The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

On the customs thoughts, I agree it's a unique collector piece of art that you can wear. If you hve the funds why not. I have two XI concord lows custom from KickassO

View media item 2200680Russ must like the traction and or cushion on the 30s better. Lol so the traction does suck. Its odd jordan would do this even if its him. They are pretty much admitting its not a great shoe.

Last edited:
Any comments on protecting these with any kind of spray. I've never used Crep, typically just use the protectants they sell at Footlocker, which seem to do fine for shoes with suede, not sure about the leather of these. Just curious what the best way is to protect these and avoid discoloration or messing up the leather part of the shoe.

Russ must like the traction and or cushion on the 30s better. Lol so the traction does suck. Its odd jordan would do this even if its him. They are pretty much admitting its not a great shoe.
But those are 31s in the pic you posted

200.gif

Russ must like the traction and or cushion on the 30s better. Lol so the traction does suck. Its odd jordan would do this even if its him. They are pretty much admitting its not a great shoe.
This is hilarious.

It doesn't seem like just a traction issue. It could be a midsole issue too.

Last edited:
Lol I didn't even notice it at first. Wow. Weren't there Jordan 1s with the 2 soles/midsole? I'm sure this so just like that (sarcasm). 20 years from now it will an unrealeased PE retro haha

Last edited:
Lol apparently russ didnt like the skipping, bumping traction of the 31.
None of the youtubers blasted jb hard enough for that at all.
I actually love this because it shows russ aint just about collecting that shoe check. He's demanding the best he can get and telling people when something aint up to snuff.
For this to happen he straight up told someone, i cant wear those.
Jb keeps making almost great shoes with fatal flaws

its hilarious reading all of the member's conclusions on why Russ's PE has the 29 midsole [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Brings back that question that was raised with the 29's and the 30's, does zoom air or air in the heel for that matter, really matter or make a difference at all.

Never mind the fact just last year alone he wore the 28's and 29's as well. So who knows.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I ask cause I finally laced up my SBBs and these are pretty damn snug. I mean from an athletic point of view, they're perfect, but casually I dunno until I see they stretch out. Went TTS btw...

I went half a size up. My TTS was too snug and it gave me that instant toe pain. I hope it doesn't stretch too much if any. Right now I ball fine in half size up.

Can anyone comment if 31s stretch out or are they forever snug?

Yes, the material does stretch out. I would estimate it took me about 1-2 sessions of about 3 hours of running full court games but it will vary depending on how you play and how much you weigh.

Westbrook's PE looks like it has a solid rubber outsole as well.

And smh at people initially jumping on me when I said I was slipping when playing in the banneds like MY experience couldn't have happened.

So.........guess that means the 31s are a "style shoe" at this point, considering even Westbrook couldn't deal with the 31s poor traction.

Any comments on protecting these with any kind of spray. I've never used Crep, typically just use the protectants they sell at Footlocker, which seem to do fine for shoes with suede, not sure about the leather of these. Just curious what the best way is to protect these and avoid discoloration or messing up the leather part of the shoe.

Protecting fake leather........

It's not that serious.

Westbrook isn't a real athlete if he's slipping in the 31s.

I've played in the 31s and I've had no trouble at all and I've played really competitive middle school basketball before I dropped out of high school.

I went half a size up. My TTS was too snug and it gave me that instant toe pain. I hope it doesn't stretch too much if any. Right now I ball fine in half size up.

Yes, the material does stretch out. I would estimate it took me about 1-2 sessions of about 3 hours of running full court games but it will vary depending on how you play and how much you weigh.

Westbrook's PE looks like it has a solid rubber outsole as well.

And smh at people initially jumping on me when I said I was slipping when playing in the banneds like MY experience couldn't have happened.
I do hope they stretch out a bit, just need a bit more height for my toes. Not like I had a choice anyways, bought a size 10 pack of the SBB Away and SBB31. I'll try stuffing them or putting in a shoe tree and completely relacing them.

I do hope they stretch out a bit, just need a bit more height for my toes. Not like I had a choice anyways, bought a size 10 pack of the SBB Away and SBB31. I'll try stuffing them or putting in a shoe tree and completely relacing them.

Oh, if it isn't a width issue and its a height issue then that may be a problem.

Still I would probably wear some thick socks (Nike Elite or maybe even boot socks if the shoes are really pinching down on your toes) and run some games in hopes that it will stretch out vertically.

Protecting fake leather........

It's not that serious.

Westbrook isn't a real athlete if he's slipping in the 31s.

I've played in the 31s and I've had no trouble at all and I've played really competitive middle school basketball before I dropped out of high school.

This gave me a chuckle. Repped. The first part and the last part

Oh, if it isn't a width issue and its a height issue then that may be a problem.

Still I would probably wear some thick socks (Nike Elite or maybe even boot socks if the shoes are really pinching down on your toes) and run some games in hopes that it will stretch out vertically.
bought these more as a lifestyle shoe lol but i'll see what i can do about the toe box

thanks

Back
Top Bottom