The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

While these don't look revolutionary unlike the debut of the xx8, i must say these look really good on feet. Don't know how the black/reds look in real but the USA colorway looks very fresh and good for casual wear.

While these don't look revolutionary unlike the debut of the xx8, i must say these look really good on feet. Don't know how the black/reds look in real but the USA colorway looks very fresh and good for casual wear.
exactly, no wow factor at all

I think the wow factor is the Swoosh on an air jordan sig model.

I personally love them and think JB did a great job. They didn't do too much. There was the era of doing wayyyy too much with a JB sig model which im glad is over and it looks like it is back to simplicity and performance.

Low key think they just grabbed a Nike test model and threw a Jumpman on it so they can sell them through JB.

I think the wow factor is the Swoosh on an air jordan sig model.

I personally love them and think JB did a great job. They didn't do too much. There was the era of doing wayyyy too much with a JB sig model which im glad is over and it looks like it is back to simplicity and performance.
I agree, the Nike logo IS the wow factor. Totally unexpected for a new Air Jordan.

The debut of course was calculated marketing. Jimmy, Melo and Victor were all wearing the shoe. The buzz is here; I'm excited about these and their simplicity... Never could cross 'casual' with the recent year's performance models, but these are the bridge for me.

Last edited:
melo has his own shoe to wear but they are making him wear the XXXI since russ is not there

General Consensus appears to be: We dig the swoosh its that stupid Jumpan that totally kills the back of the shoe.

Last edited:
Should have had all Nike players wear them. KD/ Kyrie leave their sig model at home. Now there is some hype.

Hey guys promoting your own personal brand.
If you'd kindly all just promote the shoes we pay russ and kawai the big bucks for, thatd be super.
Please think bro

Modern shoes will never have the "cool" appeal of old ones because of the big differences in the materials used. It's cool to wear leather and canvas on the street, but those materials aren't coming back to the basketball court. The era of leather or nubuck uppers on premium performance shoes is long gone. It's not just Jordan-- I don't think anyone will be making a technical performance shoe with crossover appeal anytime soon. That said, I like these and look forward to trying them on.

Its amazing to see all the haters come out every time a new Sig shoe shows up. Honestly; I don't think any of you can be pleased. The Air Jordan has been the staple for basketball shoes for the last 30+ years!! Sure; some aren't exactly appealing on the eyes (XVs anyone?), but they are BASKETBALL SHOES, 1st and foremost. I can promise you that these bad boys will perform like beasts!! Having said that; I'll be that cat in the minority to say I like the Big Jumpman! Never had issues with it on the 2012s or the XX9s. I guess its just all about personal preference; if you don't like them, don't buy them! More for me!!

S.N.: Can't wait for tomorrow!! Just sayin'!!

If only the Jumpman were smaller.

I'm not sure if I'm one of those haters TLW, but I love the XVs, and I have practically every AJ sig that's come out. Personally I'm just against heavy branding, my favorite AJs and sneakers in general have subtle branding. This has an element of cool to it, because of the swoosh but the total package is pretty tacky. I'm sure they'll be great to ball in after I'm done with my XX8s, XX9s, and XXXs.

Last edited:
It's amazing to see all the fanatics come out every time a new sig shows up and give it a pass. Because it is a Jordan Sig. Honestly; I don't think any of you can be disappointed and will accept everything.

It's amazing to see all the fanatics come out every time a new sig shows up and give it a pass. Because it is a Jordan Sig. Honestly; I don't think any of you can be disappointed and will accept everything.
Pretty much ... Dudes are sheep if this was a team Jordan none of the people saying its fire would cop

Pretty much ... Dudes are sheep if this was a team Jordan none of the people saying its fire would cop

I hate the whole "they're performance sneakers first blah blah blah". That *wasn't stopping a lot of the Lebron, KD, and Kobe sigs from looking good with the same tech.

Last edited:
Some interesting ideas but really poorly executed. The swoosh AND the jumpan really looks like a knock off where some Chinese site throws all the logos up there. Too much color on the gradient stripe on the sole, minimalist upper is simply not gonna look good in some CWs... just pretty poor all round. 

Is that a wings logo on the medial collar? Like, its even embossed like my concept... except punched in instead of raised.

The term you're looking for is "debossed" :lol:

Pretty much agreed with the consensus in here though regarding them being held back by the XL Jumpman logo, and I also agree that the shoe itself looks like a variety of models we've seen before.

All that said, I don't quite feel one way or the other about them yet.

Underwhelmed. No swoosh, lose the jump man, solid midsole, and add embossed wings would probably be better IMO. I was more excited too see the Hyperdunk elite 2016. Maybe the fine print will save the shoe.  Russ will more than likely have some sick PE's like the last two models. 

Back
Top Bottom