THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I think the move from low top to absolute high top is not a good one!

I really like the Kobe 8 and it is sad to see that they are not dropping notable Laker colourways, such as the inlines and amnesties!

For me personally I do not feel the IX at all and for the moment I will probably never buy one, it is not because of the price tag, since I am a big Foam fan since day 1 and prices above USD 220 seems to be almost normal, but the design is simply off the mark.

I really like the Kobe 8 and it is sad to see that they are not dropping notable Laker colourways, such as the inlines and amnesties!

For me personally I do not feel the IX at all and for the moment I will probably never buy one, it is not because of the price tag, since I am a big Foam fan since day 1 and prices above USD 220 seems to be almost normal, but the design is simply off the mark.

So would you say that your turned off the shoe based off pure aesthetics?

The lows posted on the last page are nice but if its like that im wasting most my money on EM Lows

+1 I will not buy the High but def would cop low or mid.

If those are really the Flyknit lows they just look exactly like the EM wear test sample. And a mid.

Last edited:

I can't help but think about how Awesome these would be as a REGULAR "High" Model.

Just chopping these down ONE INCH or 1.5" would've kept these from looking semi-goofy and woulda put these IX's in a whole nother Stratosphere!

I just pray the Low Tops end up being around the same length of the Kobe V-VIII... because the shape & style has the potential to be a CLASSIC.

Really digging that Flyknit too...  
nthat.gif
1 1/2 would remind me of the 180 pumps from back in the day.They were a high high top and easily rocked off the court.

Be honest. How many people are knocking the high because they fear they won't get a pair due to them being limited? Those Flyknit lows look just like the masterpiece with the top cut off. First thing I thought of was the pureposites. Same shoe but without the parts that make em cool for a cheaper price. Their nothing but a takedown model. The EM low I'm interested in.

I still am confused on why even release a low when the high acts like a low according to them :smh:

Double dipping so hard

I still am confused on why even release a low when the high acts like a low according to them :smh:

Double dipping so hard

The Flyknit low is a cash grab on Nikes part. Their trying to hide the fact their a takedown model of the 9 by calling them lows. What shoe has ever had 2 different versions of lows and what is the Venomenon a takedown model of, the 9 EM lows? I'm not paying 200$ for those when I can get the full product for 25$ more. Nike can't push a takedown model for 200$ so they call em lows instead. It's smart on their part but lol, their not getting over on me.

I don't consider it a "takedown". That term means lesser quality materials and less cushioning, which doesn't seen like the case with these.

Strictly off the pics they look just like the masterpiece. I find it hard to believe just removing the hight is worth a 25$ difference. We will see once more info becomes available though.

It's impossible that they'll release a high and a low that looks exactly the same. They've never released a LeBron mid that looks exactly like the low just chopped.

The Flyknit low is a cash grab on Nikes part. Their trying to hide the fact their a takedown model of the 9 by calling them lows. What shoe has ever had 2 different versions of lows and what is the Venomenon a takedown model of, the 9 EM lows? I'm not paying 200$ for those when I can get the full product for 25$ more. Nike can't push a takedown model for 200$ so they call em lows instead. It's smart on their part but lol, their not getting over on me.

JB has done lows and a SE model for years

It's impossible that they'll release a high and a low that looks exactly the same. They've never released a LeBron mid that looks exactly like the low just chopped.

Yep, and I hope a lot of people don't like the highs, so it will make it easier for me to get.

Last edited:
JB has and all the SE models are all garbage IMO. I've never been a fan of the SE, +, elite blah blah blah models of shoes. All of those fall in the "son of glove" category. I have no idea why these have the elite label and aren't just called the Kobe 9.

JB has and all the SE models are all garbage IMO. I've never been a fan of the SE, +, elite blah blah blah models of shoes. All of those fall in the "son of glove" category. I have no idea why these have the elite label and aren't just called the Kobe 9.

The XX8 SE is one of the best performing shoes ever made. Nothing "takedown" about that. Try again.

The XX8 SE is one of the best performing shoes ever made. Nothing "takedown" about that. Try again.

Try again? I don't play basketball. I judge shoes strictly off looks. My statement wasn't based off performance. The XX8 in all models are ugly IMO. We're not talking about the same things.

Then your opinion, and argument, is 1000% irrelevant to me.
That's cool. I'm curious though. You or anyone else that don't think basketball shoes are a "good look" casually. What do you guys wear off court? Shoes being worn for their intended purposes leaves what? Lifestyles?

When dressed dress/casual I wear my john Lofgren horween leather engineers. They are a top of the line small batch Japanese repro company. Quite high dollar but exquisite and the detail snd craftsmanship is second to none. When bumming around in sweat and tees... I wear basketball shoes like the xx8 without any problem. I've never heard anyone saying, "oh my god I can't believe he's wearing those xx8s with those sweat pants.... And he even tied them!!" Because despite popular belief 99% of the population could careless what's on your feet. I wear what I like and feels good and what I appreciate aesthetically.

Also Alden makes some really nice cordovan dress shoes, then there's always new bskance which has a couple classic nice casual shoes. Man there is more out there than basketball shoes and lifestyles...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom