THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
im still salty I struck out on kb24 on the Bruce Lee V's all those years ago... the 9 lows are clean but they don't compare.

i like the 9s better than the Vs seeing that side by side look

i think fans of the kobe shoe tend to bash a shoe when they get the first preview and love it before long..

not the greatest cw but the shoe has potential

View media item 880032
After closer inspection, I saw that the carbon fiber was messed up. C'mon nike.

My inspirations came like that but on the inside cf piece on the right shoe. I scraped off some of whatever was on it and didn't think about it after that. Gonna get marked up one way or another.

On a side note, details are sick. My favorite out of what I have (asg and inspiration). Might double up...

Last edited:
View media item 880467View media item 880468View media item 880470
Kobe basically looked like a f****** ninja rocking the zk5s... Just don't take it out on the Kobe 9s, the 9s STILL look fantastic. Is it better? Probably not.
It's like saying "I'm not copping the Chaos 6 because the Chaos 5 is better", "I'm not copping the Chaos 5 because the Chaos 4 is better"

Just get it if you like it. You never know if you'll end up regretting it if you base it on feelings towards an older shoe.

GOD I love this theme. Bruce Lee theme > any other Kobe cw

people still keep falling for those folded highs thinking they're lows
people still keep falling for those folded highs thinking they're lows
This is really two fold. Pretty much all colorways that dropped initially for the 8s had some type of pattern to them until the PPs came...people complained that there were no plain uppers...now they drop a single color upper as the first and people complain that it isn't enough...I like them but mostly because I will be using them strictly for ball and they will do what I need...like what was said earlier there will definitely be some magic done like they did with the 8s so just sit back and watch because we have a long way to go before the 10s :smile:.
Seriously, I thought everyone was cryin' for more solid colorways. Everyone was sick of all the crazy patterns, Now they're starting off with a solid (popular) colorway and everyone is hatin'.

Are there any news on Kobe IX low IDs or when the IDs of the Kobe IX will be available?

so for the people who have already tried on the lows, are you guys saying TTS? Is the fit similar to the kobe 8s?

Man, I keep making a mistake and converting Euros to Canadian dollars instead of Pounds to Canadian dollars. The Bruce Lees end up being 202 American or 225 Canadian. I guess I'll be sitting these out

I'm so salty...I was too young to get the Bruce Lee 5s, but when I found out about them I wanted them soooooo bad. It was perfect; loved Bruce lee, loved Kobe, and he won a ring that year...but I was too young >: :frown:

But with that being said, I dig the IX lows and they will be copped :smokin

Last edited:

The problem is that Bruce Lee V's were just too wicked, and thus the Kung Fu IX's don't hold up.  It's similar to seeing a really hot girl that's about an 8.  By herself she's pretty smokin', but juxtapose her next to a couple of dimes and it's game over.  Ninja kick right to her ugly face.

Mad respect to any NT fam that own that absolutely wicked Kobe Rings shirt.
You guys can have the shoes.  I'm aiming for someone else.

Alright so I was able to cop both the Perspective and Detail in my true size 12. Obviously got my Perspectives first and my initial impression of them is that they ran big, which is what the majority of NT was saying about the 9s. I got the Details this weekend and after lacing them up I noticed they fit TTS... almost borderline snug actually (similar fit to the 8s).

I thought it was rather odd, so I thought I'd compare the two pairs and the Perspectives did in fact look a bit longer than the Details. I proceeded to remove the midsoles to compare them and here was my discovery:

It's a little hard to see the print on Perspective midsole, but it says "13A" on it; Detail clearly says 12C. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure that stands for the purposed shoe size. And to confirm, the Perspective midsole was in fact longer than the Detail:
that's a nice catch. the letter stamped after the size number represents the width of the shoe's last. D is considered a standard width. anything below that is narrow. i haven't checked all my 9s, but i will now after your discovery. i only pulled the lunar insert out of my masterpieces and saw that it was a C width. all the 8s i've checked are on a B width which is consistent with the common statement that the 9s run big compared to the 8s, as they are one width wider. an A width is incredibly narrow and someone who wears a C width would have to size up to fit into an A.

Late Masterpiece cop, drove from Los Angeles all the way to Lancaster. Got it for 450.
NRGs was gonna be next but my connect's selling them for $900+. Pass.

Complete prelude pack + Inspiration, Perspective and now Masterpiece.
Still waiting on my Details from END uk site.
Hey, didn't know you were on NT man. I was the guy that sold 'em to ya! But damn, didn't know you had the complete Prelude pack as well. Didn't really wanna sell them but some stuff came up so I had to. 
ohwell.gif

If anything, I'm glad they went to an avid collector. Enjoy the shoes!

Back
Top Bottom