THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
havent copped any kobe 9s, i got pairs of the 5's, 6's, 7's and 8's but for some reason the 9 hasnt appealed o me yet

UNTIL NOW

i havent kept up with the availability and the hype of any of these releases. so i must ask yall, i plan on hittin HoH saturday as it opens. rough estimate of gettin beethovens casually arriving as it opens? 50%? or should i just rough it out on NDC? the other nike releases might curve some people off the kobes . idk. just curious .

your chance on scoring off NDC is high. FK id has been taken over by storm, plenty of releases the same morning, and it's a white and black $200 shoe lol. Buy online at 5/8 AM and sleep in. :D

havent copped any kobe 9s, i got pairs of the 5's, 6's, 7's and 8's but for some reason the 9 hasnt appealed o me yet

UNTIL NOW

i havent kept up with the availability and the hype of any of these releases. so i must ask yall, i plan on hittin HoH saturday as it opens. rough estimate of gettin beethovens casually arriving as it opens? 50%? or should i just rough it out on NDC? the other nike releases might curve some people off the kobes . idk. just curious .
I feel the same way.  I'm hoping these will be on available at my local malls Saturday morning so I can see on feet and try them on in store.  With everyone having size discrepancies from the Kobe 8s v. Elite 9 highs v. Elite 9 lows v. Elite 9 low IDs i want to be sure of the fit if I decide to drop the $200 tag.

The moonwalker is a little different. Its translucent with a moon print under it thats kind of white. I agree with the beethovens though. A grey sole would have added more contrast. Then again, they still look cool.

I do believe Bae's have a grey sole.

If the Inspirations had either a white/off-white/or grey outsole versus black, I would have been all over them...  Love the cw but the black sole is just too much for me.  A lighter outsole to break it up would have been nice 

If the Inspirations had either a white/off-white/or grey outsole versus black, I would have been all over them...  Love the cw but the black sole is just too much for me.  A lighter outsole to break it up would have been nice 
I agree with you but I will say that the black outsole makes it the perfect show to ball in or "scuff" up. It shows, no wear. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I avoid black soled basketball kicks. Most inside courts don't allow black soles.

You're right. I was at FTL and someone in front of me bought the silver ones and on the register it said Kobe 9 PP.
So then there should be a green, red (or maroon), and maybe yellow variants that should be following suit soon.  

Last edited:
white elites look good def not nrg no volt there, just needs some solar red spraypaint (semiserious)

1407771775962061_large.png

Any word on what this is? I saw Baltimore Sneak Show post it??

Spotted at a Nike Kobe event in China. Part of a display. Won't release.

Photo credit goes to Hypebeast.

anyone use the LeBron 11 insert in any variation of the Kobe 9's? Please share if you have, what your feelings about this are. Just trying to get some feedback to see if it's worthwhile. Doing this for hooping purposes, not for casual btw...

anyone use the LeBron 11 insert in any variation of the Kobe 9's? Please share if you have, what your feelings about this are. Just trying to get some feedback to see if it's worthwhile. Doing this for hooping purposes, not for casual btw...
Nobody wears Bball shoes to play basketball. 
laugh.gif

I've never tried it to play ball in them but I tried to insert the lebron insole into my regular 9 EM and it was tight. I was afraid the EM would rip once i put my foot in there. I think it works better if you have the elite high since they tend to run bigger. I haven't tried it tho on the elite highs. Don't got no more of them.

Last edited:
Print out a vip card just to be on the safe side. Keep in mind you need to keep your billing address as a US one or else you won't be able to print one. It automatically disables your VIP points when you change your billing address back to a Canadian one.
so if i live in canada and make a vip account in the states and show my birthday as August, I can use the bday coupon here in Canada?

All I have to do is print out my vip card??

so if i live in canada and make a vip account in the states and show my birthday as August, I can use the bday coupon here in Canada?
All I have to do is print out my vip card??

If you can find a Bday coupon for the month we're in you can use it. I've yet to have to show them my birthdate or anything like that. They usually just take it or put the number in.

I don't know if it's just me, but I avoid black soled basketball kicks. Most inside courts don't allow black soles.
Ive personally never been to a court where you cant wear black soled basketball shoes. I have played on an NBA floor and they haven't said that. Im not saying that what you are saying isn't true, I just haven't run into it. I do know you cant wear black soled dress shoes because it leaves marks on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom