THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Hey guys, just picked up a pair of Kobe 9s in this Wolf Grey/Dark Grey - White colorway (straight off the box) and was looking for some more info on them since I haven't seen many pairs. They're not a GR are they?

Last edited:
That's clean! Where did you pick it up? I believe those are not GRs but TBs.
I got them off eBay. Pretty sure they are TBs, but I thought TBs counted as GRs.
laugh.gif

Might have just been the few listings I'd seen of the colorway, but they had things like "rare,"  "unreleased," and "sample" in the listings and I'm not sure if that's true so I figured I'd ask.

Last edited:
BHM's scooped, DS for retail ($250) I'm satisfied with that. And those Puma's too :pimp:

BHMs. Some of, if not THE cleanest of the ix line.
IMO.
Great set^^ and the Masterpiece too.
Wonder if a retro is even an afterthought.

Hey just joined the forum after reading up on some stuff.

I currently have a pair of Kobe 9 EM lows, size 7.5

The lunarlon midsole  insole fits my foot shape perfectly, but when I ball with them, I get blisters on my toes

Is size 7.5 just too small for me after all? Should I go for size 8?

Also I read about people taking the Lebron XI full-length zoom air midsole  insole and putting it into the Kobe 9's

The result is excellent, but because the Lebron XI's midsole  insole is bulkier, it fills up the shoe more, especially around the toe area

So I'm thinking maybe I could find myself a pair of sz 7.5 Lebron midsoles insoles, and put them into a pair of sz 8 Kobe 9's?

Edit: thanks Kungfu Koala, I mixed up midsole and insole!

Last edited:
First off, welcome.
And I believe you're referring to insoles. I'd say go .5 to 1 size up; that should solve your issues. Swap insoles if cushioning is an issue, although I, personally never noticed.

First off, welcome.
And I believe you're referring to insoles. I'd say go .5 to 1 size up; that should solve your issues. Swap insoles if cushioning is an issue, although I, personally never noticed.
I got a pair of Kobe 9 Em in size 8 today. Played with them on for 2 hours and I can feel my toes have room to breathe instead of being squished every time I change speed!

But the overall fit of the sz 8 seems a bit too loose compared to how the sz 7.5 fit me. Made them feel less responsive.

Is it a good idea to look for some Lebron XI insoles? I read more replies in this thread and people seem to say that they fit in the highs nicely, but the result in Em lows seem like a mixed bag.

Last edited:
Did anyone have their 9 highs chopped and use them for balling? Thinking about doing it to my maestros but I'm not sure if the ankle lockdown will still be good enough to hoop in

Back
Top Bottom