The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

If anyone needs a size 8 in the Olympic cw, there's a pair on eBay for retail shipped.

Still looking for retail breds

fine-print-air-jordan-31-2_ogkqlc.jpg
Them outsoles makes these things look terrible for actually hooping.  Where's the traction and the grip on those thangs, man?

But the more I look at these things overall, the more I might consider them as part of my casual rotation along with my other Retro Jordans that I don't hoop with.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@BigJNY88 traction is fine man.
I'll take your word for it then, the mass advertising of this shoe via all the pics of everyone's 2016 Breds............now I kinda want a pair of these 31s now (especially that Blk/Wht/Gry colorway).

Just a heads up...other than these releasing today at select HOH they will have a wider release on september 17th.

[quote name="Evo45" url="/t/646953/the-official-jordan-xxx1-thread-retail-185-00-banned-release-september-3/2520#post_26465670"
Today was a good day!!!View media item 2154535 [/quote]

My mans got the triple threat on deck [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Last edited:
I went to Foot Locker later on after picking up the 1 and decided to get these as well. I really like this sneaker and will likely pick up the black/white as well. 

I've only skipped rope in the Olympic pair and while I can't speak for the traction on court I enjoyed the fit and comfort. 

The Banned 31s look better than the USA and the Fine Print 31s look better than all the Banned and USAs but I still don't like the shoe overall. I think gradient pattern looks awful on shoes. I wish gradient was made illegal. Nobody has been able to execute gradient pattern that looks nice, either on shoes, jerseys, clothes or on anything. Just my opinion.

The difference between the 31s and their recent predecessors is that so far all colorways to be released look good.
For the xx8, xx9 and xxx the majority of released colorways were not much appealing.

Really excited about the fine print colorway.

Simple colorways executed well >>>> flimsy gimmicks and backstories

Hooped in the USA's for 3 hours yesterday.  Super comfortable and light.  The shoe was very responsive and the traction was great! No slips and I was putting cats on skates like a Ball is Life mix tape! (Not really but it felt like it). The XXXI stayed sticky and gave a good court squeak the entire 3 hours. (Average rec center/church court) Performance wise, I'm putting it above Kobe 10 ,11, Jordan 30 and possibly the 29.  I haven't played in the Kobe 9 in awhile but the 31 may edge them out too! Trust me...

laugh.gif
 Seriously, it performs well!

I like how they are so far matching 1 c/w's with these, was just thinking today a sbb c/w would be sick

Or even black and gold :nerd:

Why are he traction reviews so different across the board? Really about to get a pair but if traction is bad it's a no go

Really excited about the fine print colorway.

Simple colorways executed well >>>> flimsy gimmicks and backstories

All colorways are fite and i like that they have a colorway that pays tribute to the heritage of the shoe that started it all.

BTW...the fine print colorway has a "gimmick" and a backstory soooooo the logic in this post......... lol

Last edited:
All colorways are fite and i like that they have a colorway that pays tribute to the heritage of the shoe that started it all.

BTW...the fine print colorway has a "gimmick" and a backstory soooooo the logic in this post......... lol

It's a black and white shoe.

Yes, it has a back story.

I dislike, as I stated originally, "flimsy" gimmicks and backstories.

So, sell me the shoe with solid execution, save the unnecessary, contrived story.

I don't need Jordan Brand to sell me "Master 12's" especially if he's actually wearing Taxi's in the OG poster.

View media item 2155080
Ran about an hour of playtime in these, break in period is minimal, though I'm a bit wide footed, there was slight pressure on the pinky but it went away once I started running.

As others have stated, the comfort/cushioning is great! The heel/ankle pods are not uncomfortable like the 30's, they give you great lockdown.

Breathabity is still up in the air for me, but after the second game I had to take them off to cool off.

Traction was great, I didnt get to test them on hardwood floor so thats still up in the air but the squeak is there.

Overall I give these a 9/10, only deducting for breathability and slight pinky pinch (though I'm slightly wide footed)

Back
Top Bottom