THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Flyknit is pretty damn expensive from what I've been told.  Something about Nike not having many machines yet to actually produce a ton.
That's the main reason I'm going HAM on the 8s.  Will most likely only buy 1 or possibly 2 pairs of 9s if they're as expensive as I think they'll be.

Where did you hear this? Isn't flynit cheaper because its less labor intensive? Loses less waste?

Nike frees are 95-110 range, the new Nike free flyinits are 160.

Think about that...

No flyinits are cheaper than 150 retail, lunar flyknit ones are 160, chukkas are 170.

You guys are delusional if you think these will be any less than 170 for a regular retail kobe 9. Supreme, or + models will be even more.

Think about that...

No flyinits are cheaper than 150 retail, lunar flyknit ones are 160, chukkas are 170.

You guys are delusional if you think these will be any less than 170 for a regular retail kobe 9. Supreme, or + models will be even more.

That's fine... But call it what it is... Flynit is not more expensive to produce from everything I have read its actually the opposite... The price rise is all Nike... Not this there isn't enough machines stuff

Of course I could be dead wrong, I haven't been following flynit as closely as others may have in this thread

Last edited:
Flyknit, mids and now news of a HTM KOBE 9... passing on all nike releases till the 9s...wallet on ice till release day :frown:

Yeah plastic aka fuse shouldn't cost $130 but there's a lot more behind price points than material costs. The new KD's are minimal in terms of materials and the materials used are nothing but plastic, so should they be worth $130? With his increasing stardom and hype building behind his signature line, you see that price point. Mostly has to do with the times rather than the constitution of the actual shoe...

Think about that...

Those feature a full flyknit upper!  I highly doubt the Kobe 9 will feature a full flyknit upper.  

Don't forget that R&D also plays a part in price point....

People don't want to acknowledge that for some reason. Yes, Flyknit might be cheaper in the long term but I'm sure they sunk a bunch of money into the machinery for it and for the time being, those shoes are going to be more expensive.

Last edited:
Good pictures of the Kobe 8's didn't hit the net till like two weeks before release date.

People were going off that blog header with the forefoot swoosh and the blackout pair he wore in November.

I hope we don't need to wait that long

I love the way these look so far..but I have not tried on the Flyknit Chukka yet..kinda worried that these will b flimsy near the ankle area..

Lookin forward to seein the colorways..:pimp:

how is $200 impossible? How? The Kobe 8 Elite retailed for how much? Why the sudden shock when you get the same thing but with Flywire. Judging from the Kobe 8 Elite, if we get the 9 at $200, it should be a "bargain" by the Kobe 8 standards. $200 for the same exact shoe with a few strands of Flywire and one carbon fiber piece? :smh:
At least the 9 would have used Flyknit.

I've said it before and will say it again- Flywire/Engineered Mesh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hyperfuse/Synthetic garbage

how is $200 impossible? How? The Kobe 8 Elite retailed for how much? Why the sudden shock when you get the same thing but with Flywire. Judging from the Kobe 8 Elite, if we get the 9 at $200, it should be a "bargain" by the Kobe 8 standards. $200 for the same exact shoe with a few strands of Flywire and one carbon fiber piece? :smh:

I've said it before and will say it again- Flywire/Engineered Mesh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hyperfuse/Synthetic garbage

Yeah, I'm definitely in favor mesh or even flywire in my shoes as opposed to the synthetic uppers they've been using lately. I'd rather have a high quality leather even if it meant it was heavier and not as breathable to the synthetic uppers. I understand the standpoint of increased durability with fewer layers and even the price point for the R&D mentioned above, but i would prefer not to have it if possible.

But with that said, I've purchased many shoes with synthetic uppers in recent years, so nike still wins

He wore the black out pair in December....

So even later than I thought

I just remember it was our first real glimpse at the shoe, but we still couldn't really tell what they were gonna be like cause everything was blacked out.

And that was like 2 weeks? before RD

I'm not trying to clown you at all man, but do you have some kind of inside info or not?

There is no damn way that run-of-the-mill GR Kobe IXs will retail for $200. After years of retailing for $130/$140, they're not going to bump it up by THAT much. I don't care if they're made out of hyperfuse, flywire, engineered mesh, flyknit or hyperfoamfusemeshknitposite!

I'm not trying to clown you at all man, but do you have some kind of inside info or not?

There is no damn way that run-of-the-mill GR Kobe IXs will retail for $200. After years of retailing for $130/$140, they're not going to bump it up by THAT much. I don't care if they're made out of hyperfuse, flywire, engineered mesh, flyknit or hyperfoamfusemeshknitposite!

Agree. Thats pretty crazy for Nike to hike the price up 40% over 1 year. Especially like someone said, after a bad season and an almost career ending injury. I can see 175 max.

I love the way these look so far..but I have not tried on the Flyknit Chukka yet..kinda worried that these will b flimsy near the ankle area..

Lookin forward to seein the colorways..
pimp.gif
you've seen them?

No.

LOL, nah it's all good man. :D
The 9 will be beefed up so a price hike will be kinda justified. Imagine, the Free Flyknit retails for 160+ right? That's just
flyknit upper glued on top of a generic Nike Free sole. And the price is that much.

Add Kobe's name,

Add cushioning- let's say Lunarlon,

Add Flywire.

Add the usual Carbon Fiber shank plate.

Remove the Free midsole.

At least you know that when the price jumps, it's not ala-LeBron James that you only get plastic and wires.

LOL, nah it's all good man. :D
The 9 will be beefed up so a price hike will be kinda justified. Imagine, the Free Flyknit retails for 160+ right? That's just
flyknit upper glued on top of a generic Nike Free sole. And the price is that much.

Add Kobe's name,

Add cushioning- let's say Lunarlon,

Add Flywire.

Add the usual Carbon Fiber shank plate.

Remove the Free midsole.

At least you know that when the price jumps, it's not ala-LeBron James that you only get plastic and wires.

Your logic all definitely makes sense and I like that LeBron dig there :lol:, but it's just that I can't see that huge price jump from one year to the next.

it could be higher than the brons, same or a tad bit lower. But for sure there's a jump.
It's a crazy change for the Kobe line for sure. We gotta remember too, it's Kobe's twilight years. Nike will capitalize.

Back
Top Bottom