**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Gotta be honest. I was on the fence about buying a SS Breitling. After reading all of this, I've decided not to purchase it. I'll go with something wayyyyyy cheaper that tells the same time but still looks nice.

Aside from precious metals or stones, a good time piece was first and foremost all about it's mechanics and inner workings. Idc how "obsolete" they get, I'll always appreciate a quality watch regardless of its material composition.

Pointless to argue with cats who don't understand what they are purchasing. Buddy really said we are in an Asian bubble right now lol .that statement right there told me who was in this conversation. Not worth wasting your breath.

Then ninja brings up a rolex in god knows what condition on eBay haha this thread man.

What happened to icebox posting pics?

Gotta be honest. I was on the fence about buying a SS Breitling. After reading all of this, I've decided not to purchase it. I'll go with something wayyyyyy cheaper that tells the same time but still looks nice.

The real question is what drew you to the watch in the first place just curious.

Aside from precious metals or stones, a good time piece was first and foremost all about it's mechanics and inner workings. Idc how "obsolete" they get, I'll always appreciate a quality watch regardless of its material composition.

Pointless to argue with cats who don't understand what they are purchasing. Buddy really said we are in an Asian bubble right now lol .that statement right there told me who was in this conversation. Not worth wasting your breath.

Then ninja brings up a rolex in god knows what condition on eBay haha this thread man.

What happened to icebox posting pics?
:lol: Theres a reason there's a jewelry thread & a time piece thread Ijs

The real question is what drew you to the watch in the first place just curious.

It had a diamond bezel and I liked it's size. My friend has a Rolex Submariner he let me try on and it looked like a woman's watch on me. For clarification I'm a big dude. 6ft, 330lbs, and no neck. A 30in chain on me looks like a 24-26 on most others. Maybe I'll just buy an Invicta. [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]

It had a diamond bezel and I liked it's size. My friend has a Rolex Submariner he let me try on and it looked like a woman's watch on me. For clarification I'm a big dude. 6ft, 330lbs, and no neck. A 30in chain on me looks like a 24-26 on most others. Maybe I'll just buy an Invicta. [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji]
Nothing wring with practicality.not the same style by any means but Have you ever looked at panerai or hublot?

Nothing wring with practicality.not the same style by any means but Have you ever looked at panerai or hublot?

Yes I have. Not really into major expensive watches. In fact the thought of me spending 15 grand on a watch was just stupid to me but I tried to justify it in my head with the whole you only live once motto. Breitling watches is the only major brand to really catch my eye. I can see where Ninjahood is coming from in his statements about precious metal watches though. Thanks for the suggestions though Monstar. By the way did you get "Monstar" from the old cartoon show "Silverhawks"?

Is it better to buy a gold rope new or used? I'm looking to get a 4-5mm 50-60 gram 14K diamond cut gold rope chain.

What would be a good price? I found a used 5.5mm 50gram for $1339 , good price?

When's the new update video coming? "Porsche money" lol classic. It's time for a new one huh? Show off what your room looks like 10 yr later with the chain. "Porsche money b" I still tell my friends that line all the time

When's the new update video coming? "Porsche money" lol classic. It's time for a new one huh? Show off what your room looks like 10 yr later with the chain. "Porsche money b" I still tell my friends that line all the time
Man this ain't the thread for that. Why y'all popping schift unnecessarily.

Paul Singer's 4th quarter letter a month ago talked about a chinese consumption bubble

Not saying that hes correct, but your "whos in the conversation" comment would either mean im a rube and a pawn of elite hedge fund managers, or else that elite hedge fund managers are clueless

So i think youre either a putz or else you need to get off nt and back to your bloomberg terminal cause your times valuable

No my comment meant that the people engaged in the conversation do not care about the mechanics performance or quality of the time pieces discussed.

And last I checked his comments were about the Asian market not the resale or rest of the globe in general.

Everyone knows that the Chinese culture is heavily into luxury priced items frona cultural standpoint but to group the rest of the world with them is hilarious to say the least

So go do some more research but dont read one article and make that the end all be all lol. We resorting to name calling now to lol

Back
Top Bottom