The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Awesome man!! I just ordered mine today, Should get here by Wednesday.
smile.gif

This color better than the Fine Prints in person?
It depends on what you want from the shoe. They're so different I think a better comparison is the Banned. I like it better than the Banned because the design and colors are unusual. We've seen a million different takes on the Bulls uniform... it always look good but what else can you do? The Backboards are pretty different and bold.

The Fine Print is a pretty mellow colorway and blends in much more. It's really the dress version of the shoe... you could probably wear it formally in some way, some how. The Shattered Backboard on the other is just like Trump... loud and orange.
laugh.gif

Ok so I finally got to hoop in my 31's, hooped in them all day yesterday and today. Overall, I liked them very much. I had absolutely no issues with traction. I play on fairly well maintained floors, re-waxed about twice a year. For reference, I have no issues with my Kobe XI on these floors either, but the Lebron Soldier 10's were horrid on these floors (worst traction I have had in recent memory was in those soldiers)

The cushioning was more than adequate, it was nice to have a return to heel cushion. Although I like the fit of the XXX and XX9 a little more (I have narrow feet and did not have an issue with the achilles padding on those), these fit fine but were not as tailored so to speak. I can definitely see why more people, especially wide footers, may prefer the fit of the 31. Again I thought it was good, just not as fitted as the previous two models for me.

Ok so I finally got to hoop in my 31's, hooped in them all day yesterday and today. Overall, I liked them very much. I had absolutely no issues with traction. I play on fairly well maintained floors, re-waxed about twice a year. For reference, I have no issues with my Kobe XI on these floors either, but the Lebron Soldier 10's were horrid on these floors (worst traction I have had in recent memory was in those soldiers)

The cushioning was more than adequate, it was nice to have a return to heel cushion. Although I like the fit of the XXX and XX9 a little more (I have narrow feet and did not have an issue with the achilles padding on those), these fit fine but were not as tailored so to speak. I can definitely see why more people, especially wide footers, may prefer the fit of the 31. Again I thought it was good, just not as fitted as the previous two models for me.

Thanks for sharing. I hooped in mine as well and thought they were super comfortable (I have wide feet). I was previously using the lebron 13s and while those are a superb pair of shoes, they hurt my feet and toes after playing in them for extended periods. They just simply have too much plastic and fuse. The materials on the 31s on the other hand were soft and comfortable, even after lacing up pretty tight. I wouldn't mind having more cushioning, though.

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with black/red and black/white, but the execution on the gum sole on the SSB is what made the sale for me.

Last edited:
Had to choose between SBB 2.0 and these, and hit on the 2.0 this morning. Went to the mall later and saw these. Hoping they stick around NDC for a while.

Hopefully we'll see pics of these bad boys in the next coming days or so, we're only 2-3 weeks away from seeing both the 1s and 31s Black Toes..........so it shouldn't be too long until some pics come out for these.

But I wouldn't be shocked if they end up looking like a Red version of the SBB 31s

Hopefully we'll see pics of these bad boys in the next coming days or so, we're only 2-3 weeks away from seeing both the 1s and 31s Black Toes..........so it shouldn't be too long until some pics come out for these.

But I wouldn't be shocked if they end up looking like a Red version of the SBB 31s
This is what I'm hoping for.

Minus the gum bottoms I'm to assume?

Can anyone who's good at PS, take a crack at making a pair of SBB into the Black Toes?

1's...

View media item 2193325

I got the Banned and Fine Prints, but couldn't pull the trigger on the SBBs.  I am going to try to chill until the Space Jams, but if the black toes look fire, I know I will give in.

I can't believe we're 3 1/2 weeks away from what is presumably the CHI colorway dropping and there are no pics at all.

Back
Top Bottom