THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Oh Oh OOOOOooOOOooh @byukid
pimp.gif

So are there two sets of laces or no? 

I've notice the Elite 9 has gained a lot of love lately. From the Christmas sellout to people hunting for the older Elites. No way the WTK will be easy IMO.

Last edited:
I've notice the Elite 9 has gained a lot of love lately. From the Christmas sellout to people hunting for the older Elites. No way the WTK will be easy IMO.

That tinker interview where he called it one of the greatest designs (9 high in general) ever probably drew some people back in.

Seems like there's more hate than love on the WTKs. I hope that's means easy cop.

I don't think there's hate for the shoe itself. It looks like a radical Colorway in line with the Influence and Super Hero.

It just doesn't have the hallmarks of a WT shoe based on previous signatures and shoes. Besides the tags on the inside, there are no call backs to the MP, Inspiration, Maestro, Showtimes, Influence, Details, Golds, etc.

But since they attached the name to the shoe, there is now hype.

Last edited:
I like it but they could have done some amazing things by combining all the previous elites. Seems to me they just didn't try. I mean it's a cool design but not WT material when compared to the Bron or KD versions.

In terms of a "what-the" ness I think I can say there's victories (the greenish), the perspectives (blue that's found throughout), and the orange-red from the strategies. That's a bit of a reach I'll admit but blue-orange-green seems to be the dominant theme on these.

I was under the impression that most folks didn't like these "boxing shoes".  I thought copping these WTK would be a breeze for me.....
laugh.gif

I was under the impression that most folks didn't like these "boxing shoes".  I thought copping these WTK would be a breeze for me.....
laugh.gif
Honest to god, I did not want to try them because I thought I would look goofy. The Xmas turned me, I loved the look and said I gotta try and rock em. Gonna see how they work with me and if I can pull it off I will go after the Details.

laugh.gif
Honest to god, I did not want to try them because I thought I would look goofy. The Xmas turned me, I loved the look and said I gotta try and rock em. Gonna see how they work with me and if I can pull it off I will go after the Details.
I'm regretting passing on the Xmas pair.  I got in line on NDC, but gave up my spot...smh

In terms of a "what-the" ness I think I can say there's victories (the greenish), the perspectives (blue that's found throughout), and the orange-red from the strategies. That's a bit of a reach I'll admit but blue-orange-green seems to be the dominant theme on these.

Besides the unreleased WTL 9 (off the top of my head), the left and right shoes tend to not not match in order to maximize the representation of that Sigs past designs. And again, I don't see any past influences besides the tags.

They could've called the influence, Restored, Maestro, Expression or whatever could've been called WTK based on patterns and design.

Outside of the MP's all the other Elite Highs I bought were easy to get.

I disagree. I missed out on the MPs, Maestro and Influence. But obviously everyone's mileage will vary. The WTK will not be an easy release based on the usual Kobe production numbers and hype associated with the name.

Was copping any of the initial releases a breeze?
The first high I bought on RD was the Details. Got it from NDC, but they did sell out. After that, each high seems to be easier and easier (Golds, Brave Blues) although most seem to sell out, at least online, after a while, or that day (Stockings).

Considering the Victories are mostly gone from NDC, I'm surprised there is still a FSR of the Sequoias.

Back
Top Bottom