The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Sometimes the reviewers take an authoritative tone more than a subjective one, which at the end of the day that's what it is. Didn't agree with his review, he called the XXXIs a "retro 18", but he had a couple high notes and praised the fit, materials so it wasn't a total wash review ...he also said the KD9's were a "true full-length unlocked Zoom setup". They're not, its segmented Vis Zoom. I have both and prefer the XXXi, better containment which gives a better Zoom feel, easier to put on, lower to the ground. I think KickGenius got both the KD9 and XXXI (minus their traction take) reviews correct.

Last edited:
SB is probably my least liked reviewers, hate how that dude tries to sound fob-ish at times. They also feels a bit more "trying too hard" but when comparing perspectives on different shoes (like in CrazyLightBoost16s fit) it does help to have other opinions.

I like SneakerGearz take on shoes just because we both have wide and high-instep feet and he addresses it if it's an issue on certain shoes.

I don't really read shoe reviews anymore I just buy what I think looks cool and has decent cushioning

YouTuber "Prism Puertican" reminds of a coach who doesn't do analytics and sounds like my pops trying to review a shoe "we have the full length uhh air sole that compresses nicely as I was starting to drive" :lol:

Last edited:
Prof K's reviews were fun to read. I don't think that guy was built like an NBA player, just like NW and the other guys. But that's OK since most of the people who buy the shoes aren't either. All reviews are take them or leave them.

Yah... not everyone buys from NDC and not everyone buys Nike.

And not everyone has the money to spend X amount of dollars on shoes. If they look on YouTube and hear some reviews they can maybe convince themselves/parents to spend a few extra bucks. Choosing to spend 130 over previous Jordan/Nike prices.

I was hoping these would be a little sharper like the Kobe IX Perspectives. They're definitely not as 'loud'.

To each their own but these are really comfortable in my opinion. Definetely a step up from the 30s and even a bit better than the 29s IMO. I have a wider foot and these fit perfect!

How do these compare to the 28's comfort wise?  Are they as bouncy as the 28's were or are they kind of stiff on the bottom like the XX9 and XXX's?

With the reviewers I don't like the pretentious nature that KG and more specifically NW bring to the table. They only exist because of people online and yet they often talk down to them. At least the SB don't take themselves seriously what so ever. They remind me of Lil B in which they're so bad they're good. I do like the guy who does all of his reviews from the closet the best though. Very informative and not douchy. 

The problem is we're relying on YouTube dudes for in depth, accurate reviews. It's not like there's a performance shoe magazine/site with semi-pro athletes, doctors or collegiate/professional free lancers providing feedback. Like you'd need to have a center/guard/forward each provide their opinion and also hope they played in similar shoes so their comparisons are on an equal level.

How many hours did NW/KG play in the shoe? How many games did they play wi said shoe? What are the benchmarks they use? What are their skill levels?

All I saw was NW running around the court chucking shots up. With KG, the same high school dribbling/movement drills. I'll give NW some credit, he will discuss tech some times which I always find interesting. But that's the extent of my interest.

Internet 2.0 has given anyone a voice. Like someone said, buy the shoe from NDC, try it out for a week or two. Then make your decision.

Last edited:
I think critical thinking is the most important thing here.  If you have the right mindset, it will cut through all of the BS.

I hope no one relies solely on reviewers online.  I use them as a reference, along with what other people on forums say.  Even then, shoes are like food.  You won't know if you like it until you try it for yourself, no matter what the restaurant reviews say.

It's also important to remember that reviewers get shoes for free a lot of the time and have relationships with people at the companies.  I don't care what they say, that changes what a person will say and not say about a shoe vs. someone who pays out of pocket like a regular customer.

The overriding issue here to me isn't reviewers vs. no reviewers or this guy vs. that guy.  To me, it's more about people not being satisfied and wanting just a little more, wanting something just a little better.  We spend too much time looking at reviews and not enough actually playing or working out.  The way the market is right now, it's not that hard to find a good shoe to play in and it's been that way for a long, long time now. 

You walk into a store right now to pick a shoe and it's basically splitting hairs to me.

I like Bull (for his on feet looks) and Rich (although I can only take him in spurts). I also like Delz as well. He gets to the point (materials, quality, sizing, on feet, done) and seems like a humble dude.

Anybody have a pair and can tell me how do they fit compared to the XXX's? Are they as narrow ?

Last edited:
And not everyone has the money to spend X amount of dollars on shoes. If they look on YouTube and hear some reviews they can maybe convince themselves/parents to spend a few extra bucks. Choosing to spend 130 over previous Jordan/Nike prices.
theknowledgeableprofessor is right, Nike has the best return policy. If you're really interested in testing out a nike shoe, just buy it and try it out. If it's not up to your expected quality or standards, you can return it to them for free with a prepaid UPS label in the box (if for some reason it's not in the box, you just print it from online). It costs you zero dollars IF you return it. Your only cost is driving to UPS to send it back.

The cost to ship it to you is also free if you have a Nike+ account, if you don't have it then order two sizes of the shoes and shipping is free because you reach $150 minimum requirement for free shipping. Then you legitimately get to try out and test which size fits best.

Just my pair in today, definitely better than the xxx. Also better looking in person. Banned XXX1 is a copp after getting the USA.

Back
Top Bottom