The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

So much going on, yet still sort of boring. I'll check for the Olympic edition, but I've lowered my expectations for aesthetics in this line and this shoe does nothing to change that.

Interesting they are going back to basics with this shoe. I wonder is this is the XXX that was scrapped or something else they came up with. Probably the latter
I'm sure not. As far as i know the initial xxx was not satisfying in performance probably because the design structure was too radical or too clunky.
These are clearly using combat proven design elements while having a reminiscent shape of the AJ 1.

I'm 100% sure that's a WINGS logo on the right upper medial side of the shoe. Just zoom in. Pretty unmistakable.

Still prefer the bred cw over the olympic cw.

^^^ just look at all that real estate in the back though
I get it. I understand the gripe. However, I think its a thoughtful design with the space. You have a really busy fading pattern starting at the toe leading the eye towards two competing logos. That's a lot to handle visually. I think that after all that, the space is needed to break up the visual that has already been taken in. That break leads to that nicely placed, almost hidden, wings logo. I think its quite nice.

Last edited:
Kind of loving these from the front though.

That's the problem, these shoes have moments of brilliance but overall it's like too many ideas were thrown at the wall at once.

I like eating soup and cereal but there is no way in hell I'd want to mix my favorite soup and my favorite cereal together.

I like that olympic colorway, reminds me of the true blues. The Jumpman is still way to big though. I could have dealt with double branding (triple if you coun´t the wings logo) if it was a more subtle Jumpman like the one on 11s, but this looks weird

these would be a lot better without that huge jumpman on the side of the shoe.

First, let me say I do like the shoe, but I think they did make a mistake with the big Jumpman. The shoe could've been the future of Jordan and STILL have that throwback feel honoring the 1. They should've skipped the use of that big Jumpman and just put the Wings logo in the same place as the 1...so have the faded swoosh and the wings logo(like the 1)on the outer part of the shoe. Then, for the medial side, no faded swoosh, but just a small Jumpman embossed or colored on the inner ankle(directly opposite of the Wings logo from the outer). So the outer would be the Wings logo(old school)and the inner the Jumpman(new school)...but a small Jumpman at that. I think that would've combined old and new...but that's what I would've done as a designer. *shrugs*

I agree that the large jumpman on the lateral side is overkill.  But I do like the look of the Olympics colorway.  

Looking forward in seeing if Jordan Brand will bring out other colorways from the Holy Trinity/Quartet.

Who knows... The AJ29 launched with two different patterns on the upper.  Hopefully the future releases of the 31s will follow suit.

We'll just have to wait for the reveal.

Wouldn't be surprised if they put them on nikeid and for an additional 40 or 50 bucks you can replace the jumpman with the wings logo or leave it blank

****, it looks like they have zoom in heel , i might cop, the usa colorway is pretty dope, ha it even rhymes :tongue:

These are a disappointment.

Does not look like a worthy signature model.

And a swoosh does not belong on this shoe after not being a focal point other than heel or insole branding for 30 years.

I like the shoe and so far like both color ways (I like the Bred color way more). I agree with everyone though that the jumpman needs to be gone or moved to the heel.

What I would've done is had the swoosh be the same color as the upper on the outside and on the inside had it be visible. I also would've moved the jumpman to the heel and made it smaller. That would looked good to me and not make the Nike sign as much of a focal point in a Jordan shoe while still being there as a nod to the Jordan 1

Last edited:
Can't wait to see in person to judge but I really can't see how more time was spent on these than the previous model, some angles I can see the 1 shapishy ehh.....not gonna dwn jus yet need to really see....

You guys dissing the XXX and waiting for this :lol:

This rollout was a failure with Jimmy Butler wearing them so early. They should have had him in the XXX until the launch.

The swoosh to jumpman transition is interesting. Looks like it will be good for basketball, but I'm interested in the specs.

Frankly I think the hyperdunk looks better

Back
Top Bottom