnt make or break me as a person its something ive always wanted since i was a teen and was able to fullfill a goal on my bucket list,, im a regular person like you g.... this isnt about money either cuz i was broke at one point and found a way to get some bread it was hard earned .. im here to see ppls jewels and be happy with/for them on their purchases

Back
Top Bottom