The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Logo placement messes up the design for most of the Jordan brand shoes. Jumbo jumpman makes most of their shoes look even worse in my opinion

They need to really color the Jumpman logo to blend with the leather color. The contrast is just too much but it does have potential. A murdered out black one would be dope.

Dat jackson pollock print on those takedown 8s lol
I kinda like the print... but not the imitation VIII. It's actually not that bad of a looking shoe, its just we're so spoiled and why buy that when you can buy the original design.
They need to really color the Jumpman logo to blend with the leather color. The contrast is just too much but it does have potential. A murdered out black one would be dope.
For sure. If they wanted the jumpman so badly, they could have, even with or without changing the size of the jumpman. 

(A) made the JM same color as heel of shoe 

(B)Fade the weave like the shoe

or myfavorite alteration 

(C) Put Jm on medial side of heel (inside) and put the Wings logo on the lateral side of the heel (outside) Then the shoe whould be a little more wearable on the fashion side of things. 

I still like the shoe a lot! Not Sure how I feel about the banned on the heel yet but its not that bad. 

Last edited:
will these be making outlet appearances? I actually like them and wouldn't mind playing in a pair but not for $185

Lol...shoe hasnt even dropped yet and you are asking if they will hit outlets haha...dude this is the reason they are using the cheaper material thesr days. If you dont wanna pay yhe $185 then gey a different shoe. There are plenty of cheaper shoes that are great to hoop in.

Last edited:
I can already tell that pics of the bottom of the banneds are going to be used anytime someone says something outlandish in here
laugh.gif

Could this possibly lead to:
AJ32 inspired by AJ2
AJ33 inspired by AJ3
AJ34 inspired by AJ4
etc??

One of the main things I was excited about before seeing the shoe was the use of leather, they put synthetic crap on there instead, just further reduces how I feel about em cuz the design is lacking to begin with IMO

One of the main things I was excited about before seeing the shoe was the use of leather, they put synthetic crap on there instead, just further reduces how I feel about em cuz the design is lacking to begin with IMO
they specifically said leather in the stream tho.

Lol...shoe hasnt even dropped yet and you are asking if they will hit outlets haha...dude this is the reason they are using the cheaper material thesr days. If you dont wanna pay yhe $185 then gey a different shoe. There are plenty of cheaper shoes that are great to hoop in.

What ? The cheaper is materials is why I wouldn't pay that price tag .

My question was also more directed to how will these sell? How have the 29s and 30s sold? did they hit the outlets ? I have no evidence to back this up but it seems like there isn't a high demand for these later models , IMO. Which is why JB resorted to this banned gimmick on these .

I think some still don't get the design concept at all.
The xxx1 is rather a homage to the original air jordan 1 and it's banned story.
The xxx1 are not supposed to be air jordan 1.0 or alphas.
The reason having the jumpman and faded swoosh so close is to display the change from the past to the present. Making the wings logo on the ankle part outside and making the swoosh too dominant makes them too similar like the 1.
They already have enough resemblance with the 1.
No need to overdo it.
Just hope they also bring a Chicago's colorway, yellow/midn.navy etc.

Last edited:

My question was also more directed to how will these sell? How have the 29s and 30s sold? did they hit the outlets ? I have no evidence to back this up but it seems like there isn't a high demand for these later models , IMO. Which is why JB resorted to this banned gimmick on these .
There will definitely be colorways that either hit Nike.com discount or the outlets.  I haven't seen the 30s at the outlets yet, but I have seen plenty of pairs of 29's.

I think some still don't get the design concept at all.
The xxx1 is rather a homage to the original air jordan 1 and it's banned story.
The xxx1 are not supposed to be air jordan 1.0 or alphas.
The reason having the jumpman and faded swoosh so close is to display the change from the past to the present. Making the wings logo on the ankle part outside and making the swoosh makes them too much like the 1.
They already have enough resemblance with the 1.
No need to overdo it.
Just hope they also bring a Chicago's colorway, yellow/midn.navy etc.

It can be influenced by anything I personally don't care about the reasons, a backstory doesn't make me auto like a new shoe coming out the shoe itself does

29's hit outlets, but not in huge amounts....30's are probably going to as well since they're on clearance on NDC and other places.

I think they sell ok, but like most of the other Nike signature lines (KD, Lebron, etc) high spec'd performance based shoes have lost their causal appeal for now. I think that's happened for a few reasons...one, right now people seem to be into runners and lower cut shoes and two, Nike has made it impossible to keep up with the releases - both in price point and the amount of colorways that come out.

It seems people buy these later model Jordans (and other sig shoes) to use them for what they were made for...playing basketball. People did the same with earlier Jordan's but they also were seen off the court. But now there's so much to choose from for casual shoes (retros, runners, Yeezys, etc) that the performance based shoes seems to stay on the court more.

I think these will sell.

In this pic where u cant really see the swoosh they look much better

View media item 2107873
still tho if u remove the logo theyre still uninspired to me.
i mean theyre an ok looking hoop shoe but were talking abkut air jordans.

look at 11 thru 14. The logo for the most part is an afterthought. The shoes were all something we had never seen before.

I cant explain it but there is a somewhat recognizable difference between a signature and non signature model....especially jordans.

these look like a flyknit nike hoops shoe.

Take the jumpman off these aint memorable.

Very interested to see how the full length zoom bag is going to work with the mesh style forefoot flight speed plate and the heel pods. It's almost like they are using the flight speed plate and the heel pods to turn the full length bag into a pseudo-articulated bag. It's a fascinating concept that should help with the flexibility, support, and responsiveness of a full length bag. I'm looking forward to trying them out on the court.
http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/jordan/jordan-ajxxxi

I don't love the aesthetics of the shoes, but I don't find them horrible either. They look good enough to play basketball in and I definitely won't be embarrassed to wear them. I've stopped listening to the storytelling from all the brands. It doesn't matter how they want to spin the shoe when I'm playing ball in them. They are either excellent, good, ok, or bad shoes on the court. That's all I care about.

I'm glad the price is down to $185. These will be even better on discount.

The design is trash, period... I'm sure they'll perform well on the court, but as a person who used to love Mikes for their innovative designs, I think these are trash... And modeling the 31 off the AJ1 is a trash and lazy idea. Save that hybrid crap for a "takedown" shoe. The Air Jordan line has always been about innovative designs, materials and tech... I've always viewed the Air Jordan line as the concept car of the basketball shoe world... Showing us what we can expect shoes to look like in the future. They can save that "homage" crap for another shoe... Consumers (including myself because I bought a pair.) let them get away with being lazy with the XXX's... And it looks like it's the same story with the XXX1's

Last edited:
I think these will sell.

look at 11 thru 14. The logo for the most part is an afterthought. The shoes were all something we had never seen before.

I cant explain it but there is a somewhat recognizable difference between a signature and non signature model....especially jordans.

They could remove the Jumpman and still have the tasteful one on the tongue. The original classics only had one on the tongue... Have you seen them with the Jumpman removed and nothing else altered? They look sick and ... classic.

If we're talking abkut air jordans, where is the 23 at on this shoe? It doesn't matter, none of that matters except for them being what they are. When people see them, think they're dope af and want to know what they are they'll soon find out that they're the newest Jordans. The Jumpman shouldn't sell the shoe.

Last edited:
I think these will sell.

View media item 2107873

Another angle where the swoosh is hardly visible:

View media item 2107952
If I still had to pick between picking up the AJ1 Black/Red or the AJ31 Banned on Sept 3rd... well duh. Still looking forward to other AJ31 colorways.

Back
Top Bottom