The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

I can appreciate what they tried to do with these. I personally never liked the 1 Silhouette at all so the design doesn't appeal to me at all. Only appeal would be the apparent comfort. Would like to try them on at least.

Copped.

Signed up for early access.

Will cop *MULTIPLE* Banned 1's as well. <---This is a requirement

It's LIT [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]
nerd.gif

So they have showed 3 of the first 4 Colorways. But no picture of the FINE PRINTS. Must be a quick strike. Hopefully they are worth the suspense.

The people have spoken JB. Remove the Jumpman. 

Its an overwhelming majority here hating it. Just do this one alteration.

Does it not bother you that you're this close to perfection? Make the change.

​Also, shame on you for using synthetic leather on the heel. That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
I think it interesting that the Hyperdunk Elite is more expensive than the XXX1. Nike jb pricing is all over the place.

They just really didn't do anything exciting with this shoe. It's just a Superfly with a half Nike logo on it. All the tech is old and nothing is innovative. Snooze. Is there a price yet? Better not be more than $150.

They just really didn't do anything exciting with this shoe. It's just a Superfly with a half Nike logo on it. All the tech is old and nothing is innovative. Snooze. Is there a price yet? Better not be more than $150.
$185 per the giant lettering in the title.  

I wouldn't say that the tech is old.  I don't know that we have seen unlocked heel zoom.

Not all great Jordans have new technology.
Look at the 5, 6, 10, 12, 14, 15. None of them incorporated new technology over their previous models.
Does that make them not worthy air Jordans?

Man, I want to love them, because they seem like good on court shoes, but the nike and jumpman logo is just too weird looking :smh: . Sounds like a promising shoe though, I will def. cop if/when on discount.

Ahhhh man, so many thoughts on the XXXIs...

The heel pods and FlightSpeed cushioning setup looks to be out of this world! Great to see the continued progression in that regard with each of the recent flagship Air Jordans. Anti Gravity Machines, indeed :nthat: ...

that inner bootie on the ankle should be great for comfort as well. I like the height it adds to the silhouette and effectively brings out the DNA from the 1 ...

BUT the Jumpman and the swoosh so proximate to each other on the shoe is not working for me :x : to say it represents the transition from the past to present is barely neat in theory and clearly less than in execution ...

on the 2011s we got treated to handcrafted Patina leather; five years later, the use of synthetic leather on these is dispiriting ...

THAT BIG *** "BANNED" ON THE OUTSOLE IS WACK AF. It's bad enough this is like the 4th or 5th iteration of the "new and improved AJ1," but to so animatedly lean on a shortsighted nba policy and subsequent marketing gimmick from three decades ago :smh: ...

HOPEFULLY, the shoe can be salvaged through variations in the upper patterns and logo placement, as we've seen with the xx8's and xx9s recently and other remixes like .5s and SEs through the years. Wrap the old wings logo- or even the new version we saw in the early leak - around the heel counter like the XXXs, or maybe just move the Jumpman there...

AND if we can't get that, throw em up on NIKEid with as many color options as the 1s had back in 85 :nerd: ...

OVERALL, IMO, this model, looks-wise, from what has been seen thus far, zigged with the zigs - where traditionally we could expect the new Air Jordan to zag. The shoe "fits in" with the current design vernacular of the basketball shoe market and does its best attempt at standing out with an obnoxious utilization of co-branding. Nonetheless, aesthetics aside :rolleyes, you have to consider the shoe a success in terms of pushing innovation with the refinements to the tech that went into it. Ultimately, I'm sure I'll own a pair.

CC: Tate Kuerbis (and whoever else had a part in bringing this forward)

Agreed on all this, especially the BANNED BS. After 30 years you really have to rehash some old BS and that too make it so prominent. They could've put it on the insole and called it a day.

Shoe is super basic on the overall and as most people feel - the Jumpman and Swoosh on the lateral side is not executed welll. Should've just kept the Wings logo and the Swoosh and left it at that. $185 is pretty steep too - this shoe should have a MRSP of no more than $140 in my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom